Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No-Yes-No for R&D ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> No-Yes-No for R&D ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 2/28/2014 8:01:07 AM   
seille

First, i´m playing 23q Beta and scenario 2 as Japan in a PBEM (mid may 1943 currently)

I had a R&D project running. The D4Y3 Judy. R&D progress moved the plane to 06/43 with only few percents left
to move it forward to the current month (05/43). So i changed the setting for ALL D4Y3-facs to NO-YES-NO in the hope the factories
will finish their job, but don´t turn into production.
Sadly this did not work. The factories turned into production when the R&D project moved into the current month.

NO-YES-NO seem to be not longer working, at least in my case and you have to move the facs forward BEFORE the fac turns into a production site.

Maybe the whole thing works when the factory is not moved forward in the current month. However it is annoying.

Maybe a bug, maybe wad. Only MichaelM can tell.
Post #: 1
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 2/28/2014 10:41:03 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: seille

First, i´m playing 23q Beta and scenario 2 as Japan in a PBEM (mid may 1943 currently)

I had a R&D project running. The D4Y3 Judy. R&D progress moved the plane to 06/43 with only few percents left
to move it forward to the current month (05/43). So i changed the setting for ALL D4Y3-facs to NO-YES-NO in the hope the factories
Sadly this did not work. The factories turned into production when the R&D project moved into the current month.

NO-YES-NO seem to be not longer working, at least in my case and you have to move the facs forward BEFORE the fac turns into a production site.

Maybe the whole thing works when the factory is not moved forward in the current month. However it is annoying.

ouch, if this will happen to all my R&D soon then I am really screwed in my PBEM

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 2
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 2/28/2014 11:56:56 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

Is there a save just prior to this (as in the combat replay, or Allied save) to play out to see what happens?

Michael

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 3
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 2/28/2014 4:46:26 PM   
obvert

quote:

You can change them back on the 1st day of the month and I seem to remember even doing it a day or two later. It is a pain though. This setting doesn't work to keep them from turning to production. So regardless, check every 1st f the month. They'll be blue in the production side and you can change them back to R n D as long as they're still blue.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 4
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 2/28/2014 11:50:19 PM   
michaelm75au

As soon as a plane is produced that was on R&D, then the R&D becomes 'production'. And it applies to ALL factories for that plane.

Michael

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 5
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 3/1/2014 5:02:02 AM   
seille

@Michael

We had this discussion already a while ago and i followed your suggestion to set ALL my R&D facs for this project to NO-YES-NO before it turned into production.

When you enter a month the R&D project goes online with that setup you have usually at least some days to change the project to a new one.
In my case the situation was different. The R&D project hit the 100% and was forwarded into the current month. Here things seem to work different.
Plane switched into production immediately and i had no chance to change to another R&D project. In my case i wanted the 800Kg-Judy.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 6
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 3/1/2014 5:11:14 AM   
seille

@Castor

What should i have done ?

I should have changed my facs to the 800Kg-Judy before i hit the 100% and forward the current project into the actual game month.
That way i would have started production of D4Y3 in 06/43 instead of mid may.
Sadly i did not do and trusted in the NO-YES-NO setting.

@MichaelM
I did not produce and D4Y3, but if i remember right a air group arrived with the planes and i changed them back to D4Y1.
Hope this doen´t count as production....

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 7
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 3/1/2014 5:52:25 AM   
michaelm75au

The pool for the plane already has planes in it (18). Thus as far as the code is concerned, it has produced some planes and thus the switch happens.

Michael

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 8
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 3/1/2014 6:11:20 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

The pool for the plane already has planes in it (18). Thus as far as the code is concerned, it has produced some planes and thus the switch happens.

Ah ha. That's interesting to know.

Post #: 9
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 3/1/2014 7:48:56 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

Ah ha. That's interesting to know.

Happen to me also but this little titbit would possibly explain why. It is a pity that the switches don't do what they say on the tin.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 10
RE: No-Yes-No for R&D ? - 3/2/2014 6:36:44 AM   
seille

quote:

Really sad. I hoped that i did it right this time. Never expected that planes in pool = produced planes.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> No-Yes-No for R&D ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI