Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: India again??...why always me?!!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: India again??...why always me?!!? Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 2/28/2014 1:28:21 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wargmr

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

yeah, real life they didn't have the aircraft, they didn't have the airfields and they didn't have the support. Let me see... in the game, I get the aircraft, I get the airfields (not hard at all to build them if
you choose the right place) and if I build large enough airfields I also get enough support. Ok, where's the trade off?

Do you want to win the game more quickly? The tradeoff is playability. If the Japanese have no ships, no planes and no armies in 44, what is the point of finishing the game??

Would you consider it fun just sitting around while all your airfields get bombarded due to lack of planes and a complete inability to move shipping due to air threat??

Until a well played game cannot be won by the allies consistently I dont really see what the balance issue is. It is a GAME, not a simulation. Nobody would want to play if the Allies dominated all theatres for 3 years of war.

I am a fanboy? Really? Cool beans

(in reply to Mike McCreery)
Post #: 301
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 2/28/2014 6:55:05 PM   
Mike McCreery

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wargmr

quote:

yeah, real life they didn't have the aircraft, they didn't have the airfields and they didn't have the support. Let me see... in the game, I get the aircraft, I get the airfields (not hard at all to build them if
you choose the right place) and if I build large enough airfields I also get enough support. Ok, where's the trade off?

Do you want to win the game more quickly? The tradeoff is playability. If the Japanese have no ships, no planes and no armies in 44, what is the point of finishing the game??

Would you consider it fun just sitting around while all your airfields get bombarded due to lack of planes and a complete inability to move shipping due to air threat??

Until a well played game cannot be won by the allies consistently I dont really see what the balance issue is. It is a GAME, not a simulation. Nobody would want to play if the Allies dominated all theatres for 3 years of war.

I am a fanboy? Really? Cool beans

Your sig pic says Taiho class fanboy...

Pardon me if it is an improper assumption...

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 302
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 2:52:14 PM   
GreyJoy

After another huge defeat, Mr.Kane offered to abort the 2nd mnvr band altitude HR... i kindly accepted, even if i feel a bit ashamed to ask for a change...just like a sissy :-(
However, as soon as it changed, my CAp started to perform better... P-51Ds started to achieve something at 41K... i do not like much this race to the stratosphere...but at least now the allies can stand a fight

The enemy keeps on sweeping my bases... now also the Shidens are online at Java...ouch :-/
He's getting a 1-1 kill ratio, no matter what i do.

Anyway... 14th December 1944.. The allies are stuck again. We landed at Merak with a full army (2 Divisions, 2 Tank Bn, 2 eng units and several artilleries)... just to found that Batavia is held by 4 full divisions... and several high forts... impossible to take :-(
We bombed it by sea with everything we have (BBs, CAs, DDs etc...)...nothing wroked
So i tried to change strategy... 2 more divisions moved from Merak to Buitenzorg...hoping to flank Batavia...
Again we found 2 full divisions, behind 5 forts and in mountain terrain... got a 1-7 at first DA and not a single fort went down... (bombed them with 3 Bombardment TFs and with 150 B29s...didn't work)

So i tried to change again... another army landed South of Java with the full support of my CV Fleet... Sosarbaja was bombed... but, despite the presence of 10 DMSs, we've lost 10 DDs due to sub-laid mines and 1 CA got badly damaged...
All his AFs are now in the interior, far from the shorelines... full of SAMs, Shidens and Franks... can't hope to get them

He doesn't seem to have any kind of problem with supplies...and i don't understand how this could be. I remember in mafrch 1944 i had shortage of supplies everywhere on map... while he never, ever, gets a (-) modifier...

I'm really getting spanked and outplayed...and it's not a matter of japanese R&D... it just seems Mr.Kane is a far better player than me in every aspect of the game

(in reply to Mike McCreery)
Post #: 303
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 3:44:37 PM   
JocMeister

Hang in there GJ. He canīt have an infinite numbers of IDs. There is probably is a hole somewhere and you just need to find it. Its just impossible for him to cover all approaches. Fire up witpsqs intel monkey and start going through locations. I found no less then three big holes in the Japanese perimeter using the tool. Its fantastic!

Have you looked at Hokkaido? He will only have 2-3 IDs starting there so in order to cover it he will need unrestricted troops there. Its a good chance its not properly guarded. How about the Kuriles?

You havnīt posted any maps in a while but if you are banging your head against a wall in Java why not try somewhere else? In all honestly being on Java in the beginning of 45 isnīt going to win you the war. Its a long way to get within B29 range of the HI. You need to get there fast. Slogging it out on Java is probably exactly what he wants to do. Bypass it. Do a GreyJoy!

That being said I know the frustration of going up against a skilled opponent with a working industry. Its tough going but once the break occurs it does so with a loud bang.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 304
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 4:00:28 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Hang in there GJ. He canīt have an infinite numbers of IDs. There is probably is a hole somewhere and you just need to find it. Its just impossible for him to cover all approaches. Fire up witpsqs intel monkey and start going through locations. I found no less then three big holes in the Japanese perimeter using the tool. Its fantastic!

Have you looked at Hokkaido? He will only have 2-3 IDs starting there so in order to cover it he will need unrestricted troops there. Its a good chance its not properly guarded. How about the Kuriles?

You havnīt posted any maps in a while but if you are banging your head against a wall in Java why not try somewhere else? In all honestly being on Java in the beginning of 45 isnīt going to win you the war. Its a long way to get within B29 range of the HI. You need to get there fast. Slogging it out on Java is probably exactly what he wants to do. Bypass it. Do a GreyJoy!

That being said I know the frustration of going up against a skilled opponent with a working industry. Its tough going but once the break occurs it does so with a loud bang.

Thanks Joc,

But i've been taking a deep look at his disposition using the allied intel... Hokkaido and the Kuriles are very well defended.
Luzon is full of divisions and units and the Mariannas are all built up to their max, with a division each, heavy guns everywhere and for sure 6+ forts everywhere.

He has now abbandoned Burma... 250K men are now guardin the thailand perimeter.... He has holes for sure, but none that i can easily exploit. He has bought out many divisions from china and manchukoku... He doesnt defend everything...but defends the very right places...so i simply cannot skip and moven over...not with a KB fully operational....
His heavy flak, along with very high forts, prevent me of using 4Es to suppress his AF....
This match is already lost strategically. I have no chance to get anywhere close to HI by the VD... So i'll simply keep on playing it with a deep role playing mind...i will try to avoid any major defeat and preservethe life of my men, sailors and aviators...just like it was RL...
Mr.Kane has deserved this victory since the very first day, so hats off to him.

The allies need Java if they want to advance further...i need big ports with some naval shipyard if i want to move deeper into the SRA... Considering Singapore i not conquerable, nor closable.... Sosarbaja and Batavia are my only choices...

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 305
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 4:01:29 PM   
GreyJoy

Java now has at least 7/8 divisions....with some heavy forts everywhere...and with SL this means very tough life for the allies

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 306
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 4:11:55 PM   
JocMeister

If its any help I have found that you can do very well without big ports using lots of Naval Support. I can unload a full 100 ship xAK TF at Naha (level 6) in 2-3 days. Donīt know if you get the Amphibs BDEs in DBB though? The ones with 200 NavSupport? Iīve gotten 4 of them so far. They are golden.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 307
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 4:15:29 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

If its any help I have found that you can do very well without big ports using lots of Naval Support. I can unload a full 100 ship xAK TF at Naha (level 6) in 2-3 days. Donīt know if you get the Amphibs BDEs in DBB though? The ones with 200 NavSupport? Iīve gotten 4 of them so far. They are golden.

Probelm is not loading/unloading...i have so much naval support i don't know what to do with it...probelm is the shipyards...the closest one is at Colombo and it's too small and already full of repairing ships....in the last year i've had nearly 130 ships damaged by mines ...especially CRuisers and DDs...and i badly need them to advance....now if a ship gets damaged it's more or less out of the war for many months due to the travel time to the closest empty shipyard

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 308
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 4:18:01 PM   
witpqs

Just tooling around my current Babes game looking for potential level 6 and 7 ports that might help you... Davao, Brunei, Darwin, Hollandia all make size 6. Manus and Truk make 7. There might be others that I haven't noticed yet.

I've found that size 6 and 7 ports help a lot. If you build the port up, stuff it with naval support, a command HQ, a bunch of ARD, AR, AE, AKE then it can do wonders. I'm not sure if naval HQ help or not. Obviously not the same as a larger port or a port with a sizable shipyard, but it does a lot and might be enough to help you capture something bigger.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 309
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 4:29:42 PM   
ny59giants

In DBB, I team up the Naval Support, one ARD with one AR, and in a decent size port (5). I have an Essex Class CV in one of those 55k capacity ARDs vs having to send it all the way back to Pearl.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 310
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 5:12:06 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

quote:

Thanks Joc,

But i've been taking a deep look at his disposition using the allied intel... Hokkaido and the Kuriles are very well defended.
Luzon is full of divisions and units and the Mariannas are all built up to their max, with a division each, heavy guns everywhere and for sure 6+ forts everywhere.

He has now abbandoned Burma... 250K men are now guardin the thailand perimeter.... He has holes for sure, but none that i can easily exploit. He has bought out many divisions from china and manchukoku... He doesnt defend everything...but defends the very right places...so i simply cannot skip and moven over...not with a KB fully operational....
His heavy flak, along with very high forts, prevent me of using 4Es to suppress his AF....
This match is already lost strategically. I have no chance to get anywhere close to HI by the VD... So i'll simply keep on playing it with a deep role playing mind...i will try to avoid any major defeat and preservethe life of my men, sailors and aviators...just like it was RL...
Mr.Kane has deserved this victory since the very first day, so hats off to him.

The allies need Java if they want to advance further...i need big ports with some naval shipyard if i want to move deeper into the SRA... Considering Singapore i not conquerable, nor closable.... Sosarbaja and Batavia are my only choices...

You can break those airfields open. It'll take a while, but he cannot rotate out units as fast as you can due to supply. Although you don't see it, the problems can be right there in front of you. Just work on one at a time, and if you notice he start moving planes from other fields as the groups there break down (from service 3, lack of support, low supply to replenish) then hit the fields behind where he's taken them from.

I know it's not easy to pound against a wall of aircraft pushed 1 year forward in massive numbers, but you're very creative and you'll find a way through. Once it breaks it will break quickly, and supply WILL be a problem once the fuel starts to be limited to produce HI. If he's dug all of these forts everywhere, it has cost a lot, and to run those planes, armies and everything continuously, it will break down.

Even if you have to use 'volunteer' troops, you should have enough now to open another front, even without the hope of succeeding there. Simply to make him react.

Keep at it!

< Message edited by obvert -- 3/2/2014 6:12:48 PM >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 311
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 7:51:42 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

In DBB, I team up the Naval Support, one ARD with one AR, and in a decent size port (5). I have an Essex Class CV in one of those 55k capacity ARDs vs having to send it all the way back to Pearl.

Witps and Micheal, i am using port hedland and Sabang for those situations as u describe. Lots of ARs and ARDs but badly damaged ships simply do not repair fast enough there. I'm possibly being too cautious but i tend to use ships only when they have a sys damage below 10 and flt. Damage below 10... Also the fact that my entire campaign is being postioned in the west ceates a lot of problems cause there aren' many decent size yards not even in Oz or in India.... CT is not that good either!

Anyway, i keep on pushing, tryong to find different solutions for different problems.

Erik, yes i can shut down a single AF if i concentrate, but losses are brutal and my pools are always dry. Already dried the P47 pool and the B29 one is always at 0.... Moreover most of my good fighters need to stay on CAP duties to defend my own airspace, so the ability to attack his air space is pretty much close to zero.

I will try to break at Sosarbaja now. Let's see what can i do....cause in the Celebes i'm already stuck with no hope of advancing...my USMCs cannot even take Kendari against a single japanese ID without any big artillery in support

In malaya we're stuck... At Palembang we're stuck.... Only i Java i still have some hopes....

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 312
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/2/2014 8:17:18 PM   
obvert

Supply is the key!

All of this feels a bit like the moments against rader just before you suddenly posted a shot of the Kuriles!

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 313
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 7:54:15 AM   
GreyJoy

Supplies do not seem to be the key against mr.Kane Erik!

However we're seeing some lights.

Dec 20th, 1944

The allies are applying lot of pressure on Java, closing it in a pinch.
As you know, we've landed at Merak in November 44, and that action forced mrKane to rail north his divisions guarding the south of Java. 6 Japanese Divisions are defending Batavia and Buiznerog (sp!?) against 5 allied divisions
That opened up an opportunity. Even if I didn't have any prepped troops, I decided to go for it. Paras conquered two empty bases south of Sosarbaja and a series of amphib TFs unloaded the very next day 2 allied divisions (the 6th and the 33rd US IDs) that immediately marched towards Sosarbaja.
My units in the north were pinning down the enemy, so he could not rail them back...Despite the presence at medioen of a strong Japanese AF (full of modern fighters and bombers), our TFs unloaded safely, thanks to the role of the allied main CV fleet. Our CVs acted as a bait, sucking up all the incoming air attacks from Medioen...several Judy and Grace attacks were feinted off and now my 2 divisions reached Sosarbaja.
My minesweepers finally did their job, cleaning more than 300 mines (after the loss of 8 allied DDs )..and the bombardment runs could go in...
The Japs only had 1 division there...the 103rd... which is the seventh division spotted in Java!!!.... the first attack, supported by 300 bombers from the DS, found 7 forts...but got a 1-1!...thanks to the clear terrain...
I think we'll be able to get Sosarbaja...and once this key base is taken I could re-allocate my logistic...and move over... I don't really need Batavia if I have Sosarbaja... and 7 divisions stuck in Java will mean a lot less opposition in Borneo

Rangoon has been abandoned and the japs retired to Moulmein line.

Takaran has been left empty by his air force...and our 4Es paid a visit, destroying the oil fields there...now the only accessible source of oil in the DEI is Miri-Brunei, which has not more than 110/150 working fields...not much!
Balikapan is still active, but the last convoy has been forced to retreat without sucking a single sip of oil/fuel from there...too close to Makassar and to my DDs stationing there.
As far as I can tell Japan must be very short of oil and fuel by now. Palembang is sieged and isolated since august 44... now Java is besieged with no hope of relief...Tarakan is down and Balikapan cannot be used anymore as a safe port... I hope this "economic war" will pay some dividends sooner or later...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 314
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 7:54:41 AM   
GreyJoy

Java

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 315
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 7:55:06 AM   
GreyJoy

Malaya

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 316
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 7:59:26 AM   
GreyJoy

Sumatra

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 317
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 8:03:25 AM   
obvert

Nice work on Java. So. With the amount of action he's been involved in, and the reduction in shipments you've caused already, I'd doubt if he has 3-4 months after shipments from the DEI stop for good.

Having Soerabaja puts virtually everything left in range, right? Wouldn't hurt to start taking out DEI HI/LI as well. Saigon, Bangkok, Batavia, etc.

So all of this means a reduction of a huge amount of supply production soon. If it is true, and he is the player he's shown himself to be so far, that means he'll likely see that he has to pull back, conserve, prepare for the end. If he doesn't, well, you'll know fairly soon!

PS - Once you jump to Borneo and get Singkawang/Kuching, the transit is almost closed anyway.

< Message edited by obvert -- 3/3/2014 9:06:47 AM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 318
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 8:07:14 AM   
JocMeister

Nice work! I havnīt looked the 103rd up but in general the IDs with a higher number then 100 are usually pretty weak. Low EXP and a light TOE. Can you jump North towards the Moluccas? You will need the Philippines sooner rather then later.

Where are the rest of your LCUs? With 8-10 on Java/Celebes you should have some 30 to spare? I assume a lot are in Burma. Might be time to start pulling some of them out?

Have you hit his LI/HI anything? Supply SHOULD be an issue by now as Erik says.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 319
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 8:13:22 AM   
obvert

Also. I haven't seen mention of China since the Burma road was opened. If they have supply ...

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 320
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 8:26:03 AM   
GreyJoy

The HI/LI is in range, sure, but it's well protected by fighters and AA (as far as I can tell from the intel).
This means I cannot do anything...not at an acceptable cost at least.
Having 100 Shidens and KI83s on CAP is enough to prevent any long range mission of the 4Es. You know that Joc.
My fighters are too busy protecting my AFs to be able to also do long range sweeps. Also my pools are not looking good as you may understand.

30 divisions Joc? Not at all... I have 12 divisions stuck in Malaya, unable to move any further. More or less in a defensive position... 10 more are in Burma...
I have 10 more divisions between Makassar, Kendari and Koepang... waiting for the next advance... but the next advance will be bloody. Kendari cannot be conquered... I have not enough units prepped for it... I have a whole army prepped for Balikapan (defended by 3 Japanese IDs and lots of AAs) and another army prepped for Menado... but that's pretty far from my closest base...I thought I could take Kendari in order to support the advance towards Mindanao...but I don't think I can anymore.
We'll need the full DS to move up there and that will trigger the KB intervention...which is still as strong as our DS...intact... I cannot accept a battle right now... I'll lose the initiative even if I get a draw... been unlucky with the previous CV battles in 1943 and early 1944 and there I lost the chances to really change the balance.

Let's not look at the clock guys. I'll keep on playing as if there was not any "ending date"

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 321
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 8:29:50 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

Also. I haven't seen mention of China since the Burma road was opened. If they have supply ...

In DBB India doesn't produce enough supplies to feed a complete Burma campaign..let alone China.
The Burma road is open, but China industry is completely wiped out since 1943 so the supplies that arrives from Burma is barely enough to survive...I still have many units that gets DISPERSED every turn due to the lack of supplies...
The supply must come from CT to feed both Burma and the campaigns in Malaya, Sumatra and Java... I barely have enough for them...cannot really support anything in China rather than a defensive stance.

I haven't mentioned China in a while because since we managed to stop his advance in the North, the front has been stabilized and there has been a kind of "armistice" in China...with the Chinese that were able to hold their major cities...that is already a very good result imho

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 322
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 8:51:53 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

The HI/LI is in range, sure, but it's well protected by fighters and AA (as far as I can tell from the intel).
Having 100 Shidens and KI83s on CAP is enough to prevent any long range mission of the 4Es. You know that Joc.
My fighters are too busy protecting my AFs to be able to also do long range sweeps. Also my pools are not looking good as you may understand.

Ah, but he cannot CAP every base now can he? The B29s have a long range and in China for example there are many, many small LI factories. Start hitting whatever he doesnīt guard and see if you can force him to disperse his CAP a bit?

quote:

30 divisions Joc? Not at all... I have 12 divisions stuck in Malaya, unable to move any further. More or less in a defensive position... 10 more are in Burma...
I have 10 more divisions between Makassar, Kendari and Koepang... waiting for the next advance... but the next advance will be bloody. Kendari cannot be conquered... I have not enough units prepped for it... I have a whole army prepped for Balikapan (defended by 3 Japanese IDs and lots of AAs) and another army prepped for Menado... but that's pretty far from my closest base...I thought I could take Kendari in order to support the advance towards Mindanao...but I don't think I can anymore.
We'll need the full DS to move up there and that will trigger the KB intervention...which is still as strong as our DS...intact... I cannot accept a battle right now... I'll lose the initiative even if I get a draw... been unlucky with the previous CV battles in 1943 and early 1944 and there I lost the chances to really change the balance.

Let's not look at the clock guys. I'll keep on playing as if there was not any "ending date"

Well, that pretty much makes it 30 IDs (12+10+10). Can you sneak some of them out? If you are stuck in Burma and Malaya canīt you sneak 1-2 out from each place? That would give you a reserve of 5-6 IDs which you can then use to advance somewhere else? No need to keep banging your head in Burma right now right?

I think right now he has the psychological advantage over you. You need to break loose of that. He is doing a very good job but he cannot defend everywhere. Its impossible. Force him to spread out his troops and airforce. Open a new axis of advance.

But you must start hitting his LI/HI. Look in China how many small LI centers there are. No chance to cover them all. There are more in Thailand too. Start knocking them out. 20 here and there will soon add up into the 100s.

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 3/3/2014 9:53:13 AM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 323
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 9:08:45 AM   
obvert

quote:

All good. No need to think to hurry, of course. I just have a feeling that the pace will take care of itself once the supply stops flowing.

Seems now the best route might be to go around the islands on the South side of Borneo, just by-pass the whole South DEI and let them sit there. He can lift some of it back, but not all. Those dot islands look pretty tempting, and once you're on the East side, that whole transit to the North is in serious doubt. There are a TON of bases on the NE side of Borneo and into the PI once you decide to jump further. Some of those will have nothing on them, guaranteed.

Also, meeting the KB in the South China Sea is much better than in the dense, heavily CAPed area around the Celebes and Java.

You're plenty able, I know, just trying to spur thoughts and new options that already look to be on your radar, judging by the moves you've made to the islands off of Sumatra.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 324
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 3:58:30 PM   
GreyJoy

Dec 21, 1944

Sosarbaja is falling, thanks God!
After 3 days of fightings, we achieved a 3-1 and the forts down to 4... we're getting there. A Para bde was dropped at Kalidati, stopping the movement of a Mixed Regiment railing south...
More troops are pouring in southern Java, under the umbrella of the CVs...
Bombings at Batavia and Palembang continue.
Shidens keep on sweeping, achieving tremendous victories against P-51Ds... even if the allied fighters are set higher...ouch

ARDs, ARs, AKEs, AVs, ADs, ASs are all ready to be moved to Sosarbaja as soon as the base falls, along with many base forces, 2 Naval HQs and 2 Air HQs...

More Marines are getting to Java... once Sosarbaja is taken, i'll be able to deal with Medioen and Buitznetog AFs...
Ki-83s swept Makassar, obtaining a 4-1 kill ratio in their favour... damn how I hate the jap late war fighters...

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 325
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 4:05:01 PM   
JocMeister

Congrats on liberarating Soerabaja!

I donīt think its so much the planes but rather he has a some REALLY good pilots by now...

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 326
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 4:26:22 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

Congrats on liberarating Soerabaja!

I donīt think its so much the planes but rather he has a some REALLY good pilots by now...

For sure, but he's being fighting throughout the whole war over my own bases, so he must have had a lot of MIA/KIA, while I managed to lose quite few pilots comparing the the numbers of planes lost.
My pilots are very good too to be honest. But simply, when KI-49r, KI-83s or Shidens arrive at 40+ feet all togheder in groups of at least 49 planes, it's pretty impossible to have a decent number of planes ready to fight them and get the dive bonus (even with no altitude HR)... so you always end up in inferiority and that makes the difference
The Shidens is also faster than anything I have and the KI-83s worths, more or less, a P-47...so the weapons on my side aren't much of a use.

However, I need to stop complaining and focus on the strategical goals. Now I need Sosarbaja and then i'll be able to close down any fuel/oil sealane left to Japan...

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 327
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 4:36:42 PM   
JocMeister

You used up all the P47-25s you got? If so I can see it being seriously tough.

Good news is that its only 4 month until you get the "N". Its pretty awesome!

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 328
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 4:57:49 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

You used up all the P47-25s you got? If so I can see it being seriously tough.

Good news is that its only 4 month until you get the "N". Its pretty awesome!

Yes, all of them. Pool is empty and only 100 remain operative within the active airgroups.... they have been mauled during the attempts (failed) to break down Singapore and Kotha Baru.
Japan at Singapore managed to place more than 1000 great fighters on CAP. With forts up to 8 (I guess), hundreds of mines and CD guns, even a series of naval bombardments of 8 BBs (in combo with 300 4Es, 200 escorts and 300 P-47s on sweep) failed to close the airfield even for a single day...was quite horrible to watch

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 329
RE: India again??...why always me?!!? - 3/3/2014 5:01:24 PM   
JocMeister

Well, Iīm glad Iīm not you!

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: India again??...why always me?!!? Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI