Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moving units and Map size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Moving units and Map size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving units and Map size - 2/28/2014 7:13:32 PM   
USScoralsea

Can someone tell me what the Max map size is that will be accepted by the scenario editor ?

Now with the 2.00 update, is it possible to move platoon units from the West Front OOB into the East Front OOB ?? If it is possible, how do you do it ?

Love the platoon additions to Finland with the update. Would be nice if Germany got the Panzer IV J as well.
Post #: 1
RE: Moving units and Map size - 2/28/2014 8:05:42 PM   
Warhorse

Will look into IV J, wasn't too much different than IV H, took out the electric traverse, added steel mesh to sides, extended front hull sides, turret armor thickness increased, Nahverteidigungswaffe added for smoke/close defense, also fuel cap increased, and vertical mufflers. Problem is Germany running out of numbers to assign...

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to USScoralsea)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving units and Map size - 2/28/2014 11:01:53 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: USScoralsea

Can someone tell me what the Max map size is that will be accepted by the scenario editor ?

As far as I am aware of, the maximum map size is limited by the performance of your computer.

Extremely large maps will be in the GB's of size. Not really all that playable.

Jason Petho

(in reply to USScoralsea)
Post #: 3
RE: Moving units and Map size - 3/1/2014 4:04:48 PM   
TheGrayMouser

The manual states 500 hexes wide as the max ( which should be plenty!)

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 4
RE: Moving units and Map size - 3/1/2014 5:10:35 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gray Mouser

The manual is only up to 1.04. Due to time constraints for release, we decided to release the UPDATE and add manual additions in the forum until it could be officially released in a later UPDATE.

You can find some of the manual revisions here:

Manual Updates

That being said, the 500 hex limit has been removed and is now dependent on your computer hardware specs.

Jason Petho

(in reply to TheGrayMouser)
Post #: 5
RE: Moving units and Map size - 3/1/2014 5:33:42 PM   
TheGrayMouser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gray Mouser

The manual is only up to 1.04. Due to time constraints for release, we decided to release the UPDATE and add manual additions in the forum until it could be officially released in a later UPDATE.

You can find some of the manual revisions here:

Manual Updates

That being said, the 500 hex limit has been removed and is now dependent on your computer hardware specs.

Jason Petho

Holy cow, unlimited hex sizes, Army Group sized scenarios here we come! (just kidding, takes the AI 15 plus minutes to take its turn in corp size
scenarios, which is my limit of patience.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 6
RE: Moving units and Map size - 4/6/2014 4:12:13 AM   
Dumnorix

quote:

Now I can run my maps bigger like 500 hex wiide without the german map editor - they had no limitation but supports not all hex typs.
Looks like H.Balck should come back to JTCS and show you a new terrain and new units. But without png support it looks to boring to set my 3d units and terrain in this old - but best - engine.

With png support I give this engine a chance to a new improved level.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2945945&mpage=4

Here is an quick example for one of my 3d model output as UP graphic for JTCS in png file format:

Its the PlA Main Tank ZTZ-99 (Type 99)
In this wise I can produce all Modern Warfare unit - and BTW also all WW2 units in 3 min per unit. I have them all in 3d for Poser - and BTW full animated ! It would be nice to see the Running feature as movement animation for all units and possible also as attack animation different for every unit. Possible also an special Wreck png in all 6 directions different for every unit. Thats what I call a new level for JTCS.

Unit info pictures would look like this one:

I don't know - but it looks like the new upcoming Modern Warfare used the old Vanilla Style 15 years old pixel units. It would be better to use high poly models.
And also a new terrain style looks more like 250 m per Hex. I show you some quick examples next !

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 4/6/2014 7:07:13 AM >

(in reply to TheGrayMouser)
Post #: 7
RE: Moving units and Map size - 4/6/2014 9:05:14 AM   
LoneWulf63

I am working on an extremely large map of the Vietnam DMZ area at the moment. As Jason said, basically the performance of your computer determines the maximum size of your maps.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 8
RE: Moving units and Map size - 4/6/2014 1:36:30 PM   
Dumnorix

quote:

extremely large map

What is extremely large map for you ? My biggest JTCS meets PG3D had 800x600 Hexfields. Do you mean bigger ?

H.Balck

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 9
RE: Moving units and Map size - 4/6/2014 4:46:39 PM   
LoneWulf63

Not quite as big as your map, but still big. At the moment it is 428 hexes x 340 hexes but by the end of this year (I have more map projects that I need to begin) it will grow to at least 500 to 600 hexes in width and 1200 hexes in height.

< Message edited by resinslinger -- 4/6/2014 5:48:17 PM >

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Moving units and Map size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI