Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The American Civil War Game Club

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Opponents Wanted >> The American Civil War Game Club Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The American Civil War Game Club - 1/17/2014 10:47:35 PM   
Joe Meyer

The ACWGC is entering its 17th year of existence, still very much alive and well and offering the same great enjoyment in a rich environment of camaraderie, competition, respect, friendship, honor and challenge, all wrapped up in as much role-playing as you may want. The Amercian Civil War - The Blue and the Gray, as offered by Matrix Games is directly supported by the Club.

Club membership is no longer tied to any minimum standards of gaming activity and members may indulge themselves at any rate equitable with their personal schedules and to their opponents. All that need be done to maintain a membership is to simply answer up to the monthly Muster Call. While primarily a PBEM (Play-By-E-Mail) organization, nothing prevents ACWGC "officers" from lighting up their computers with Internet Direct Play.

The Club derives great technical support from its automated Department of Records, which provides all of necessary data for game, membership and award records, designed by the remarkable and talented Don Adams. And while an "officer's" performance is tracked through his Officer Battle Dossier (OBD), there are no ladders to climb or scheduled competitions to observe. Both private and club-sponsored tournament play are offered, and multiple-player competition is very much active! Ranks are achieved through battle and service points, the latter a strictly voluntary function.

The ACWGC is divided into two separate Military Groups, North and South, replete with their own command structures, the whole overseen by an elected, "civilian," seven-man Cabinet. There are no charges or fees involved. And while each member is responsible for his own game "arsenal," there is no requirement to own every game supported by the club. You'd have to go a long, long way to find so much offered in gaming enjoyment for so little a price.

Contrary to the suggestion made elsewhere that the ACWGC is the domain of a select few, it is wide open to anyone who has an affinity and interest for the American Civil War military history, or who would like to!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: The American Civil War Game Club - 1/18/2014 3:32:01 AM   
Bozo

I think there are about 200 members and there is a lot of historical input in the forums, as well as gaming information. There are also active OPPONENTS WANTED forums.

I forgot I enter here as Bozo the Clown.

Ernie AKA Bozo

< Message edited by Bozo -- 1/18/2014 4:33:33 AM >

Bozo The Clown

(in reply to Joe Meyer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Opponents Wanted >> The American Civil War Game Club Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI