Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help replacing ship images

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Help replacing ship images Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help replacing ship images - 2/2/2014 10:13:35 PM   
DrApostle

Hi everyone!

I am trying to replace the human ship images (and that is all!). I thought it would be as simple as taking ships Haree78 made in the Battlestar Galactica mod for Legends and replacing them in the same place in the Shadows version. NOPE!

I am also using the Extended mod by Haree78.

Whenever I try to load the game making any changes, it crashes. Any ideas? Has the ship graphic format changed from Legends to Shadows?

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Help replacing ship images - 2/3/2014 12:02:32 AM   
yummie

Well if you wait till the new tool comes out will be a snap. But basically you need to rename the files to match the ones you want to take its place. If that doesn't work, Let me know and I'll get that mod and see why it isn't working for you. It could also be the version. There is allot of changes and some things don't work from legends to shadows, So if you need more help let me Know and I'll be glad to help, Even though I am working on a tool for this game to make modding simpler this could be a nice break to figure out.

(in reply to DrApostle)
Post #: 2
RE: Help replacing ship images - 2/3/2014 3:13:57 AM   
Haree78

Hi DrApostle, install the Shadows version of the Extended mod as normal. Then get the BSG mod and take family24 I believe it is (the ones with the BSG ships you want) and rename the folder to family6. Now copy this family6 folder in to the shipImages folder of the Extended theme. The folder should now be sitting next to all the other familyXX folders. Job done.

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 3
RE: Help replacing ship images - 2/3/2014 9:38:14 PM   
DrApostle

I was able to transfer several at a time into the main family6 folder ... not sure why it didn't let me move the whole folder. It looks really great! Haree78 you do great work!

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Help replacing ship images Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI