Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone play with the editor yet?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Anyone play with the editor yet? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 5:06:45 PM   
madDdog67

I created a simple scenario, and it was fairly easy to grasp. I have one question, though. Hitting F1 to edit terrain, I can change the hex to be whatever I want, and the text in the hex changes to reflect that, but the actual art work for the hex--say a stone building--never shows up. Anyone have any tips/thoughts?

Yes, I realize it's undocumented and scary, but I'm guessing some other brave souls have already given it a shot :).
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 5:22:25 PM   
Blond_Knight

You change a hex's look but changing the bmp file itself(like with photoshop). Your only assigning polygons in the editor to tell the AI how to act and for determining LOS.

(in reply to madDdog67)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 5:47:27 PM   
Gerry4321

It seems that in the editor there should be a series of standard hex types (open ground, stone building, etc.) and when you change a hex in the editor should it not pull up the proper graphic? Maybe I am misunderstanding?

Gerry

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 5:51:15 PM   
Barthheart

The maps are full .bmp files. Not made up of different hexes. To change the look of a hex you need to edit the map file itself.

What you do in the editor is tell the program what is in each hex as the program does not know what you have drawn.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 5:56:01 PM   
Gerry4321

Thanks.

Also did I see somewhere there are around 30 maps in the game?

Gerry

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 5:59:04 PM   
Tom Proudfoot

If by maps you mean map backgrounds, there's actually about 80, but some are winter versions of other panels and others are slight modifications for various scenarios. There are 29 set up and ready to use in the editor.

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 6:01:01 PM   
Barthheart

There are 83 map files in the games directory. There are quite a few that are the same just with a snow covering.
Some are also variations with new terrain of flip/rotated.

EDIT*** Damn ninja'd by Tom.

< Message edited by Barthheart -- 2/14/2014 7:01:47 PM >

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 6:05:25 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

If by maps you mean map backgrounds, there's actually about 80, but some are winter versions of other panels and others are slight modifications for various scenarios. There are 29 set up and ready to use in the editor.

Just so I am understanding this, any map that comes with the game is ready to use in the editor, is that right?

(in reply to Tom Proudfoot)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 6:21:17 PM   
Tom Proudfoot

Umm... there's a couple different definitions of 'map', and I don't want to be confusing.

Some lovely and talented artists have drawn 83 background images to be used to put together maps.

29 of those images have been set up as 'panels' which are assembled into larger maps in the editor, up to 3x3 panels per map.

A number of these 29 have a winter variant (from that pool of 83), so you would click 'snowy map' in the editor (or whatever it's called) and all the panels on that map swap to the winter ones (if available).

Most of the scenarios in the game were made by assembling these panels. The big exceptions are the special ones that don't tile generically, like the Murmayev map, so they were not suited to be cut into panels. If you wanted to use that Murmayev map for your own scenario, though, you could just load up one of the scenarios that uses it in the editor and modify from there.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 9
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 6:52:21 PM   
Titanwarrior89

I'am now using some of the panel maps and they seem to be working just fine. Unless Ive missed something.

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

Just so I am understanding this, any map that comes with the game is ready to use in the editor, is that right?

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 2/14/2014 7:52:41 PM >

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 10
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 6:57:44 PM   
aaatoysandmore

When you say editor is that an ability to CREATE a new map and units? Like a scenario editor maybe?

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 11
RE: Anyone play with the editor yet? - 2/14/2014 7:18:19 PM   
Titanwarrior89

No so far Ive only combined panels and made a large map and used the units provided. But frome these I was able to make a scenario.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Anyone play with the editor yet? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI