Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Request: convoy auto setup option

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Request: convoy auto setup option Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Request: convoy auto setup option - 3/30/2014 1:44:03 PM   
Earl Uhtred

One thing that adds serious time and frustration to the setup process is setting up convoys - I have to sit down with pen and paper for half an hour before even beginning to set up the Commonwealth.

Is it possible to add an option to set up convoy points automatically for optimal industrial performance? Of course it would be left to the player to arrange convoys for military supply purposes.

< Message edited by Earl Uhtred -- 3/30/2014 2:45:06 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Request: convoy auto setup option - 3/30/2014 3:07:20 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Earl Uhtred

One thing that adds serious time and frustration to the setup process is setting up convoys - I have to sit down with pen and paper for half an hour before even beginning to set up the Commonwealth.

Is it possible to add an option to set up convoy points automatically for optimal industrial performance? Of course it would be left to the player to arrange convoys for military supply purposes.

use the auto setup. it is almost optimal

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to Earl Uhtred)
Post #: 2
RE: Request: convoy auto setup option - 3/30/2014 3:21:25 PM   
ParJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

use the auto setup. it is almost optimal

For placing convoys it is probably a good idea to use the saved setup. But getting the resources to actually be transported in line with convoy placement ís far from automatic (but the new resource management video helps a lot).

Being able to load and save a default route set (for each MP) could be useful.

Even better would be if during setup one could select where each resource would go and have convoys placed to support that route.

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 3
RE: Request: convoy auto setup option - 3/30/2014 8:11:18 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: oto02

Even better would be if during setup one could select where each resource would go and have convoys placed to support that route.

That is a good idea, but likely would still have to ask the player about some of the longer routes - like go east or west or even more complicated for multiplayer - use Allied CPs? And of course on Turn 1 of Global War the CW and French can set-up their CPs to help each other but this won't take effect in convoy planning until final production when they both are no longer neutral.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 3/30/2014 9:11:56 PM >

Paul

(in reply to ParJ)
Post #: 4
RE: Request: convoy auto setup option - 3/31/2014 5:11:54 AM   
Irish Guards

Nay Wee Ire like ta use the .. err
KISS .. err ... principle ...
IDG

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 5
RE: Request: convoy auto setup option - 3/31/2014 6:23:58 AM   
paulderynck

deleted

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 3/31/2014 7:24:57 AM >

Paul

(in reply to Irish Guards)
Post #: 6
RE: Request: convoy auto setup option - 4/1/2014 4:53:48 PM   
majordefeat

Hello
I am sure everyone has their own way of setting up convoy routes, and I don't mean to say I have a perfect technique in this respect.

But for CW, something I would suggest is to take every convoy you have, and place it in the bay of biscay. Split the stack into a stack of entirely 1 convoy point counters. Having regard to the Production planner, which will show you the possible sources of your resources, start placing routes for convoy of each resource individually by continuous pathway of 1 cp value convoys through contiguous seaboxes (or, if you prefer, by placement of a continuous pathway of x cp value through continuous seaboxes by ctrl-click and select desired number of cps).

Once you have optimised your transport routes, place naval support in nearby ports, and group the cps in the sea box.

Cps go to sentry when placed, which means to move them once placed, you have to right click and de-select the sentry option, or merge then split them as an alternative but inconvenient workaround until you figure out they were put onto sentry and until un-sentried cannot be relocated.

I have found the logistics of distributing 1 cp points into seaboxes from a single source stack as one option which is a bit less hassle over all.

You can check back to the production planner as well as you do this to see whether the placement of a new resource pipeline has had the desired effect (e.g. changed bps, changed used vs unused cps).

Perhaps intuitively for more experienced players the cp points as grouped are easy to place in seaboxes to provide the appropriate pathways.

< Message edited by majordefeat -- 4/1/2014 6:11:50 PM >

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 7
RE: Request: convoy auto setup option - 4/2/2014 3:39:14 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: majordefeat

Hello
I am sure everyone has their own way of setting up convoy routes, and I don't mean to say I have a perfect technique in this respect.

But for CW, something I would suggest is to take every convoy you have, and place it in the bay of biscay. Split the stack into a stack of entirely 1 convoy point counters. Having regard to the Production planner, which will show you the possible sources of your resources, start placing routes for convoy of each resource individually by continuous pathway of 1 cp value convoys through contiguous seaboxes (or, if you prefer, by placement of a continuous pathway of x cp value through continuous seaboxes by ctrl-click and select desired number of cps).

Once you have optimised your transport routes, place naval support in nearby ports, and group the cps in the sea box.

Cps go to sentry when placed, which means to move them once placed, you have to right click and de-select the sentry option, or merge then split them as an alternative but inconvenient workaround until you figure out they were put onto sentry and until un-sentried cannot be relocated.

I have found the logistics of distributing 1 cp points into seaboxes from a single source stack as one option which is a bit less hassle over all.

You can check back to the production planner as well as you do this to see whether the placement of a new resource pipeline has had the desired effect (e.g. changed bps, changed used vs unused cps).

Perhaps intuitively for more experienced players the cp points as grouped are easy to place in seaboxes to provide the appropriate pathways.

You didn't say, but ... in my opinion, using the Global Map is the best way to place convoys into sea areas.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to majordefeat)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Request: convoy auto setup option Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI