Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

sandman(UK) vs red(SU) , 7'44

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> sandman(UK) vs red(SU) , 7'44 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sandman(UK) vs red(SU) , 7'44 - 2/4/2003 9:29:18 AM   
red

This is going to be interesting. The Brits have Fireflies and all kinds of other sharp shooting hardware. The Soviets have good ol' T34. The kicker is that most of the map is covered in woods so it may turn out to be an infantry and flamethrowers ruled game.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."
--MUHAMMAD ALI
Post #: 1
- 2/4/2003 5:02:40 PM   
sandman20

And now it's begun.
Only some minor harms in bombardments before first turn and smoke layed by Brits.
Red have Katyushas, I have 8inchers.:D

This should be very interesting.
Your turn red.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 2
- 2/5/2003 12:45:21 AM   
red

No contact yet.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."
--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 3
- 2/5/2003 2:06:29 PM   
sandman20

No contact, spotted one Russians light tank.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 4
- 2/6/2003 6:15:33 AM   
red

Minor contact, Brit AA position op fired on a moving T-34 and some recon skirmishes other than that Soviets are moving in for the British held vhexes.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 5
- 2/6/2003 8:35:26 PM   
sandman20

First enemy contacts for me.
I lost some commandos and you lost some partisans in the nearby of northern VH's.
One scouting T-70 was killed also and I almost lost one of my beautiful halftrack.:)

Your turn red.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 6
- 2/7/2003 5:56:39 AM   
red

Thats affirmative about a lost UK halftrack, as partisans get shot at by HT and infantry squad, OT-34 moves in for a kill frying the halftrack. Infantry squad flees but is finished by a scout car. T-70 gets shot at by AA position but manages to get away. Soviet scout car is destroyed on approach to vhexes. Lets see how those Fireflies like flamethrowers at close range :mad:

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 7
- 2/7/2003 9:48:20 PM   
sandman20

One of my Firefly was destroyed by a 57mm ATG hiding in the bush..:mad:

Russians two T-70 and two M3A1 Skaut cars was killed.
Some infantry fights was seen also, casualties for both sides.

A lot of enemy tanks was also spotted in the northern flank.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 8
- 2/8/2003 4:56:47 AM   
red

This was a very successful round for Soviets. Partisans discover an ATG postion up north. In the central sector 3 Fireflies get eliminated and couple of infantry squads get chased off by T-34s supported by partisans and bazookas. Soviets lose a scout car to a side hit from a Firefly. The crew of the Firefly downed last turn gets mopped up along with a mortar on the same hex. All known commandos are eliminated in the northern sector, they didn't like OT-34 too much. In the south advancing partisans spot a Firefly, Sherman II and a truck carrying 17-lb ATG. The truck is burnt and ATG suppressed. Soviet T-70 is killed on approach and T-34 attempts to outduel the Firely with partisans providing smoke to cover it from another ATG postion further west. T-34 survives the duel but doesn't finish Firefly so it may be toast next round. Scout car loaded with two Bazooka teams approaches the western ATG postion taking 50 cal. fire and Bazookas finish the ATG off.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 9
- 2/8/2003 6:32:17 PM   
sandman20

Your assault in the middle was much tougher than I wait and my troops are now retreating there.:(
Losing three fireflies on a single turn is a big loss..:( :(

In the south T-34, T-70 and couple of 57mm ATguns were destroyed from Russians. Infantry casualties again to both sides.
Back to you Red!

(in reply to red)
Post #: 10
- 2/9/2003 1:38:37 PM   
red

Soviets advance in the south pitting M10 Wolverines and T34s supported by partisans and bazookas against Firefly, Sherman II, Wasp(flamer), AA HT and remaining 17lb atg. Having distracted all of the above with partisans, bazookas and scout cars, M10 and T34s move in and finish them off except for the atg which is barely there. In the center AA position is eliminated by partisans and 2 T-34s double up on a lonely Firefly nearby bringing it down.
After that both sides exchange devastating barrage of heavy artillery and rockets.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 11
- 2/9/2003 2:52:09 PM   
sandman20

It looks like I have a little trouble with those T-34's...or not so little.:(
Anyway, I'm retreating in the middle and there's about whole company of T-34's pushing forward behind me.
We'll see what happens...

Only Russian casualties this turn was some partisans, T-70 and one decrewed OT-34.Not good.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 12
- 2/10/2003 2:20:26 PM   
red

Soviets continue to move forward cautiously. Sherman V is ambushed by 57mm atg and various infantry squads and crews are mopped up. T70 was lost to an infantry assault.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 13
- 2/10/2003 5:10:58 PM   
sandman20

One T-34 was immobilized and another was decrewed and crew killed.
Skaut car was killed in the nearby of southern VH's.
It looks like I'm soon in troubles with those T-34's in the middle...they are dangerously getting closer to my rear VH's.
:eek:

(in reply to red)
Post #: 14
- 2/16/2003 11:42:36 AM   
red

Multiple AFV losses on both sides. Soviets were a little careless this turn and left several AFVs exposed but making some progress going in between the central and forward vhexes avoiding direct attack on them.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 15
- 2/16/2003 3:06:24 PM   
sandman20

Quite good turn for me this time.
4 or 5 destroyed Russian tanks and 1 or 2 immobilized.
I lost some infantry, but I'll probably suffer with heavy casualties of your next turn.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 16
- 2/17/2003 9:32:38 AM   
red

Firefly, Wasp and miscellaneous infantry scattered, Soviets are moving in to the rear vhexes. One more commando squad was discovered up north but they will be addressed later.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 17
- 2/17/2003 8:39:58 PM   
sandman20

In the south one of my halftracks was destroyed by Wolverine.After that it was eliminated by Sherman.
One T-34 on the southern hill was killed by infantry assault.
Behind that same hill, not so far, British SAS squad met Soviet HQ.
Few moments later it was dispersed.

In the middle one OT-34 was assaulted and killed.
In the north, small infantryfights between partisans and commandos.

At the end of the turn British 8inchers killed quite a lot of mens from both sides and one more Wolverine was destroyed by 4.2mortar, lucky shot :)

Couple of Russian AUX -units was spotted also in the east...

(in reply to red)
Post #: 18
- 2/19/2003 1:28:24 PM   
red

Soviets continue to advance mopping up UK units along the way and looking for op force armor concentrations.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 19
- 2/19/2003 7:21:20 PM   
sandman20

More of the same and casualties to both sides.
Russians Katyusha barrage made bad ruin on my artypark and caused a lot of supression.

This far this have been very brutal and straightforward fight ;)

(in reply to red)
Post #: 20
- 2/19/2003 9:02:15 PM   
red

Having their HQ eliminated the previous turn didn't slow the Soviet advance. UK infantry proves to be to tough to crack in the attempt tp secure all southern vhexes so some arty support is ordered. Noerthern vhexes seem secure for now but they have seen massive infilitration before. Soviet tanks and infantry are on the prowl for UK armor.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 21
- 2/21/2003 3:00:17 AM   
sandman20

More of the same as before, Russian Wolverine and T-34 eliminated in nearby of my rear VH's.
Back to you Red.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 22
- 2/22/2003 10:21:40 AM   
red

Armor clashes in the central and nprthern sectors: in the center partisans discover a roadblock consisting of 2 Sherman II's and a Firefly, braving the op fire a couple of infantry squads and bazooka team distract the Brits afetr which a Wolverine moves and finishes Sherman and Firelfy off from behind. In the north Soviet armro incurs losse as it runs into 2 Fireflies supported by 40mm AA gun postion: Soviets lose T-34, Wolverine and 2 scout cars in exchange for one Firefly. Another Firefly gets several hits so it may be out of commision. Elsewhere Soviets continue to clean up miscellaneuos UK infantry.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 23
- 2/22/2003 10:56:23 PM   
sandman20

Not much happened this turn.
I just tried to clean my rear areas and succeeded to kill one Wolverine and several Partisans.
There's still at least one T-34 lurking somewhere, didn't found it, but it's possible that there's more Russians, I don't know....:rolleyes:

Only some small firefights in the middle and in the south.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 24
- 2/23/2003 10:18:07 PM   
red

Similarly to my opponent's last turn, I killed a Sherman hiding in my area of control and cleared out several infantry squads. In the north, Soviets regroup.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 25
- 2/24/2003 1:04:51 AM   
sandman20

Quiet turn, mostly organizing and rallying my troops.
Some Soviet vehicles was assaulted, but every attempt failed.

Russian forces are dominating.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 26
- 2/24/2003 2:07:46 AM   
red

Soviets continue to clean up their area of control awaiting for the next British move.

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 27
- 2/24/2003 9:09:04 PM   
sandman20

Not much again. I lost one halftrack in exchange of Skaut car.

Barrages from both sides at the end of turn and at least couple of Soviet mens lose one's lives.

(in reply to red)
Post #: 28
- 2/26/2003 9:13:48 AM   
red

Soviet forces pull "crazy Ivan" and throw an armor group in frontal attack at the British rear vhexes. All or nothing :mad:

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

--MUHAMMAD ALI

(in reply to red)
Post #: 29
- 2/26/2003 10:29:59 PM   
sandman20

Two of my tanks was decrewed and others was stunned after Russians attack in the nearby of British rear VH's.:eek:
British infantry squad succeeded only to immobilize one T-34 at this turn.
We can say that Russian assault was succesfully complete there.;)

Both sides have lost about 20 important tanks so far but Russians still have a lot of them alive...:(
Russian Partisans are so much cheaper than British Airborne and Commando Squads, so Russians can spent some points and buy some extra tanks :(
Not good for me...

I'm in big troubles now but maybe I can keep the fight alive couple of more turns.
I think Red's tactics have been much better than mine.
Good work Red!;)

(in reply to red)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> sandman(UK) vs red(SU) , 7'44 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI