Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Countdown to Infamy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Countdown to Infamy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Countdown to Infamy - 2/2/2014 7:36:16 AM   
bdr.mallette

Hello,

It's been awhile for sure.
Work, girlfriend, travel, Lasvegas has kept me busy..... bloody 'ell.
I have missed being here and having fun playing, creating and chatting.

I have done a wee update for a scenario that was designed for Century of Warfare.
"Countdown to Infamy"

The files that I have added will consist of the converted scenario and the equipment database that goes
with the scenario.
I have play tested it a tiny bit and it seems to work okay.
I will be making updates to the scenario itself, adding forces, editing and fine tuning the naval combat.
It was working far better with the small changes I made so far.

The new equipment consists of;

Ship hulls: BB with hull defense of 10...... but each battleship assigned 99 units = 990 total defense points for a BB.
Heavy cruiser hull defense of 8 ........ but numbers assigned depending on ship
etc.....

Turrets: representing 18"guns thru to 5" guns. Increased their range(unrealistically) so they may bombard from 2 hexes away to minimize unrealistic damage
to AAA aboard the ships during ground assaults.
(This has minimized the heavy losses to the ships during land assaults and ship to ship battles
relying now on having to return to port because you have no guns left or you only have 10 hull points left)

AAA: now used more efficiently for air defence rather than getting pummeled by infantry squads and tanks from shore, which would be highly unlikely)

I will begin to fully test the anti-sub, torpedoes, hedgehogs, Air strength(anti-ship capabilities), land bases, airbases(amount of aircraft able to land)
PBY's, torpedo boats.

Factory defence seems a bit tough to knock out so far but.... small adjustments should take care of it.

If anybody has any comments or suggestions, I know it's been awhile and probably unplayed but gimme a heads up and I'll get to work on it.

link to files eh!;

the files are at the Gamesquad forums for scenario development in the operational art of war3 forum.

Thanks for reading eh!

Jason Mallette

Ubique Quofas et Gloria Ducunt
Post #: 1
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/2/2014 10:51:31 AM   
Sensei.Tokugawa

Hi Jason

As a matter of fact the scenario title looks familiar to me, but once I downloaded from the Rugged Defence and had a look at the previous COW version I am pretty sure now I have never seen that, maybe it's because most of the time I had not been into division sized strategic scenarios before the latest version of Europe Aflame (2013)made me change my mind. All I can say is that I am impressed and excited after a couple of years of studying and fighting in the WWII Pacific theatre. I even once started playing a scenario off Paradox Games "HOI 2" covering the Japanese conquest in the pacific, but dropped that for several reasons, one of the main one being I have started wargaming in the PBEM mode.

Getting that onto the top of my priority list and sure will give it a go once You're done so I may help playtesting or something, whatever - I am currently PBEMing Your "Vietnam 1965 - 68" as the MACV and I won that last year as COSVN.

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to bdr.mallette)
Post #: 2
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/9/2014 4:30:07 PM   
bdr.mallette

hELLO,

I have been doing a lot of small fixes to the scenario as well as editing the briefing to be more helpful.
I remember now that I had rushed a few things to try and get it ready for the release of toaw3....didn't make it.....lol

lotsa small changes then it will be a complete scenario.
Naval units doing well so far in the testing.
equipment DB doing well and no problems as of yet.....

bdr.

(in reply to Sensei.Tokugawa)
Post #: 3
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/16/2014 11:10:54 PM   
larryfulkerson

No offense intended by this remark but .........I would have already downloaded it and be playing
it as we speak except for the fact that it uses a modified EXE.

EDIT: And you gotta go to Gamesquad to get it. Some of us aren't registered over there.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 2/22/2014 7:28:03 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/17/2014 4:22:42 AM   
bdr.mallette

HEY,
THANKS LARRY....
I KNOW... BUT IT'S A QUICK COPY ONCE .... THEN A RENAME OF 1 FILE..... IUNNO..... I THINK ITS WORTH IT....BUT IT IS RATHER BIG TO PLAY.
OOOPS....CAP locks......

bdr.mallette

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 5
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/22/2014 7:00:27 AM   
larryfulkerson

OK.......I bit the bullet and downloaded the newest version from Gamesquad and I'll be dad gum if
Infamy can't find it's equipment file. It always loads the wrong one ( the default one ).

EDIT: I finally read the readme.rtf and found out that you expect the players to manhandle the default equipment file's name
just to get Infamy to be able to read it's equipment file. That's the lazy way to do it. I'd like to see the equipment file
be read from it's directory in the graphics directory, like all other well behaved scenarios.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 2/22/2014 8:07:47 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/22/2014 8:43:31 PM   
bdr.mallette

Hey Larry,

Hope you got it to work anyhoo.
I had explained earlier then sumbody else commented, I had only named it that way to begin with to allow users to name it whatever...whenever....
It's an easy fix one time only, just rename it "Countdown to Infamy for TOAW3.eqp" so it is associated with the scenario, sort of like the norm for the game engine. I just assumed ppl would know that, usually they do but I guess even the odd person still has to read the shampoo bottle. heheh

bdr.mallette

Post #: 7
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/22/2014 9:56:52 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: bdr.mallette
Hey Larry,
Hope you got it to work anyhoo.

Yes I did. And yes it did work but it was unavailable for my other scenarios afterward. That's the problem.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bdr.mallette
I had explained earlier then sumbody else commented, I had only named it that way to begin with to allow users to name it whatever...whenever....
It's an easy fix one time only, just rename it "Countdown to Infamy for TOAW3.eqp" so it is associated with the scenario, sort of like the norm for the game engine. I just assumed ppl would know that, usually they do but I guess even the odd person still has to read the shampoo bottle. heheh

bdr.mallette

Yes it's a quick fix and does work it just that the default equipment file comes w/ a warning to stay hands off it. You're not supposed
to change the default equipment file's name or contents. It doesn't belong to you and every other scenario that uses it depends on
it being there and having the contents they expect. The correct fix for your scenario would be for it to read it's equipment file like all
the other well behaved scenario's.

Post #: 8
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/23/2014 6:54:36 PM   
bdr.mallette

hello,
I changed the files so that all names are similar...briefing and equipment file are tied exclusively to the scenario.
I grew up using windows 3.11 and dos..... changing files and chit like that is second nature....

bdr.

btw, a little fascist on the use of files don't you think?
you say you've never changed your config.sys and autoexec.bat files to create ram drives et al....?
that's the main difference between mac and pc.... the ability to manipulate.... if a complete moron wants to go and change all his data in the files, nobody loses out but him...because he's not compatible anymore...unless sum other numbskull does the exact same thing.
then ya gots 2 numbskulls.... then 4 then 8.... lol.....

anyhoo....
don't worry bout it.

< Message edited by bdr.mallette -- 2/23/2014 8:01:24 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Countdown to Infamy - 2/23/2014 7:01:11 PM   
larryfulkerson

Thank you for making those changes. I appologize if I seemed strident.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Countdown to Infamy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI