Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 2:24:22 PM   
markhwalker

A short blog post with my ideas on future games. You can read it here.

World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Post #: 1
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 3:02:52 PM   
Bulldog1

I say "Semper Fi"

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 2
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 3:16:59 PM   
jhdeerslayer

Pacific tactical games are rare - so my vote.

(in reply to Bulldog1)
Post #: 3
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 3:28:01 PM   
Werewolf13

Since the focus of Heroes is Company/Squad level battles one might consider some Vietnam scenarios. Many possibilities that cover both rural and urban fighting, regular forces v irregulars, special forces missions, Marine Long Range Recon missions all on widely variable terrain that range from jungles, to open fields, rice paddies, small villages to heavily urban locales. Search and Destroy, assasination, rescue, recon - the possibilities are endless.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to jhdeerslayer)
Post #: 4
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 3:42:42 PM   
Thomasew

2nd'd .. Forgotten Heroes - Vietnam ..

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

(in reply to Werewolf13)
Post #: 5
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 3:47:56 PM   
wodin

You need o expand the unit count and cover the eats front throughout the years..then move onto another theatre\war. I'd be extremely peeved if the East front was now left with no more maps\units to cover other years of the conflict.

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 6
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 4:02:02 PM   
fran52

To expand the east front could be enough a set of new counters with proper value.West front,Pacific front and North Africa front are really new games with new features like parachute for west(Normandy),landing craft both for west and Pacific,Banzai charge for the Japanese and also the war in the desert can add something.
With the editor i think that is possible to cover others battle in the east but we need the counters, specially for the 1941 AFV and after 42 AFV.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 4:18:31 PM   
z1812

I believe that most here would enjoy any expansion but of course would prefer their favourite theatre and time period excepting space monsters and large robots.

If it were my game I would first create a HoS expansion including more troop and vehicle types, such as Paratroopers, SMG units, SU-85, Puma, Katyusha Rockets, and the like. Weapons such as Grenade Bundles, and Magnetic Mines. The map types could be more rural with, dare I say it, 2 story buildings.

Next would be West front as most of the German Kit is already available. Initially with Americans and expansions to follow with allied forces.

Then I would move into alternate history with a late 1945 war erupting between east and west. Units already available from previous games with the addition of some of the heavier tanks such as the Pershing.

France 1940 is sadly lacking a good tactical game and would be quite attractive to people. Of course there is the vast panoply of post 50's, the Cold War and the modern era. Not to mention WW1.

When you have completed all of that why not a game where, as a branch campaign, a few world war 1 British soldiers, who are also vampires, discover a time machine and are transported back to the American Revolutionary War. With their help the war is won for Britain and Starbucks Teashops spread civilization throughout the World.

< Message edited by z1812 -- 3/6/2014 5:36:11 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 4:54:56 PM   
Thomasew

I'll be extremely peeved if we get any more East Front expansions/addons. I bought HoS because of the Game System, which I like .. but, I rarely play it anymore. E.F. holds no interest for me.

We need new Theatres of War, .. not the same boring old thing (E.F.) with multiple addons. There are so many games available for the E.F., ... It's gotten beyond tedious now.

Tom

< Message edited by Thomasew -- 3/6/2014 6:03:10 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 5:47:18 PM   
fentum

How about zombie pirates vs robo dinosaurs?

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 10
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 6:03:34 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

Since the focus of Heroes is Company/Squad level battles one might consider some Vietnam scenarios. Many possibilities that cover both rural and urban fighting, regular forces v irregulars, special forces missions, Marine Long Range Recon missions all on widely variable terrain that range from jungles, to open fields, rice paddies, small villages to heavily urban locales. Search and Destroy, assasination, rescue, recon - the possibilities are endless.

+1

Rick

(in reply to Werewolf13)
Post #: 11
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 6:13:22 PM   
wodin

Well you did buy an east front game...so really I think it's only fair that those who bought this game liked the theater and really would expect some more maps\units on it. I'd be happy with an expansion of just units only and maybe a few more maps..no scenarios needed. We can make them. That way those who gnat something different would get it quicker.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomasew

I'll be extremely peeved if we get any more East Front expansions/addons. I bought HoS because of the Game System, which I like .. but, I rarely play it anymore. E.F. holds no interest for me.

We need new Theatres of War, .. not the same boring old thing (E.F.) with multiple addons. There are so many games available for the E.F., ... It's gotten beyond tedious now.

Tom

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 12
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 6:21:31 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Well you did buy an east front game...so really I think it's only fair that those who bought this game liked the theater and really would expect some more maps\units on it. I'd be happy with an expansion of just units only and maybe a few more maps..no scenarios needed. We can make them. That way those who gnat something different would get it quicker.

What units and maps are you looking for? Do you have scenarios in mind? I might be able to come up with some more units.....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 13
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 6:28:34 PM   
fentum

quote:

quote:

Tom

On a more serious note than zombie pirates, I didn't REALLY buy an east front game, I bought a Lock n Load game. It happened to be EF. I would have preferred a west front set, but I'll take what I can get. Strangely enough, and counter to that, I would never buy a Vietnam setting, but would buy any other WW2 stuff in a flash.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 14
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 6:31:15 PM   
Werewolf13

quote:

You need o expand the unit count and cover the eats front throughout the years..then move onto another theatre\war. I'd be extremely peeved if the East front was now left with no more maps\units to cover other years of the conflict.

Maybe this deserves its own thread in the General discussion area but:

I've been wargaming since 1961 or '62 (I forget) and in all that time I have never really understood the fascination so many wargamers have with the east front. To me its just outnumbered tech guys meet savage hordes.

Could someone enlighten me please...

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 6:50:31 PM   
Thomasew

quote:

As Fentum also said, .. I didn't buy an Eastern Front game, .. I bought the 1st Lock 'n Load computer game, .. that, unfortunately, is set in the Eastern Front.

I think it's only fair, .. that those that like the Lock 'n Load series of games, be afforded an opportunity to play a PC version, in a non-Eastern Front setting.

Once a couple of different Theatres are out there, .. there's nothing to stop the developers from adding to the existing released games, .. by adding additional units/maps/scenarios etc.

I suggested Forgotten Heroes - Vietnam, as it's the first Lock 'n Load game I purchased, and have enjoyed it through many, many games. Haven't played it in a while though, so, it would be great to play a PC version.

.. but, given the LnL game system/mechanics, .. I would be happy with anything .. with the exception of the Eastern Front in WW2.

Would love some Cold War/Modern Conflicts (NATO vs PACT) as well.

Tom

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 16
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 7:24:18 PM   
vonRocko

Pacific! Yes, by all means.

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 17
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 7:44:36 PM   
Capitaine

Keep it in WWII. Definitely not 'Nam. Normandy or Pacific would probably have good infantry engagements which is the featured action in LnL Heroes games.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 18
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 9:40:24 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

quote:

What units and maps are you looking for? Do you have scenarios in mind? I might be able to come up with some more units.....

See my post 8 for some specific units.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 19
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 9:41:10 PM   
fentum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

Keep it in WWII. Definitely not 'Nam. Normandy or Pacific would probably have good infantry engagements which is the featured action in LnL Heroes games.

This exactly.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 20
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 10:15:15 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

Forgotten Heroes Vietnam was the very first LnL series title. Band of Heroes (Normandy) was the next one.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 21
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 10:18:05 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

I know it's not the Lock N Load system, but I'd LOVE to see Nuklear Winter'68 on the PC.

Pretty Please

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 22
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 10:20:10 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812

quote:

quote:

See my post 8 for some specific units.

Ok, there are some vehicles to be added. As for troops, SMG units are basically the 2-3-4 assault move Soviets. Paratroops could be ant type, I won't be able to add rules for para drops. Boards are kind of small for rocket launchers..... Let me see what I can pull together.

< Message edited by Barthheart -- 3/6/2014 11:20:57 PM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 23
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 10:21:44 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

Tom

Agreed, my vote for Pacific theater.

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 24
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 10:54:40 PM   
madDdog67

Well, while we wait to see who's favorite theater gets done next (if at all), I think that if you (Mark and Tom) can develop the editor a bit to make it a tad more user friendly and make some of the other LnL maps available, some talented folks here would be more than happy to gen up a bunch of new content. Yeah, it would be "unofficial", but it would tide folks over until an expansion gets released somewhere down the road. And you could get all of us off your back for a while :).

The only problem with a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 25
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/6/2014 11:50:37 PM   
wodin

Bartheart..would love to see more leaders, mountain troops, ski troops, military police, Italians with armour, Hungarians with armour and Romanians with armour. Like to see early war and late war Inf types so the late war will be better than the early war ones.

Finally any major AFV used by either side over the course of the conflict.

(in reply to madDdog67)
Post #: 26
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/7/2014 12:05:06 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

Bartheart..would love to see more leaders, mountain troops, ski troops, military police, Italians with armour, Hungarians with armour and Romanians with armour. Like to see early war and late war Inf types so the late war will be better than the early war ones.

LOL! Well, I only have access to some of the published game stuff so no to most of what you just listed.

I do have more armour and some weapons I think... let me poke around this weekend and see what I can piece together.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 27
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/7/2014 12:12:54 AM   
baloo7777

Anything that adds to this game system is fine with me. I prefer the western front, but any units or maps would be great. I have been playing the new user created scenarios and look forward to more to come.

JRR

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 28
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/7/2014 1:40:01 AM   
wodin

Cool!!
quote:

quote:

LOL! Well, I only have access to some of the published game stuff so no to most of what you just listed.

I do have more armour and some weapons I think... let me poke around this weekend and see what I can piece together.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 29
RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? - 3/7/2014 1:59:25 AM   
Horvo

For me it all depends on what is easiest and will come out the quickest. If using the existing LnL board games makes it much easier and faster to come out with a PC version, then do that. If there is no difference, then I would prefer different settings than already exist in the board games, since I have three of them already.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI