Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hats off to the developers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Hats off to the developers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hats off to the developers - 3/4/2014 2:27:21 AM   
kerog

I've heard a number of people complaining about various things, and I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the product. I've been waiting for this for many years, and am just thrilled to be able to play WIF on the computer. Even with the solitaire version, I was able to play the Barbarossa scenario head to head against my old gaming buddy. He was very skeptical at first, but had to admit that the interface is just great. Never would have thought the game could be so playable on a computer. Terrific to have the rules enforced by the computer, and to be able to save off games and explore what-if scenarios.

How are the financials of this? I was amazed by what I got for my money, but am concerned that the community just isn't big enough to support the development. Would more money accelerate the development process? Would a kickstarter campaign potentially help? I suspect there are some wealthy gamers out there who would be happy to fork out some extra money if it meant the development would go faster.

Thank you so much Steve for this labor of love. Also, thanks to all of you testers who have supported this over the years.

-Keith
Post #: 1
RE: Hats off to the developers - 3/4/2014 3:22:38 PM   
Kathi51!

I happily join into your praise although having fiddeled about with Global War for over 2 months now, it seems to me that very major work still needs to be done. Supply rules, Oil rule, production among other things are unstable or in need of " redesign " - maybe?

Now this will not be news to most but what I would like to know is, if there is any assessment of the ressources required to get the job(s) done and how this correlates with the probably very limited budget due to the smallish customer base.

At this point the project looks very much pro bono to me.

Best regards

Jan

(in reply to kerog)
Post #: 2
RE: Hats off to the developers - 3/4/2014 3:39:41 PM   
joshuamnave

Just want to add how happy I am that old save games are always compatible with new patches. I've played lots of games where that isn't the case, and it really helps that we don't have to chuck ongoing games every time we install new patches. +1

(in reply to Kathi51!)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Hats off to the developers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI