Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TOAW III Events for Reinforcements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> TOAW III Events for Reinforcements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TOAW III Events for Reinforcements - 3/6/2014 1:20:32 PM   
Yorkiesand235

Hi

As part of an project a friend and myself are looking to use TOAW III for our operational level fights and will be using a boxed version of war in flames for the strategic work

Using the event engine we would want to look to create events to look after reinforcements as using the WIF rules new units may need to be deployed which are not part of the original set up. is it even feasible?

One way of doing this is to create some reinforcements that are deployed at the edge of the map at certain times i.e. an average of X corps per year and create a withdraw event if they are not needed i.e. were not created within WIF.

I hope you understand what I mean.

P.S. Even better we are using Command at sea or battlestations battlestations to work out the fleet combat!!!
Post #: 1
RE: TOAW III Events for Reinforcements - 3/6/2014 4:07:03 PM   
Panzer War

Why don't you just create said number of extra units then tie various theater option events as needed to deploy them if you find they should be deployed? witch each player would be able to activate and bring into the scenario, and not have them hanging out on the map. you also I believe tie tos to withdraw them also.

(in reply to Yorkiesand235)
Post #: 2
RE: TOAW III Events for Reinforcements - 3/6/2014 6:15:00 PM   
Yorkiesand235

Many thanks I have now worked it out, bit rusty with the scenario edit as I forgot you can deploy on trigger event.

So a new division would deploy on Theater option 23rd Division is ready to depoy. Press the options it will then trigger the event to deploy at the required location and if I remember correctly if that hex is over run it will not deploy in but close if it can or when it is a friendly hex again.

regards

(in reply to Panzer War)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> TOAW III Events for Reinforcements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI