Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement - 1/22/2014 7:16:56 PM   
SRNae

I have a question mostly about the behavior of private sector passenger ships and the check box for 'use penal colonies to enforce enslavement'

If I select the planet policy to 'Resettle', the private sector will offload that population to a neighboring planet that will accept them.

If I am using penal colonies to enforce enslavement, all non penal colony worlds automatically set their policy to 'Resettle', I am assuming with the intention of resettling that population to the penal colony.

What I don't understand, is that I am still seeing a large number of my private sector moving migrants to neighboring worlds when penal colonies are active, should the passenger ships only move them to my penal colonies?

Is there a ratio cap for my race and enslaved race that once topped it moves populations to neighboring worlds? I feel that as a proud Dhayut ruler, these people are my property and I choose to place them in penal colonies, that's where they should go.

Could it be that the passenger ships are choosing the closest planet to migrate to? Penal colony or not?
Post #: 1
RE: Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement - 1/23/2014 2:58:10 PM   
SRNae

Any insight?

Bueller?

I think it also might operate a little differently depending on if the enslaved race has a nearby homeworld in play. They seem to favor that over other closer penal colonies / planets.

< Message edited by SRNae -- 1/23/2014 3:59:45 PM >

(in reply to SRNae)
Post #: 2
RE: Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement - 1/23/2014 8:34:06 PM   
VorteeX

There no penal colonies, if u have one it's only name. If u call planet ZOO it's not mean there will be only furry races :D

Accept/Assimilate - population will be migrate/emuigrate from whole universe.
Don't Accept - population will be emigrate but they will be not coming - normal grown rate
Resettle - population will be not coming, and they get priority in you passanger fleet and other empires passanger fleets. They will migrate mostly not inside you empire.
Anihilate - they just die
Slave - population will be not migrate or emigrate. Growing rate 0% / incrase colony income decrase morale

(in reply to SRNae)
Post #: 3
RE: Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement - 1/23/2014 10:10:49 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Does it really say enforce enslavement? I don't think I've ever seen this one. I do recall using prisoners as slaves though for production purposes. But nothing about enforcing slavery planets or making a planet/colony into one. Just using prisoners as slaves taken from planet/colony prisons.

(in reply to VorteeX)
Post #: 4
RE: Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement - 1/23/2014 10:28:51 PM   
SRNae

Enforce is the wrong word. The actual tick box says Use Penal Colonies to Implement Slavery.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 5
RE: Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement - 1/23/2014 10:36:27 PM   
Tophat1815

What race are you playing as? I am curious to know. I might have to try a despotic regime and see about this policy.

(in reply to SRNae)
Post #: 6
RE: Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement - 1/23/2014 10:59:01 PM   
SRNae

I am playing as Dhayut. Enslavement is part of my victory conditions.. muahaha.

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 7
RE: Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement - 1/24/2014 1:24:25 AM   
Henzington

yeah unless you want to roleplay them, I would suggest not enslaving any other races till you are close to victory as enslavement causes population growth to be zero.

(in reply to SRNae)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Using penal colonies to enforce enslavement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI