Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/3/2014 10:23:47 AM   
greatTop

Hello Commanders,

Here's a scenario I've been working on lately, it is set in January 2014 and is centered around the disputed Senkaku (japanese) Diaoyu(chinese) Islands.

In this scenario you will be in command of Chinese forces of the Nanjin military district + East Fleet
I haven't had the time to do a correct "briefing" nor setting up a nice background story.
I'm also planing on doing Japanese side of this scenario as soon as the Chinese one is finalized...

This is more or less a sandbox mission with many ways to achive your goal.

Your objective is to bring your amphibious fleet to the Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands (couple of nm North East of Taiwan and the zone is marked...) , you have to hold the position for 6hours the time for your troops and equipement to land.

But beware the japanese have all their 4 fleets + a sub sqn on route to intercept and the JASDF will scramble jets at any sign of your fighters or ships. They have a performant EW system composed by both radars sites and AWACs. They also have constant Maritime patrol of P3s Orion airborne.
So it is up to you to take care of that if you thinks it's necessary... ( I would recommend, you to do so)

Here are your amphibious ships :
-3x LST (Type 072 Yuting II)
-2x LPD (Type 071 Kulun Shan)

For the mission to be successfull you need at least ONE OF EACH of those two types to reach the designated zone and hold for 6 hours ! Otherwise you lost...

I will really appreciate if you could give it a try and let me know what you think of it.

Cheers guys

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by greatTop -- 2/3/2014 5:49:37 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/3/2014 3:22:38 PM   
tommo8993

Good scenario, but what am I supposed to do? It needs a briefing, just a basic one to tell me what to do. Also a Chinese carrier would be good.

(in reply to greatTop)
Post #: 2
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/3/2014 4:45:12 PM   
greatTop

Unfortunatelly for the chinese the CV Liaoning isn't "fully combat operational" before at least 2016, the the crew as well as the pilots are still trying to learning out how the danm thing works...

As requested :

This is more or less a sandbox mission with many ways to achive your goal.

Your objective is to bring your amphibious fleet to the Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands (couple of nm North East of Taiwan and the zone is marked...) , and hold position for 6hours the time for your troops equipement to land.

But beware the japanese have all their 4 fleets + a sub sqn on route to intercept and the JASDF will scramble jets at any sign of your fighters or ships. They have a performant EW system composed by both radars sites and AWACs. They also have constant Maritime patrol of P3s airborne.
So it is up to you to take care of that if you thinks it's necessary... ( I would recommend, you to do so)

Here are your amphibious ships :
-3x LST (Type 072 Yuting II)
-2x LPD (Type 071 Kulun Shan)

For the mission to be successfull you need at least ONE OF EACH of those two types to reach the designated zone and hold for 6 hours ! Otherwise you loose...

< Message edited by greatTop -- 2/5/2014 9:16:30 AM >

(in reply to tommo8993)
Post #: 3
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/4/2014 8:15:46 PM   
tommo8993

Ok, more feedback.

As I said, a briefing and objectives. Chinese dont have any real ASW capability or helicopters with the SAG's. Chinese also need tankers and maybe some H-6's because they can launch silkworm missiles. They are being phased out but they still have a squadron or two in service. Other than that its a good scenario.

(in reply to greatTop)
Post #: 4
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/5/2014 8:15:26 AM   
greatTop

Thanks mate, in my rush I completely forgot about the ASW on ships, and yes not a bad idea to add H6s, I will see if there are some in the Nanjin Military District.

(in reply to tommo8993)
Post #: 5
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/5/2014 10:55:21 AM   
Flankerk

If this is a sandox type scenario then it really isn't far off completion in all honestly.

I am only part way through and in many ways have started to lose the air war, that of course might be intentional.

A few things struck me. The air battle operates in pulses with different sides having the upper hand. I liked this and it felt as though the battle was very much ebbing and flowing from my point of view.

I did find however that when Japan had the upper hand their fighters roamed pretty much over China. A few battles deteriorated slightly in the Japanese top quality fighters almost orbitting my airbases as mine took off.

That didn't feel as realsitic as the battles over the sea. There was for example no SAM sites for China to provide base or air defence. (that could be solved using the imports) An alternative might just be some exclusion zones for Japan to stop the overflying?

To be truthful, with a side briefing and background it would actually look close to completion?

If you did add sam sites I think you'd still need to restrict Japanese AD fighters getting caught in sam traps with an exclusion zone to a certain extent as well.

Would be interested to see what others feel.

I'll let you know how the surface action groups progress of course!

(in reply to greatTop)
Post #: 6
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/5/2014 2:45:06 PM   
greatTop

Hey Flankerk, I had the same feeling that you have with the air superiority of the Japanese AF, I even had to delete an F-15 or F-2 squadron...

And no China loosing the "air war" came out as a surprise to me too, but it is mostly due to Japan having better A2A loadout, and fighters(I think). Still I tried to keep the fight near my SAGs for AA support. I mostly played defensively with my AF, and from time to time trying stealthy attacks against their radars and AWACs.

But what's weird about the japanese flying over the bases is that I added an no fly zone over china and (50nm over it's coast) I will defenetily give in an other look and maybe add some SAM's

Thanks for your feedback really appreciate it !

< Message edited by greatTop -- 2/5/2014 3:47:31 PM >

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 7
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/6/2014 6:45:43 PM   
Flankerk

Think I'm now winning the air war, well hopefully.
The base where they tended to stray around it might well be near an exclusion zone, its just they get too close. Luqiao tended to get F15's waiting for my planes to take off, it might just need the zone moving a bit.

The ships ideally could do with being specifically named, I think all have the class name instead.

The Japanese surface groups are moving to intercept mine, however the one to the North looks to get tangled up plotting a course around lots of islands. I suspect it needs a course manually set and possibly the group divided up?

Otherwise all looks to be moving as you planned.

(in reply to greatTop)
Post #: 8
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/11/2014 11:08:31 AM   
Flankerk

As discussed managed to get all groups into the area. Not triggered victory conditions yet.
the only issue I found is that both Japanese Task Forces effectively got caught up being large formations. The second group spent a fair bit of time repositioning around one island in its direct path.

Some surprise air strikes by Japan caught me off guard which was nice. Longer term the war of attrition actually counts against Japan so I could be very wrong there!

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 9
RE: Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] - 2/12/2014 1:30:17 PM   
Dimitris

bump

(in reply to Flankerk)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Invasion of the Diaoyu Island [For testing] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI