Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Soooo.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> RE: Soooo..... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Soooo..... - 8/1/2013 2:18:54 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

Agreed. It's been three years and we barely have anything on this game.

Three years that's not so bad Bamilus you should come over to World in Flames we are approaching our 8th year

Have a question does anyone here own Forge of Freedom and is it any good? The reason I ask is because the game is 7 years old and the price remains the same, you would think by now the price might be reduced.

Bo

Bill Bowen

Beta tester Matrix World in Flames

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 31
RE: Soooo..... - 9/9/2013 6:16:55 PM   
Numdydar

I love FoF

I actually post an update to the campaign options list on the FoF forum. Paid full price for it too Personally think it is definitely worth the money. Just make sure you read the beginners AAR someone was kind enough to do. Really helped me a lot in my first game.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 32
RE: Soooo..... - 9/30/2013 4:19:22 PM   
veji1

Sooooo

Where are we at devs ?

thank you.

Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 33
RE: Soooo..... - 10/2/2013 4:43:56 AM   
Gil R.

Still insufficient progress on maps and scenarios, BUT we are just days from opening the thing up to more testers. The key is for the standard scenarios to be sufficiently well tested in one-player and PBEM/hotseat that I can be confident it is time to make the secondary scenarios. For now Wilson's Creek is the only 99% finished map, so the other scenarios will still have to be tested using the unappealing beta graphics.

I'm still hoping for a winter release, but that would definitely be post-Christmas.

(in reply to veji1)
Post #: 34
RE: Soooo..... - 10/2/2013 4:44:06 AM   
Gil R.

Still insufficient progress on maps and scenarios, BUT we are just days from opening the thing up to more testers. The key is for the standard scenarios to be sufficiently well tested in one-player and PBEM/hotseat that I can be confident it is time to make the secondary scenarios. For now Wilson's Creek is the only 99% finished map, so the other scenarios will still have to be tested using the unappealing beta graphics.

I'm still hoping for a winter release, but that would definitely be post-Christmas.

(in reply to veji1)
Post #: 35
RE: Soooo..... - 10/7/2013 9:29:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Just calling your attention to beta recruitment here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/announcement.asp?id=22

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 36
RE: Soooo..... - 10/8/2013 4:29:44 AM   
Gil R.

I should add, for current testers, that part of this process includes moving the BAB testing forum, a consequence of which has been that everyone has to re-register in order to continue testing. I've tried sending PM's to advise the currently active testers, but the blasted forum software logs me off each time I try, so I'm posting this here.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 37
RE: Soooo..... - 10/8/2013 1:06:09 PM   
Hexagon

I miss the Flashpoint beta test expect this doenst scape

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 38
RE: Soooo..... - 11/18/2013 7:37:29 PM   
wiking62

How is the beta testing going, and do we have a release date yet?

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 39
RE: Soooo..... - 12/1/2013 1:25:44 PM   
Dorb

Would like to know too, Should I buy FoF on sale now, or keep playing CWII and just wait 6 months for this? Either way I will still get this when it is released, It's just for the sale price listed their are several other games on my list at the same price.

(in reply to wiking62)
Post #: 40
RE: Soooo..... - 12/2/2013 6:43:33 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: hart2412

How is the beta testing going, and do we have a release date yet?

Too soon for a release date. Testing was going well, until a bunch of PBEM bugs were found, and our release of "Storms of Steel" has delayed fixing them. But before long testing should be back in gear.

(in reply to wiking62)
Post #: 41
RE: Soooo..... - 12/2/2013 6:45:09 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Would like to know too, Should I buy FoF on sale now, or keep playing CWII and just wait 6 months for this? Either way I will still get this when it is released, It's just for the sale price listed their are several other games on my list at the same price.

Well, I'm biased, but FOF is widely considered to be the definitive grand strategy game of the period, so I would certainly recommend it.

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 12/2/2013 7:55:41 PM >

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 42
RE: Soooo..... - 12/2/2013 7:31:27 PM   
wiking62

Thanks for the answers Gil.

Looks like I will have to buy FOF and wait patiently for BAB.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 43
RE: Soooo..... - 12/11/2013 6:07:38 PM   
Gil R.

hart2412,
If you've gotten FOF, I hope you are enjoying it.

All,
I figured I'd provide an update on BAB, which is that a new build went up for the testers today, mainly geared towards fixing some PBEM bugs. So, behind the scenes there is still activity...

(in reply to wiking62)
Post #: 44
RE: Soooo..... - 12/30/2013 11:23:33 PM   
Dorb

quote:

ORIGINAL: hart2412

Thanks for the answers Gil.

Looks like I will have to buy FOF and wait patiently for BAB.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Well, I'm biased, but FOF is widely considered to be the definitive grand strategy game of the period, so I would certainly recommend it.

Fair enough and understood, but I'm old school and if it has a manual with it I will buy, with the price point for such a old game right now, I'll wait - but will be a day one purchase for the new and improved version you are working on now.

Keep up the great work Gil.

(in reply to wiking62)
Post #: 45
RE: Soooo..... - 1/17/2014 11:10:07 PM   
Joe Meyer

From everything I've read this game will definitely be supported by the American Civil War Game Club when it is published.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 46
RE: Soooo..... - 1/22/2014 2:39:36 AM   
Gil R.

Great to hear. And the game is definitely moving forward, though slowly. In fact, I'm typing this in the middle of a WCS Skype meeting about BAB maps and moving them along...

(in reply to Joe Meyer)
Post #: 47
RE: Soooo..... - 1/23/2014 1:43:12 PM   
vonRocko

With "world in flames" released and "lock n load" coming out, "BaB" takes the lead in longest development time on
the "coming soon and in development" forums! Congratulations!

oops..I forgot about combined arms. Oh well, second longest.

< Message edited by vonRocko -- 1/23/2014 2:45:43 PM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 48
RE: Soooo..... - 3/27/2014 12:45:28 AM   
KASHANKA

Same story really. Forge of Freedom is a very cool game.

BTW, can you tell us any differences in battle mechanics between this and forge? (other than the obvious - historical maps and regimental scale)?

(in reply to ajarnlance)
Post #: 49
RE: Soooo..... - 3/27/2014 3:50:39 AM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: KASHANKA

Same story really. Forge of Freedom is a very cool game.

BTW, can you tell us any differences in battle mechanics between this and forge? (other than the obvious - historical maps and regimental scale)?

I've addressed a lot of it in old (and very old) threads. Have you looked through those? (This subforum itself is now so old that you might have to go to the top and change the "Display topics from last:" setting to "All Topics" so that you can see most of the threads.)

Here are two that have a lot of information, which I'd be happy to supplement by answering questions:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3367636
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2780594

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to KASHANKA)
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> RE: Soooo..... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI