Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No Sound

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> No Sound Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Sound - 12/27/2013 11:26:00 PM   
Sabian

I am running v1.02 and have clicked off/on the "use game sounds and background music" but it produces no sound. If I go into the files independently, I can click on each file and it plays the .mp3 just fine. Why isn't the game triggering any of the sounds/music?
Post #: 1
RE: No Sound - 12/28/2013 6:36:02 AM   
Dimitris

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. When you check-on the checkbox for the sound do you also click on the OK button to apply the setting? Thanks!

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 2
RE: No Sound - 12/28/2013 2:51:08 PM   
Sabian

Yes, I also click the "OK" button after making the selections. I DL'd (using the Internet DL) to my laptop and its fine there, just on my main gaming PC its not working which was installed from the CD. Not sure that has anything to do with it though since both were upgraded to the latest version.

< Message edited by Sabian -- 12/28/2013 3:53:32 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: No Sound - 12/29/2013 1:11:07 PM   
Sabian

Update: I have uninstalled and re-installed the entire game again and still having the same issues. I must say I am disappointed not being able to hear ANY sounds for this game. The game play itself is fun, but not having some of the sounds is discouraging.

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 4
RE: No Sound - 1/6/2014 6:02:28 PM   
Dimitris

Thanks, logged.

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 5
RE: No Sound - 1/12/2014 4:38:21 PM   
Sabian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Thanks, logged.

Sunburn,

What exactly does that mean? I've searched and it appears I am the only one with this issue. Is there a number or something that I can call and see if we can figure out why I have no game sounds? Its getting frustrating quick. Thanks for any insight.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
RE: No Sound - 1/12/2014 4:39:11 PM   
mikmykWS

This means we've added it to our list of things to look at.

Thank!

Mike

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 7
RE: No Sound - 1/22/2014 12:38:05 AM   
Sabian

Any update to this? Haven't played this game due to no sound.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 8
RE: No Sound - 1/22/2014 12:46:23 AM   
mikmykWS

Not yet but seriously?

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 9
RE: No Sound - 1/22/2014 9:04:41 AM   
KewDok

Sabian, there are really not many sounds in this game. It is a simulation, and the game is almost completely silent, as you probably know from playing on your laptop. Many actually prefer not to use sounds at all since they add little to the game (Except making you jump when the occasional missile is launched).

If you want some sounds for immersion I recommend downloading SeaHag while you wait for the devs to look into your problem. This is a sound "mod" that gives a lot of audio feedback on what is happening in the game as well as some background sound. You can find SeaHag here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3457871&mpage=1&key=seahag�

Please read the instructions for SeaHag carefully and post any questions or problems in that thread.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 10
RE: No Sound - 1/23/2014 2:01:31 AM   
Sabian

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Not yet but seriously?

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks KriB and mikmyk and please don't think I'm just trying to "stir the pot". To me personally, its good to know especially when you have a lot of different things going on simultaneously to "hear" events occurring. For example, (and probably one of the most important for me) is the sound of aircraft when they are taking off. I can't tell you how many times in the short time I did play, that I didn't realize my planes were actually in the air. I understand it says it in message box, but for a noob like me, a lot of what is in there makes no sense as it is. I am guessing there is some sort of dice rolling for hits/misses kinda of like D&D but that is speculation on my part. Regardless, having the sound for key events letting the player know what is occurring is something that I would think would be considered a "requirement" and would be one of the things needing to be fixed fairly quickly. Although I can appreciate the developers devotion to improve the simulation aspect as seen in the last two builds, it is a bit concerning that a basic functionality of the game that has been "logged" is not a high priority to fix. Just my .02

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 11
RE: No Sound - 1/23/2014 1:40:06 PM   
ExMachina

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabian
it is a bit concerning that a basic functionality of the game that has been "logged" is not a high priority to fix. Just my .02

Don't worry, they'll fix it if other people report this problem. At the moment though, it sounds like it is specific to your system-when you installed the game, did you by any chance opt out of downloading and installing the recommended dependencies?

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 12
RE: No Sound - 1/23/2014 3:28:04 PM   
Sabian

quote:

ORIGINAL: ExMachina

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabian
it is a bit concerning that a basic functionality of the game that has been "logged" is not a high priority to fix. Just my .02

Don't worry, they'll fix it if other people report this problem. At the moment though, it sounds like it is specific to your system-when you installed the game, did you by any chance opt out of downloading and installing the recommended dependencies?

Yes, I downloaded all the updates and even uninstalled/re-installed again. As mentioned previously, I get all sounds just fine including the little beeps on the splash page when the game launches, but no in-game sounds.

I have looked and as far as I have seen, so far it is specific to me. If making a solution is not going to be community wide (which I could understand since only one out of thousands have this issue), then I wish there was some sort of technical support that I could either call or e-mail etc.. to troubleshoot the issue. I have both a dedicated sound card as well as onboard with my MB? Not sure if there is a conflict there with the game's coding causing the problem or not.

(in reply to ExMachina)
Post #: 13
RE: No Sound - 1/23/2014 4:25:03 PM   
ExMachina

quote:

I get all sounds just fine including the little beeps on the splash page

Weird. I don't get these...do others?

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 14
RE: No Sound - 1/23/2014 9:28:04 PM   
mikmykWS

Hi Sabian

Couple things you could try.

1)Make sure the sound card you're using doesn't have DirectSound disabled. There should be a setting in there for it.

2)Try switching what card is used and let us know what happens. If it works might be something up with the other card. Try updating your drivers/sofware for it and if it still doesn't work let us know what it is.

Thanks. Hope this helps!

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 1/23/2014 10:28:31 PM >

(in reply to ExMachina)
Post #: 15
RE: No Sound - 1/24/2014 1:10:14 AM   
Sabian

Mike,

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I did update and install the latest drivers, so I know that isn't the issue I don't believe.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 16
RE: No Sound - 1/24/2014 10:46:27 PM   
mikmykWS

Hi Sabian

How'd it go? Just curious.

Mike

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 17
RE: No Sound - 1/25/2014 1:31:09 AM   
Sabian

Mike,

Thanks for the follow-up, unfortunately it was a long day in the office and didn't have time to look at. It is on my list for tomorrow though. :)

BTW.. Where would I find that "DirectSound" setting?

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 18
RE: No Sound - 1/25/2014 2:08:53 PM   
Sabian

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Hi Sabian

Couple things you could try.

1)Make sure the sound card you're using doesn't have DirectSound disabled. There should be a setting in there for it.

2)Try switching what card is used and let us know what happens. If it works might be something up with the other card. Try updating your drivers/sofware for it and if it still doesn't work let us know what it is.

Thanks. Hope this helps!

OK Mike,

Here is the latest and I finally feel like we are making a little progress.

1)I can't for the life of me find the "DirectSound" setting for my card or ANYWHERE on my computer except in an .ini file for another game I have. I have searched on the internet to see how to modify it and I just don't see it. I saw something that talks about WASABI(sp), but don't know what that is either. I'll include a pic of my card's interface and let me know what you think.

2) I searched for the latest drivers for my card using the "search for updated drivers" feature and it said I had the latest one. Next, I disabled my Xonar DGX which is my "default" sound card and ran with the onboard REALTEK which is used exclusively for the bass transducers on my gaming rig. Restarted the computer and booted up the game again and finally got the muffled sound of the music playing in the background. So I think its safe to say its a setting with my card somewhere don't you think? I can't easily just use the REALTEK onboard card since I would have to change the connection every time on the back of the computer and switch it to the regular speakers and then reconfigure again. That would be a PITA. Anyways, thanks for your continued support and at least I feel we are making some headway. Please advise on next steps.

Thanks,
Doug

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 19
RE: No Sound - 1/25/2014 3:43:11 PM   
mikmykWS

Hi Doug

See page 43 of this manual

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Audio_Card/Xonar_DGX/E7798_Xonar_DGX.pdf

You have a green light on your gx button above but do me a favor and turn the knob above to the midpoint and let me know what happens.

Sorry if this is a little awkward but don't have one of these cards so can't try and report.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 20
RE: No Sound - 1/25/2014 8:14:42 PM   
Sabian

Mike,

I don't know whats going on. Although that didn't do anything, I was switching the GX/HF buttons around and selecting other outputs etc.. and it actually started to work. Music playing just fine. Then after awhile, it would just stop. No matter what I do I can't get it to play again.

Update: I got it to play again some how, (or it just decided to work) and when it played the music through and began on its second cycle, it played at twice the speed and was a little distorted until it eventually cut out.

Update#2 - While typing Update #1, the music just automatically started playing without me doing anything.

Update#3 - Success!!!! I think :) After Update #2, I didn't touch anything and just let it run through the music a few times. Then, went into the options and was able to turn the music on/off with no issues. Finally quit the game and restarted it a few times and have had sound ever since. He is the attached of the settings it is working at for further reference if anyone else has an issue.

Weird!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sabian -- 1/25/2014 9:38:12 PM >

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 21
RE: No Sound - 1/25/2014 9:52:07 PM   
mikmykWS

Ok the music is a different issue. That one is something we have to fix but sound effects should work fine.

Glad we get there. I really think it has to do with the 2 cards but we'll continue to investigate. Thanks for your help identifying this.

Mike

(in reply to Sabian)
Post #: 22
RE: No Sound - 4/16/2014 5:34:26 PM   
Dimitris

Can you please check again once the next public release is out? We've made quite a few tweaks on this.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> No Sound Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI