Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Current game that crashes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Current game that crashes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Current game that crashes - 1/20/2014 10:10:13 PM   
mmoore327

I posted earlier today wondering about whether there were any optional rules that may make the game more stable. Attached is my current game file with crash that I can't get by...

USSR production has just been completed but not yet finalized so if you select "Done Production", on my machine at least, game will crash shortly after (provides messages about denmark being captured first, etc...) it appears to be in the annual additions phase that actual error message is displayed.

I also submitted the bug report.

Mike

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/22/2014 12:59:34 AM   
mmoore327

As FYI followed comment I saw in other thread to turn off autosave and I was able to get by the bug in this save game...

(in reply to mmoore327)
Post #: 2
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/22/2014 6:13:17 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: mmoore327

I posted earlier today wondering about whether there were any optional rules that may make the game more stable. Attached is my current game file with crash that I can't get by...

USSR production has just been completed but not yet finalized so if you select "Done Production", on my machine at least, game will crash shortly after (provides messages about denmark being captured first, etc...) it appears to be in the annual additions phase that actual error message is displayed.

I also submitted the bug report.

Mike

I downloaded your game and ran it through to Trade Agreements in the next turn, without any trouble. Perhaps some of the changes I have made since 1.1.0.0 fixed the problem. Version 1.1.1.0 should be available later this week. Please try running your saved game using that version. If the problem reoccurs, let us know by posting to this thread.

EDIT: I had AutoSave on when I ran your game.

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 1/22/2014 7:14:43 PM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to mmoore327)
Post #: 3
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/24/2014 9:19:25 PM   
mmoore327

Steve - as requested I updated to 1.1.1 and retried the game file I sent you (confirmed I was running 1.1.1 and turned on autosave...)

Game still crashes for me at same point (have emailed bug report)...

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/29/2014 8:53:59 PM   
Tankograd

Unfortunately, I'm encountering the same problem The phase of production is finished, a message indicates me that Denmark, Netherlands and Belgium has just been conquered by the German armies, and then the game crashes immediatly after, during the phase of additions (chinese ones).

I also submit the bug report and my saved game.

Regards

(in reply to mmoore327)
Post #: 5
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/29/2014 9:14:59 PM   
Tankograd

Perharps a solution to fix this problem : I cancel the auto save game function in the player interface settings, and now it seems to work well. I cross my fingers

(in reply to Tankograd)
Post #: 6
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/29/2014 10:01:14 PM   
paulderynck

Which operating System? Are you running as Administrator? If not, please turn Autosave back on and try running the same sequence as Administrator and let us know.

Thanks.

Paul

(in reply to Tankograd)
Post #: 7
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/30/2014 3:27:53 AM   
DreadedTaipan

Hi paulderynck,

I am also still getting this crash bug at the annual additions phase. I have am running as administrator with the latest patch. Win 7.

Cheers,

DreadedTaipan

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 8
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/30/2014 3:30:31 AM   
DreadedTaipan

Last autosave before crash. Running from here crashes game for me.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DreadedTaipan)
Post #: 9
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/30/2014 5:07:37 AM   
paulderynck

I am able to continue the game from this save (Win XP). All I can suggest is that you do as the others in this thread have done and try turning off the Autosave and do a manual save in the same spot and see if you can continue from there.

Paul

(in reply to DreadedTaipan)
Post #: 10
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/30/2014 9:47:32 AM   
Tankograd

Hi Paul

The OS is Win 7 x64 Service Pack 1, and I'm running as admin. Since I turn off the autosave, the game works smoothly.

After your post yesterday, I tested my bugged saved game with the autosave on, and the game crashed again. So, in my opinion, the problem seems to come from the autosave function.

Regards

Post #: 11
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/30/2014 9:00:48 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankograd

Hi Paul

The OS is Win 7 x64 Service Pack 1, and I'm running as admin. Since I turn off the autosave, the game works smoothly.

After your post yesterday, I tested my bugged saved game with the autosave on, and the game crashed again. So, in my opinion, the problem seems to come from the autosave function.

Regards

The problem I have seen with autosaving games has to do with where the games are being saved. If you are using a local disk, it should be okay. But if you are saving games to a remote device (even a plug-in thumb drive) you might encounter problems because of buffering.

When I have examined these in detail, it appears that the last buffer (a hundred or so bytes) is not being written out to the GAM file (8+ MB). I have no idea why this happens, but apparently writing out to a disk file isn't always processed the same way by the operating system.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Tankograd)
Post #: 12
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/31/2014 3:43:09 AM   
paulderynck

mmoore327 and Tankograd - please comment on where your save files and autosave files are set to go to. Default install is the disk drive you assigned the World in Flames folder to, like this:
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games, and
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave; C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave\Allied;
C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave\Axis

(in the above, substitute "Global War" with the scenario you had chosen)

Thanks.

Paul

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 13
RE: Current game that crashes - 1/31/2014 10:05:42 AM   
Tankograd

Hi,

Here is the link for my autosaved games : C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War\Saved Games\AutoSave
When I save manually, the link is : C:\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Global War

The files are saved on my local HD, not on a remote device.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Current game that crashes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI