Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advice

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Advice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice - 4/2/2014 9:16:00 PM   
Gargoil

I had to hiccup starts - I appears I need to build more military units to be ready for alien aggression. Yet my units appear quite weak (3.4 pwr for a colonial trooper with steel armor and defense deflector device.) Compare that to 8.0 to 10.0 beasts out there.

What am I missing. If I build up say 4 units, and stack them will then defend against there large aliens better? Or can one unit somehow hold off something this big if in the city with a wall?

Please help-
Post #: 1
RE: Advice - 4/4/2014 10:55:02 PM   
StellarRat

You get a +50% increase in attack by having flamers on your troops. Also, getting steel armor is pretty easy. So, research those two things right away. You still lose some troops, but you'll be able to defeat them if you use enough guys. Multiple attacks...oh, and stay away from the tough aliens for a while until you've got even better armor and weapons. You infantry does get a bonus if it's defending a city, BTW.

< Message edited by StellarRat -- 4/4/2014 11:58:56 PM >

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 2
RE: Advice - 5/10/2014 6:36:52 PM   
SKRen

My recommendation is to get Flamers, Steel Armor and the Alien Pheropod. Then capture some Spitters and go after Galeths and Devourers. It'll take about 2-4 guys to take down but once captured they practically make your cities unassailable in the early game. It's a shame this strategy is a necessity with high alien aggression. Personally I think Galeths/Devourers should be much less likely to attack than other Aliens as having waves of 6+ hitting your cities is ridiculous.

(in reply to StellarRat)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Advice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI