Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

transport attacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> transport attacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
transport attacks - 2/5/2003 7:21:56 AM   
Terp

Whatis the best way to attack transports unloading supplies, fuel and troops at an enemy base?

with naval attack or port attack?

also he best way to soften up the enemy ground forces before a ground attack of your own.... ground attack? and will it ever affect your own troops in the same hex?

plus any other inout... :)

thx,

Terp
Post #: 1
- 2/5/2003 1:02:54 PM   
bradfordkay

I like using naval attack for TFs in the process of unloading. Since they are anchored, they are much easier to hit than ships at sea. You also get to prevent the unloading of large amounts of supplies or troops.

Bombardment works devastatingly well against supplies already in port, and is an excellent precursor to any ground attacks. Weaken the troops before attacking and you'll have better results.

(in reply to Terp)
Post #: 2
- 2/5/2003 2:30:34 PM   
denisonh

I find that attacking the airfield does a great job fo attriting enemy ground forces. It doesn't seem to suffer from allocating all the casualties to the same unit, it distributes them around, and as well as eating up valuable supply points quickly.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to Terp)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> transport attacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI