Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A New Plan for Space Program Manager

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> A New Plan for Space Program Manager Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A New Plan for Space Program Manager - 1/14/2014 1:56:23 PM   
Gerry Edwards

USA & Soviet campaigns and multiplayer are announced based on the community’s feedback

Two months after releasing the Early Beta project, it's now time to announce a host of new features for Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager. The game has been played for over 100,000 hours, by thousands of players around the world and over 3000 suggestions posted via the forums.

“We have seen a tremendous amount of feedback from the players”, said Ignacio Liverotti, Lead Designer & Programmer at Polar Motion. “All these contributions have been analyzed and taken into consideration to form a brand new list of features we are adding to the pipeline. This will of course delay the release of the final product, but we are really committed to delivering the players the game they want and know the players will understand and appreciate what we are doing”.

After some careful planning during the past few weeks, developer and publisher have decided to rewrite the original roadmap.

First and foremost a brand new "Race to the Moon" campaign will be added: players will be able to play as either the Soviets or the USA in a race to be the first to set foot on the Moon (and return safely back to Earth!). This 2 new campaigns will co-exist with the originally announced campaign, which means that the campaign mode will now feature three options: race to the Moon as Soviets, race to the Moon as Americans and Global Space Agency. What we’re saying is that nothing is being taken away – just a load of new stuff is being added for free!

Other important features which are being added:

* Support for widescreen resolutions for desktop platforms
* Ability to mix-and-match rockets and payloads: instead of forcing players to run a mission using a predefined set of rockets and payloads, for more customization and replay value.
* Support for multiplayer: Space Program Manager will use Slitherine's PBEM system, so players will be able to challenge and play the race to the Moon campaign against other players across the different platforms

Artists are already working on the next Road to the Moon assets and a new release date will be announced soon. In the meantime, updates will still be provided in a regular basis in order to introduce new gameplay mechanics, contents and address the bugs and suggestions reported by the early adopters. For more information n Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager, check out the official product page.

< Message edited by Nacho84 -- 5/18/2014 8:45:13 AM >

Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
Post #: 1
RE: A New Plan for Space Program Manager - 1/14/2014 2:30:58 PM   
wolf14455

They look lovely, well done.

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

(in reply to Gerry Edwards)
Post #: 2
RE: A New Plan for Space Program Manager - 1/14/2014 4:11:32 PM   
kokubokan25

Awesome work.

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 3
RE: A New Plan for Space Program Manager - 1/15/2014 8:05:32 PM   
DGatsby

Cool stuff! I'm really looking forward to this changes. Before this BASPM was going to be a good game, but now I think it will be great.

(in reply to kokubokan25)
Post #: 4
RE: A New Plan for Space Program Manager - 3/23/2014 3:25:58 AM   
EleSigma

I haven't visited the forums in a while, it is nice to hear you guys are going ahead with a space race scenario. Will the "Race To The Moon" scenario results carry over to the part 2 like the GSA game? Also is there still going to be a part 2 and 3 to the game?

< Message edited by EleSigma -- 3/23/2014 4:26:43 AM >

(in reply to DGatsby)
Post #: 5
RE: A New Plan for Space Program Manager - 3/23/2014 2:11:13 PM   
Nacho84

quote:

ORIGINAL: EleSigma

I haven't visited the forums in a while, it is nice to hear you guys are going ahead with a space race scenario. Will the "Race To The Moon" scenario results carry over to the part 2 like the GSA game? Also is there still going to be a part 2 and 3 to the game?

Hello EleSigma,

Welcome back! We still have plans to make parts 2 and 3, yes. However, at this point we haven't yet determined how the transition from part 1 into parts 2 and 3 will be. We have thrown around some ideas, but we need to give it some more thought, and are keeping us pretty busy at the moment! We'll probably share our plans with the community once part 1 gets released, as I'm sure we can get some interesting feedback from the forums

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

(in reply to EleSigma)
Post #: 6
RE: A New Plan for Space Program Manager - 3/24/2014 7:26:02 PM   
nico7550

The most important thing is to be able to load part 1 save file in part 2 :-)

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 7
RE: A New Plan for Space Program Manager - 3/24/2014 8:45:46 PM   
EleSigma

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nacho84

Hello EleSigma,

Welcome back! We still have plans to make parts 2 and 3, yes. However, at this point we haven't yet determined how the transition from part 1 into parts 2 and 3 will be. We have thrown around some ideas, but we need to give it some more thought, and are keeping us pretty busy at the moment! We'll probably share our plans with the community once part 1 gets released, as I'm sure we can get some interesting feedback from the forums

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply! :D The reason I asked was because despite the space race being over post-1969 there was still a bit of a rivalry to try and one up or copy each other where you had the Soviet Salut stations, then the U.S. Skylab station, the U.S. Space Shuttle and the Soviet Buran, the Soviet Mir and the (proposed) U.S. Space Station Freedom.

Something that would be interesting, if this continues to part two, would be the ability to chose which path to promote, do you stay with capsules or do you go with the shuttle?

< Message edited by EleSigma -- 3/24/2014 9:46:33 PM >

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> A New Plan for Space Program Manager Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI