Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Game Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Questions - 3/17/2014 2:32:59 PM   
jsberry

What a great game this is - somewhat outdated, but so is my Ram and Video Card, so it's perfect. But some things don't make sense:

(1) Camps - the two in Memphis seems to have a cumulative effect, but the one in Richmond is never replenishes my units there, why?

(2) Training Grounds - are these bonuses cumulative?

(3) Raiders - destroying RR always fails - why?

(4) Instant Battles - does it matter if you put all the cavalry brigades in division under a 2-star general with cavalry bonuses?

(5) Mystery: I am playing the CSA on colonel difficulty w/o weapon upgrades. The years 1861-62 are a breeze. Suddenly, in march 1863, 100K yankees invade Fredrickburg, so I send Lee/Longstreet/Early/Jackson with 150K troops to eject them. Quick Battle: even with the three forts, better general, and more men, I lost 51K casualties and USA lost 8K. He continued to beat me in two more battles in Petersburg and Norfolk, when I had the same advantages. How could that be?

Post #: 1
RE: Game Questions - 4/3/2014 10:41:31 AM   
KASHANKA

quote:

Camps - the two in Memphis seems to have a cumulative effect, but the one in Richmond is never replenishes my units there, why?

Frm what I know, each camp provides the same amount of replacements, that get distributed evenly among all depleted brigades. Perhaps you had a large number of just slightly depleted brigades in the east, while a much smaller number of depleted units in the west.
If you have a huge number of depleted units and each gets just circa 50 men or less in replacements every turn, chances are that its not going to be really visible to you as a player.
Try adding more camps and see if the replacement rates still seem to be zero.

quote:

Instant Battles - does it matter if you put all the cavalry brigades in division under a 2-star general with cavalry bonuses?

Yes, as far as I know. the 2 star guy will provide bonuses to units in his division.

quote:

(3) Raiders - destroying RR always fails - why?

I've been playing the Yanks recently, and I think I remember the PO pulling off a RR destruction operation sucessfully.

quote:

(5) Mystery: I am playing the CSA on colonel difficulty w/o weapon upgrades. The years 1861-62 are a breeze. Suddenly, in march 1863, 100K yankees invade Fredrickburg, so I send Lee/Longstreet/Early/Jackson with 150K troops to eject them. Quick Battle: even with the three forts, better general, and more men, I lost 51K casualties and USA lost 8K. He continued to beat me in two more battles in Petersburg and Norfolk, when I had the same advantages. How could that be?

Have no idea, but it might be several factors:
1) Unit experience and attributes. Self explanatory.
2) Who was the "attacker"? Sometimes the defender can really benefit.
3) Unit types. You sure that your army wasn't 95% infantry, while the Yanks had a huge number of cannons?

Also, and this is very important - you used instant battles or quick battles? My personal advice would be to use either Instant or Detailed battles. Quick battles seem to have a few bugs.

(in reply to jsberry)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Game Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI