Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Auto Finish: Where?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA >> Auto Finish: Where? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 5:11:18 AM   
ganderson1

Can somebody explain to me where the Auto Finish button is? The manual says it's supposed to appear after the first lap is completed, but after quite a few completed races I have yet to see it at all. Where and how does it actually appear? Help appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 5:53:51 AM   
Manticore8

It's in the upper right corner of your game screen next to the sound option button. A tooltip will open if you mouse over the icon with an arrow pointing to the left.

(in reply to ganderson1)
Post #: 2
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 1:15:13 PM   
ganderson1

Yeah, that's where I figured it should be -- but it's not there. I've got three icons: sound, main menu, and exit game. I tried running the game in different resolutions (native res is 1920x1080) thinking maybe an icon was getting cut off. But no.

When the color bar appears at top of screen, there is an icon-sized space between it and the sound icon. Is that where the auto-finish icon ought to be? (I tried to get a screenshot, but for some reason print-screen isn't working with Quadriga; not sure why that is.)

(in reply to Manticore8)
Post #: 3
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 1:29:47 PM   
Manticore8

You mentioned that you read in the manual that you have to complete one full lap before the Auto Finish button pops up, which is true. Have you checked after one lap? There are threads here discussing different resolution problems with text and boxes overlapping and stuff. I think I read that all that will be looked at for a future patch. Anything else looked scrunched up or missing?

< Message edited by Manticore8 -- 3/29/2014 2:31:08 PM >

(in reply to ganderson1)
Post #: 4
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 4:00:36 PM   
ganderson1

No, like I mentioned, I have run lots of races all the way to completion. I begin with three icons up in the right corner (sound, menu, exit) and they stay at three only right through to the end.

As to resolution problems: None. Everything else looks and acts normal. I have experimented with different resolutions, but the auto-resolve icon is missing every time.

I wish I could post a screenshot, but every screen capture I attempt comes out wall-to-wall black. Is there a way to run this game in a window...?

(in reply to Manticore8)
Post #: 5
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 6:25:47 PM   
Niessuh

In addition to complete at least one lap, you have to be in one piece in order to have the autofinish button active. If you are being dragged or stunned, the autofinish button is not shown

Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm

(in reply to ganderson1)
Post #: 6
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 6:52:08 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: ganderson1

No, like I mentioned, I have run lots of races all the way to completion. I begin with three icons up in the right corner (sound, menu, exit) and they stay at three only right through to the end.

As to resolution problems: None. Everything else looks and acts normal. I have experimented with different resolutions, but the auto-resolve icon is missing every time.

I wish I could post a screenshot, but every screen capture I attempt comes out wall-to-wall black. Is there a way to run this game in a window...?

There shouldn't be a "menu" or "exit" box during a race. They should only be on the other screens. All I have during a race is "auto finish" (after one lap) and "sound".
Sounds like you have some sort of glitch. Maybe reinstalling will clear it?

Edit: This is for the epic campaign. I see single non campaign races do have those boxes.Sorry.

< Message edited by vonRocko -- 3/29/2014 7:59:08 PM >

(in reply to ganderson1)
Post #: 7
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 9:20:55 PM   
ganderson1

Hmmm. During campaign races, the one and only icon I have is sound. There is, in fact, no way to get out of the race other than play it through to the end. And this has survived a reinstall.

I guess I'll try another reinstall, and if that doesn't fix it, wait for an update that may. Thanks for listening to my tale of woe.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 8
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 10:16:53 PM   
ganderson1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Turnopia

In addition to complete at least one lap, you have to be in one piece in order to have the autofinish button active. If you are being dragged or stunned, the autofinish button is not shown

Well, that's not the case here. I have won races, and finished many more undamaged, all without the autofinish icon ever appearing. The autofinish thing just doesn't happen.

(in reply to Niessuh)
Post #: 9
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/29/2014 11:30:33 PM   
nats

If you have a look here this is what the icons on the top right should look like during an Epic Campaign after the first lap:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3581863&mpage=1&key=�

If they dont look like that you need to reinstall.

"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"

(in reply to ganderson1)
Post #: 10
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/30/2014 4:05:09 AM   
ganderson1

Thanks for the screenshot. I wish that I saw that on my screen! On the race screen I see instead the sound icon, the main menu icon (laurel wreath), and the exit game icon (an X). And no sign of the arrow. Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled (and updated) the game three times now, with no change in the icons. So at this point I'm just going to hope a future update fixes this for me.

(in reply to nats)
Post #: 11
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/30/2014 8:13:40 AM   
LaStarza61

quote:

ORIGINAL: ganderson1

Thanks for the screenshot. I wish that I saw that on my screen! On the race screen I see instead the sound icon, the main menu icon (laurel wreath), and the exit game icon (an X). And no sign of the arrow. Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled (and updated) the game three times now, with no change in the icons. So at this point I'm just going to hope a future update fixes this for me.

That sounds like you're looking at the screen for a single race rather than a campaign race.

(in reply to ganderson1)
Post #: 12
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/30/2014 12:09:57 PM   
nats

Yes he is, that screen shot I showed you was the screen for campaign races, here is the normal single race screen:

So yeah you only get the autofinish icon appearing during campaign races, not single races.

< Message edited by nats -- 3/30/2014 1:11:02 PM >

"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"

(in reply to LaStarza61)
Post #: 13
RE: Auto Finish: Where? - 3/30/2014 5:15:36 PM   
ganderson1

quote:

ORIGINAL: nats
So yeah you only get the autofinish icon appearing during campaign races, not single races.

Quod erat demonstrandum. I thank you. I was focused on the single races, and didn't realize we were doing an apple-and-oranges thing. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

(in reply to nats)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA >> Auto Finish: Where? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI