Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manchurian Capital

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Manchurian Capital Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manchurian Capital - 3/12/2014 12:04:13 PM   
GaPete_slith

I had stated in another post that the Japanese were having supply problems in Manchuria, much like they were in the Bermuda Triangle, down in South China, and now I am pretty sure I know why. The city that is marked on the map as the capital is not acting like the capital. Instead the city of Mukden, the industrial city with factories just to the south of the capital, is functioning as the capital instead. At one point in the game the Russians took the capital city but, at the end of the turn in the conquest phase, nothing happened. At the time I just figured maybe this territory functioned as Japanese soil and not a minor country. A few turns later the Russians took Mukden and, guess what, at the end of the turn Manchuria became conquered by Russia. Now Mukden is functioning as their supply source instead of the capital. Not a big deal but I thought you should know.

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.
Post #: 1
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/12/2014 12:21:49 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaPete

I had stated in another post that the Japanese were having supply problems in Manchuria, much like they were in the Bermuda Triangle, down in South China, and now I am pretty sure I know why. The city that is marked on the map as the capital is not acting like the capital. Instead the city of Mukden, the industrial city with factories just to the south of the capital, is functioning as the capital instead. At one point in the game the Russians took the capital city but, at the end of the turn in the conquest phase, nothing happened. At the time I just figured maybe this territory functioned as Japanese soil and not a minor country. A few turns later the Russians took Mukden and, guess what, at the end of the turn Manchuria became conquered by Russia. Now Mukden is functioning as their supply source instead of the capital. Not a big deal but I thought you should know.

Very good thinking! Thanks!

(in reply to GaPete_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/12/2014 1:46:55 PM   
markb50k

Actually, the game is acting as it should.  to conquer you need to capture the capital AND factory hexes.  so, logically, when you captured Mukden it was conquered, and wouldnt be beforehand.

PS. I totally agree that there is a "bermuda triangle" issue in Manchuria. I see it in my game. I'm only pointing out that the game does not have a bug confusing the capital of Manchuria, based on the OP's logic. It's something else...

< Message edited by markb50k -- 3/12/2014 2:49:33 PM >

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 3
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/12/2014 2:01:47 PM   
GaPete_slith

Yes Mark that is true but, it doesn't explain the supply source issue which is coming from Mukden and should not be.

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.

(in reply to markb50k)
Post #: 4
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/12/2014 2:13:06 PM   
markb50k

Agreed.  Mukden serving as their supply source is a pretty big clue that there is some confusion there.  Good point.  Is it listed in the F8 supply popup?

Post #: 5
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/12/2014 5:56:19 PM   
GaPete_slith

When I start playing again I will look and see. I'll do it sometime later today.

(in reply to markb50k)
Post #: 6
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/12/2014 8:28:55 PM   
paulderynck

Don't forget that any city in Manchuria is a primary supply source for Manchurian units, but only the capital is a secondary supply source for Japanese units.

So it's also important to know if the units in question are Japanese or Manchurian.

But any theory is appreciated and worth checking into.

Paul

Post #: 7
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/13/2014 4:47:52 PM   
GaPete_slith

OH the Manchurian units are all long gone. The only units in Manchuria at this point in my game are Russians. I only became aware that this was happening after the Russians conquered the territory but Mukden is definitely their secondary supply source, apparently, as per a conquered minor country capital. I don't know for certain but, it seems as if that was why the Japanese were out of supply because I was calculating the distance to the capital on the game map. That's the only explanation I can think of. It's either that or it's another Bermuda triangle. I do know they should have been in supply and I never could get them to be.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 8
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/13/2014 6:43:10 PM   
Centuur

You might be right here. Can you put your saved game in here from after the Russian conquest of Manchuria (if you have it). I think it might come in handy to fix this. I haven't got a saved game with a USSR conquered Manchuria in it. I think Steve might want it.

Peter

Post #: 9
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/13/2014 7:28:59 PM   
GaPete_slith

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3567506

It's already posted on the board. There's the url for the thread. It's the same game and was posted for another bug.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 10
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/13/2014 7:33:00 PM   
Centuur

Thanks. However, it's a save I can't use for this, since it is frozen and I need to have a saved game from before the conquest of Guatamala (if you've got one). I need to relocate the USSR HQ's and see what happens if I do so...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 3/13/2014 8:43:52 PM >

Peter

Post #: 11
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/14/2014 12:48:53 PM   
GaPete_slith

Looks like I've only uploaded two and those would be the only saved games I have left from before that point. One was what you looked at and then the other is, well I'm not sure when it is from. I'll put both them of here and let you take a look. See if you can get what you need. This is the first one.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 12
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/14/2014 12:49:40 PM   
GaPete_slith

This is the second one. Not sure which one you got but it is probably one of these two.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 13
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/14/2014 6:50:19 PM   
Centuur

No, they both aren't... One is of the setup of Germany and the other of Germany attacking the French...

Peter

Post #: 14
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/18/2014 5:26:23 PM   
GaPete_slith

Sorry about that man, I don't have anything saved and the fighting and armies are no longer in Manchuria. If I encounter it again in another game I will save it and send it to you.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 15
RE: Manchurian Capital - 3/26/2014 3:16:53 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I agree with Centaur - neither of the two saved games you posted show the problem.

---

I am going to set this issue aside since I have no way of recreating it. If it comes up again, please be sure to let us know and post a saved game so I can analyze the problem.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Manchurian Capital Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI