Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Global War - Internet Play – Continued.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Global War - Internet Play – Continued. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Global War - Internet Play – Continued. - 1/28/2014 2:22:29 PM   
kjgokc2007

Global War - Internet Play – Continued.

For anyone that had issues with the last patch. (& have a cd of WIF) Uninstall the game. And Reinstall from the CD. Then patch. (The download from Matrix did not work for me). * No saved games are lost.

My brother and I actually completed a complete 8 phase turn in Global war.

We had some issues with the start of the 2nd trun.

1) Initiative – the Allies actually won the initiative stage but the Axis ended up moving first. The allies in this case didn’t mind as they would have passed it to the Axis. But they should have had the choice. (Axis did not opt to reroll) [Makes the game unplayable]

2) We ran into an issue the Neutrality Pacts. When the German dialog box came up to pick chits and place then offensive or defensive Vs Russia. The Dialog box would not interact with me. I tried and tried to get focus on the dialog box but nothing seamed to work… I just started closing windows and hitting about every possible key combo I could think of to get the dialog box to get focus. (Even windows that popped up behind or in front of this dialog box would not get focus. I thought we were doomed to wait for another path to fix it. Finally something worked, I don’t know what. I got focus and picked and placed my chits… YEA! [if anyone knows what to do when this happens please reply with the answer, I fear we are going to run into the same issue next time this comes around).

3) We had an issue with ATR Resupply. The game didn't mark the air unit used and it could repeat this every impulse. (We agreed not to but still)

4) Combat I did a 3-1 combat vs china. I had two units killed. I marked both of them and went to advace and all 4 units stayed alive. (This could be huge in gameplay as we had to restore to before the battle.)

5) (NEW 2/6/2014) The Milita reinforcements purchased on turn 1 did not arive the next game turn. In fact Italy, Japan were complete skipped in reinforcements (Only Germany received reinforcements on turn 2) (Not 100% what allies got or didn't get) [Makes the game unplayable]

6) (NEW 2/6/2014) The Construction pool had one side (Axis) showing the Russian Navel Units to come in over several Turns. The Allied side did NOT show these units.

Thanks for getting Net Play working… it is the entire reason we bought the game. Please focus on getting Net Play running.

* As a programmer my self. I suspect that the logic to keep two player .gam files in sync is not working. I would work on a way to verify the file difference and correct them at the end of each phase.

Kenny

< Message edited by kjgokc -- 2/6/2014 6:59:06 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Global War - Internet Play – Continued. - 1/28/2014 4:47:50 PM   
khucke

Congratulations!
You're probably the first ones to make it into the second turn. Did you start that game after reinstalling or did you continue a saved game from your first install?

(in reply to kjgokc2007)
Post #: 2
RE: Global War - Internet Play – Continued. - 1/28/2014 4:49:39 PM   
kjgokc2007

continue from 3 impulse german DOW.... (saved game)

(in reply to khucke)
Post #: 3
RE: Global War - Internet Play – Continued. - 1/28/2014 4:52:19 PM   
Sabre21

That's good to hear someone made it that far. Bloodybill and I still can't get past surprise port attacks unless we just don't do them. Even then though the furthest we got was the 6th impulse of the 1st turn.

(in reply to khucke)
Post #: 4
RE: Global War - Internet Play – Continued. - 1/28/2014 6:08:52 PM   
kjgokc2007

I did a surprise Port attack on Belgium no issues. But we did run into issues with ships rebasing to UK on the no pasing side and staying at the port attacked on the phasing side....

same old same old .... a few fixes here and there and net play should get going.

* Develpers, the issue seams to be you can't keep the data files on netplay in sync. Loading a game from one players data (the good data) would be a way for your gamers to at least continue to play.

Just an idea.

< Message edited by kjgokc -- 1/31/2014 3:31:43 PM >

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Global War - Internet Play – Continued. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI