Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Murder or war

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Murder or war Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Murder or war - 1/29/2003 12:03:31 AM   
robot

River crossing by germans 7/41. Im russia defending the homeland. For first 6 turns of battle no arttilary from the germans. They kept trying to send infatry across in rubber boats. All i did was sit and wait for them to get into water. I must have sunk at least 20 boats. They never got any men to my side of river. The seventh turn of battle they began to bombard and send in planes. A little bit of smoke might have made the diff. The battle ended on the 11 turn. After the 6 or 7th turn no more men tried to come across. Never saw any tanks at all.
Very dumb ai if i do say so myself. They lost over 1000 men. After awhile during first 6 turns i stated to cry for them. I lost maybe 5 men and 1 afv from planes.
Well now we move on to 8/41. Dont know what the next battle is yet.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
- 1/29/2003 6:52:16 AM   
Katana

Yep, the AI sure sucks at river crossings. Just think of it as a quick and easy way to score some exp and repair points.
Next time you get one of these, spend some support points on well-armored bunkers and set them up in clear view, away fom the rest of your forces. Vey useful as artillery magnets ;)

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
- 1/30/2003 12:39:55 AM   
rbrunsman

You could be sporting and smoke the river with your own arty like the AI should do. It's not like you're going to use it and it is the obvious thing to do. It may give you a little bit of the feel of a real river crossing battle. Just a thought...

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 3
- 2/2/2003 11:28:40 AM   
Wolfleader

Heh. I love doing river defences because of just that, there's very few things that give my lads kills and experience than a river defence against the computer AI.:D What's really mean is bombarding the river bank where the enemy AI will congregate with plenty of arty.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 4
- 3/2/2003 12:10:59 PM   
Irinami

Turn it into a river crossing for your side. Define your own victory hexes. I did this against the French once in a GE Long WWII campaign. It was pretty easy so long as I was defending as the computer told me to. When I decided to be the attacker, though... things got interesting indeed!!

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
- 3/8/2003 5:17:39 AM   
RamBear

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Katana
[B]Yep, the AI sure sucks at river crossings. Just think of it as a quick and easy way to score some exp and repair points.
Next time you get one of these, spend some support points on well-armored bunkers and set them up in clear view, away fom the rest of your forces. Vey useful as artillery magnets ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh that's just.. CHEESE! :)

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Murder or war Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI