Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

West Front Crash with 2.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> West Front Crash with 2.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
West Front Crash with 2.0 - 2/24/2014 3:19:26 PM   
USScoralsea

When placing the SS bicycle platoon from the Italian OOB on the map the West Front game crashes. Maybe the same problem as East Front with the Russian M15A1 MGMC 37mm AA Halftrack.

Is there a fix for this or will there be a patch to correct these platoons?

I found some other minor items in East Front.

The Pontoon Ferry in the Hungarian OOB appears on map as the German SPW250/8 75mm Howitzer Halftrack.

The Russian ZIS-5 AT Truck appears as a regular Russian Truck, no AT weaponon it.

The German SDKFZ 3 (MTW) has a graphics glitch, white spots around the vehicle.

The Russian T-46 light tank does not get a "highlight" line around it when selected.

I could use some help trying to answer this question. I would love to be able to move a few platoons, like the German Swimmwagen, from the West Front OOB into the East Front OOB. I was told in an old post that this might be possible in the 2.00 update. The info I have seen so far in this forum about -X encription seems to me to be able to modify a platoon, not move it. If platoons can be moved I would need instructions on how to do it. After playing the game for almost 14 years, still my favorite, I create scenarios and play against the A/I only.

Many THANKS to all those who worked so long and hard to keep this game the BEST!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: West Front Crash with 2.0 - 2/24/2014 4:49:22 PM   
Crossroads

Thank you for bringing these to our attention.

Yes, the missing Italian SS Bicycle (Unit ID P02230) platoon unit bitmap was reported to us earlier as well, and it would cause the game to exit. If you look at the Engine.log immediately after such exit you should notice the last lines reporting the file as not found. Could you please confirm this is the case.

We are in the process of coming up with a mechanism for having Data Patches available to users even before the next Game Patch will be made public. These Data Patches will address the missing unit files and unit data errata fixes. More on this in the coming days.

Meanwhile, may I suggest a temporim fix by

1) locating the Italian SS Grenadier unit bitmap files Up02225.bmp (unit graphic) and Op02225.bit (outline graphic), in your \West Front folder
2) copying them into a temporim folder, and
3) renaming the copies as Up02230.bmp and Op02230.bit, respectively, and placing them to \West Front folder.

Then you would have these units available with Italian SS Grenadier bitmaps until a Data Patch becomes available.

Hope this helps.

Edit: typos

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 2/24/2014 5:53:47 PM >

(in reply to USScoralsea)
Post #: 2
RE: West Front Crash with 2.0 - 2/24/2014 8:29:50 PM   
Warhorse

Sorry guys, never even got to EF or RS yet!! Just finishing up WF right now with the 2D project. Thanks for the observations!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> West Front Crash with 2.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI