Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD] Not all the units exported are imported

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] Not all the units exported are imported Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD] Not all the units exported are imported - 1/16/2014 4:30:12 PM   
iriyak

Hi,

I had an issue that not all the units exported were imported while editing my scenario. Can you kindly help me to clarify that issue?

What was done

0. Opened my scenario and continued editing my scenario
1. Exported 5 surface ships and saved as Group1.inst
2. Removed all the units
3. Clicked on "Load units/groups from file" menu and chose the group over the window.
4. Confirmed 5 ships listed at "Group Members pane and clicked on "Load selected"
5. All ships imported and put in place except "Leisure Fishing Boat #2 [7m]"

Clarification

While exporting 5 ships at Step no.1 I found Boat #2 and #4 are very close each other. So I was wondering if the application restricted an attempt to put units too close. Or Boat #2 should also be imported as well?

For narrowing the issue, I created Group2.inst where I manually put Boat #2 at a location a little far from #4 after importing 4 ships. No issue to export and import. All five ships were put in place as expected.

SW Version: Build 484
OS Version: Windows XP SP3 Japanese Edition
Reproducible: Yes (Always Boat #2 was not imported)
Attached: Group1.inst, Group2.inst

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 4/19/2014 4:53:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Not all the units exported are imported - 1/17/2014 1:27:20 AM   
Rudd

Hope you don't mind, I took a look at this one.

Alright 1st thing I did was remove the other 4 units in the "Notepad", it still listed Leisure Fishing Boat #2, but would not load.

So it has nothing to do with how close it is to another unit.

Then I took the lat/long to GE, then back to Command with the cursor, which you cannot see in pic, but you can see the datablock.

It appears Leisure Boat #2 is on "Commands land", indicated by the 7ft altitude, which is why it won't load, same thing will happen with land units if they are in "Commands ocean".

Hope this made sense.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to iriyak)
Post #: 2
RE: Not all the units exported are imported - 1/17/2014 1:41:35 PM   
iriyak

Hello John,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudd

It appears Leisure Boat #2 is on "Commands land", indicated by the 7ft altitude, which is why it won't load, same thing will happen with land units if they are in "Commands ocean".

Thank you very much for taking time to investigate the cause!

Confirmed a point in question has an elevation by 7ft! And understood it doesn't allow to put a surface ship unit on "Commands land" which also mentions why Group2.inst doesn't have an issue while importing. I might need to take a close look at what made boat #2 land, but this is another topic to talk about.

So now that the issue has been fixed, my first scenario became ready which helps examine a recent collision accident that happened just few days ago in Seto inland sea of Japan.

Thank you again,
Kazunori Iriya

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by iriyak -- 1/17/2014 2:42:32 PM >

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] Not all the units exported are imported Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI