Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/10/2014 5:08:10 PM   
cbelva

Sorry, it won't be released today. There was one additional issue that Rob was working on last night and hopefully he has taken care of it. We have a meeting to tonight to discuss the status of the patch. If all goes as planned (i.e. no last minute unforeseen problems), Matrix should have it tomorrow and we would hope it would be released sometime this week--it will depend on Matrix's schedule. We will let you know if anything unexpected pops up.

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 31
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/10/2014 5:15:52 PM   
CapnDarwin

Released to you today, no. Cleared tonight in our dev call, update doc updated, and tweaks for mod guides, and uploaded to Matrix FTP for installer work and posting , yes. Generally takes a day or two to get through the system there. We have a couple minor AI issues and tweaks we will be rolling over into 2.04 as well instead of holding 2.03 up any longer. We want you guys to enjoy all of the work done for 2.03.

We will also be posting Mod Guides (3 out of the now 4) and the map templates to Matrix to place on the public FTP as well. That's a quick copy over and posting of locations. That should happen Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

Much Red Storm goodness on the way.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 32
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/10/2014 5:17:56 PM   
Tazak

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 33
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/10/2014 5:22:25 PM   
JohnO

Yes, thank you sir!

Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

(in reply to Tazak)
Post #: 34
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/10/2014 5:42:25 PM   
z1812

That' good news!

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 35
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/10/2014 6:03:05 PM   
daferg

I will consider this the best Valentines Day gift I have ever received.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 36
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/11/2014 12:57:56 AM   
CapnDarwin

Ok we are getting the files put together for Matrix for the 2.03 update as I type! We will keep you posted.

(in reply to daferg)
Post #: 37
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/11/2014 1:53:30 PM   
Mad Russian

Scenario generation has now officially resumed!

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 38
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/11/2014 6:14:43 PM   
Enigma6584

I've got goosebumps.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 39
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/11/2014 6:46:02 PM   
cbelva

We don't have any control over Matrix's schedule, but you might want to put your wife/girlfriend on notice that you will be busy Friday night

< Message edited by cbelva -- 2/11/2014 7:46:33 PM >

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 40
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/11/2014 7:16:47 PM   
JohnO

quote:

ORIGINAL: cbelva

We don't have any control over Matrix's schedule, but you might want to put your wife/girlfriend on notice that you will be busy Friday night

You know that's not going to go well with some one who is addicted to the game, and that is valentine day. wife not going to like that

Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 41
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/11/2014 8:04:21 PM   
Combatengineerjrgmail

Will the game patch and the Moding Docs\Hexdraw textures come out on the same day or are they independent?

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 42
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/11/2014 9:55:31 PM   
CapnDarwin

Independent, but we are trying to get them close.

(in reply to Combatengineerjrgmail)
Post #: 43
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/12/2014 12:39:25 AM   
Combatengineerjrgmail

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Independent, but we are trying to get them close.

Close is good, it has a chance of being first..... :)

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 44
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/12/2014 8:00:03 PM   
CapnDarwin

Just to update the crew here:

We sent a new build up to Matrix last night to fix a couple issue with missing files. We should see the update maybe tomorrow but more likely Valentines day. Can you feel the love or possibly the burning stare through the back of your head from your significant other?

HexDraw map files and templates were updated last night and zipped up to go along with Mod Guides 1 and 3. Working Guide 2 tonight and should be posting to Matrix tomorrow evening. These files should hit the public FTP/Members Club Friday as well.

So run out and get flowers, chocolates and a card right now, take your lady out for dinner tonight to "surprise her" and leave your Friday free.

Post #: 45
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/12/2014 8:27:20 PM   
Tazak

Already cleared my weekend, brought up the idea of skipping valentines day and got a wok thrown at my head for my trouble

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 46
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/12/2014 9:00:53 PM   
JohnO

quote:

Just to update the crew here:

We sent a new build up to Matrix last night to fix a couple issue with missing files. We should see the update maybe tomorrow but more likely Valentines day. Can you feel the love or possibly the burning stare through the back of your head from your significant other?

HexDraw map files and templates were updated last night and zipped up to go along with Mod Guides 1 and 3. Working Guide 2 tonight and should be posting to Matrix tomorrow evening. These files should hit the public FTP/Members Club Friday as well.

So run out and get flowers, chocolates and a card right now, take your lady out for dinner tonight to "surprise her" and leave your Friday free.

I guess I can go ahead and sign the dam divorce papers great news though, can't wait for this weekend. I'm assuming that we can make custom unit counters from this update patch?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 47
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/12/2014 9:54:56 PM   
CapnDarwin

John, yes you can make custom counter backgrounds.

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 48
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/13/2014 1:09:43 PM   
Werewolf13

Dumb question but are you saying the update process won't update the docs/mod stuff and to get that one must go to the member's section and do a manual download?

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 49
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/13/2014 1:56:48 PM   
cbelva

As they say, no dumb questions. The mod docs were not included in the patch because they had not been completed. Capn D has been working hard trying to get them ready, but illness and other demands kept him for completing them in time. He is hoping to have them ready shortly after the patch is released. That is why you will have to grab them in the member's section when they are ready. I believe he is working on the last one as we speak so hopefully they will be ready shortly.

(in reply to Werewolf13)
Post #: 50
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/13/2014 4:04:56 PM   
CapnDarwin

Charles is on the right track and there are some other reasons for breaking those guides and files off separate. The map art and templets for hexdraw are in a zip file and need to be unzipped in the hexdraw folder. So you must own hexdraw for these items to be of any use and if you are not doing OTS style maps then you don't need the zip file. Although the guides can be accessed by the menu in the game, I wanted to have the guides in a much easier place to get to both for players and for the dev team. Getting files to the public FTP is a quick thing for Matrix to do versus building installers. This's gives us the freedom to update these materials and post them easier to you guys.

Hope that helps explain the two paths. This flu bug is kicking my backside and my brain is not at 100%.

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 51
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 1:48:50 AM   
IronManBeta

Just so everyone knows the latest -
- on our Monday conference call we agreed that 2.03 was ready to release at last. I uploaded the bits to Matrix that night for them to roll into an official update file.
- on Tuesday Matrix pointed out a documentation bug. Ouch! Fixed it and sent a new release candidate Tuesday night.
- Wednesday Matrix worked on creating a cumulative update to cover everything since 2.00
- Thursday I tested the cumulative release file and discovered that several of the files were not completely up to date - my bad - and I apologize to everyone. I uploaded a new release candidate to them tonight.
- the next step is for Matrix to rebuild the cumulative update with the new files and send me another update to test. Assuming that one is good then it will get the green light to go out the door and you will all have it very quickly after that. No, I can't predict the exact day it will come out...

I'm really excited to get this major improvement of the game out and I can hardly wait to get your feedback. We have done a lot of polishing and tweaking to improve the experience in a number of ways. My only regret is that it took so long to get ready.

Thanks for your patience everyone and happy Flashpointing when the release comes.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 52
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 8:54:17 AM   
MikeGER

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertCrandall
.... and discovered that several of the files were not completely up to date - my bad - and I apologize to everyone. I uploaded a new release candidate to them tonight.

" Matrix do not concern me, Admiral. I want that patch , not excuses. "

< Message edited by MikeGER -- 2/14/2014 10:10:16 AM >

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 53
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 1:45:35 PM   
JohnO

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertCrandall

Just so everyone knows the latest -
- on our Monday conference call we agreed that 2.03 was ready to release at last. I uploaded the bits to Matrix that night for them to roll into an official update file.
- on Tuesday Matrix pointed out a documentation bug. Ouch! Fixed it and sent a new release candidate Tuesday night.
- Wednesday Matrix worked on creating a cumulative update to cover everything since 2.00
- Thursday I tested the cumulative release file and discovered that several of the files were not completely up to date - my bad - and I apologize to everyone. I uploaded a new release candidate to them tonight.
- the next step is for Matrix to rebuild the cumulative update with the new files and send me another update to test. Assuming that one is good then it will get the green light to go out the door and you will all have it very quickly after that. No, I can't predict the exact day it will come out...

I'm really excited to get this major improvement of the game out and I can hardly wait to get your feedback. We have done a lot of polishing and tweaking to improve the experience in a number of ways. My only regret is that it took so long to get ready.

Thanks for your patience everyone and happy Flashpointing when the release comes.

I only got one thing to say

No really, it may save my marriage after all if it is not ready until after Valentine Day. Just joking guys. When its ready, its ready.

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 54
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 2:29:29 PM   
cbelva

What happened was that we started getting a mountain of hate mail from your wives/girlfriends. Some were quite nasty and threatening. Rob was advised that he might have to go into the witness protection program if the patch was released today.

Seriously, we are just as disappointed as you guys that the patch didn't get released this week. It is on us and not Matrix. We deserve every lump we get.

(in reply to JohnO)
Post #: 55
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 3:40:42 PM   
Combatengineerjrgmail

Any chance the modding guide and hexdraw textures could still make it out?

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 56
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 4:02:36 PM   
CapnDarwin

Combatengineerjr, yes that is possible. I will keep an eye on progress. Once they go up I will let everyone know.

Post #: 57
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 4:13:06 PM   
Combatengineerjrgmail

quote:

Combatengineerjr, yes that is possible. I will keep an eye on progress. Once they go up I will let everyone know.

Thanks, I'm actually the most interested in the Scenario creation and map making right now. Lacking ANY artistic ability whatsoever I'm dependant on Hexdraw. The textures that come with it just don't do it. So you guys are the whole shebang for me and map making. Thanks for your patience with my constant questions on the textures.

< Message edited by combatengineerjr -- 2/14/2014 5:13:45 PM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 58
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 4:54:38 PM   
MikeGER

to: Matrix installer building department inside the DeathStar ...there are areas on the globe were the Saturday is considered a working day
(especially if there were some hick-up in a product production-line.... and the Emperor(JDM;)) is about to visit...)

there is nothing wrong for a customer to start the day after famous Valentines Day
...with a light hangover, a grin in the face carrying over from the eve (NSFW), booting up the PC and finding a nice surprise when hitting the "check for updates" button
or a link to a google-drive folder in a forum just like seen at COMANO does

< Message edited by MikeGER -- 2/14/2014 6:16:16 PM >

Post #: 59
RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... - 2/14/2014 6:44:43 PM   
budd

^ what he said

seems like im going to be o-fer 2 this weekend, with campaign series and flashpoint patches delayed until next week........Damn

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to MikeGER)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> RE: Update on 2.03 for the masses... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI