Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map values editor issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> Map values editor issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map values editor issues - 3/3/2014 9:54:09 PM   
WildCatNL

Hi,

I've run into two problems using the Map Values editor, none of them show-stoppers. The second one hurts me most.

1). Road net overlay is not kept consistent with new "automated map scanning". At least for hexes with roads removed, after a All layers scan, the overlay keeps the "Road" tag on the hex, whereas the "Current Hex" info panel in the bottom right side of the UI correctly shows the hex containing no road.

2). "Mixed" tags don't come off when the terrain changes (and is rescanned). Even if I change the hex to a lake (completely blue hex, clear of any artwork), rescanning will recognize the lake but not remove the "Mixed" tag, yielding a a Lake, Mixed hex. The Mixed tags persists in the .fp9 file.
The one way to get rid of the Mixed tag is to delete the .fp9 file (which means throwing away any manually placed obstacle ids at stream hexes).

Not a bug in itself, but something unfortunate: the green parts of the HexDraw artwork for fields (RS-Field4, etc) cause the hex being tagged as Forest when the green parts are placed to placed too close the hex edges. This makes placing field art even more laborious.

William

William
On Target Simulations LLC
Post #: 1
RE: Map values editor issues - 3/3/2014 11:13:28 PM   
CapnDarwin

William,

Thanks for the info. I'll send these into the bug tracking.

I would bet for the green fields they are mixing with the black hex edge and getting a color close to the forest green used. I'll see if we can address that in some way as well.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to WildCatNL)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> Map values editor issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI