Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kharkov 1943 scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> Kharkov 1943 scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kharkov 1943 scenario - 3/17/2014 5:03:54 AM   
jonj01

This scenario is to be played as human vs computer. Human must be Germans. The scenario is pretty large and 24 turns. The Russians have very few carried support weapons...the AI behaves very badly when support weapons are just lying around (like running unit after unit out in the open to get the support weapon). I have more weapon and gun teams and longer range squads for the russians to make up for the lack of support weapons.

It was made with version 1.06. I played tested it many times to get it balanced. (I used hard setting..no roll advantage to human)..but if you have suggestions just post them below.

There are several turns of reinforcements for both sides.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jonj01 -- 3/17/2014 6:15:19 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Kharkov 1943 scenario - 3/18/2014 12:21:43 AM   
Cataphract88

Thanks for making this available to us.

Richard

(in reply to jonj01)
Post #: 2
RE: Kharkov 1943 scenario - 4/7/2014 11:26:56 AM   
SGHunt

I have now played this scenario twice (both on hard). I lost the first game with only 5 victory hexes (out of 10 required)and won the second with 15 victory hexes. This is as it should be!!! A really excellent and challenging mixed arms assault scenario - many thanks. I am surprised at the lack of commentary for what is one of the best scenarios I have yet played in the game. More of these sorts of scenarios, with this sort of mix of infantry and armour (maybe just a tad less armour?), please.

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 3
RE: Kharkov 1943 scenario - 4/7/2014 1:38:20 PM   
jonj01

Yea.....Yea...somebody played my scenario. I'm so glad you liked it. Thanks.
Good job in your victory....you really have to move it...or you are screwed.
All the russian armor at the end is supposed to be fodder for the two tigers. Did you basically control the city before the very last russian reinforcements came in OR did you have to push all those t-34s out of the city??

I played it 4 times myself before I posted it and if I didn't have the victory hexes needed before the guards tank battalion rolls in...I lost.

< Message edited by jonj01 -- 4/7/2014 3:43:49 PM >

(in reply to SGHunt)
Post #: 4
RE: Kharkov 1943 scenario - 4/7/2014 8:25:03 PM   
Punisher

Yes this is a really excellent and challenging longer scenario. Thank you for posting! Keep them coming please!

(in reply to jonj01)
Post #: 5
RE: Kharkov 1943 scenario - 4/8/2014 3:27:26 AM   
baloo7777

Finished this scenario on normal and had 5 of 10 hexes needed. Still a loss though. Lots of fun. Thanks for making it.

JRR

(in reply to Punisher)
Post #: 6
RE: Kharkov 1943 scenario - 4/9/2014 12:11:41 PM   
SGHunt

Jon

I had only reached the outskirts when the first T34's arrived - I had to blast them, and next wave of KV's, out of the city (using a Pz III round the back for some sneaky rear shots, as well as the heavy stuff. Then I was popping the last wave of Russian armour as it advanced from the suburbs, both from within the city and from alongside the woods to the West - lost one Tiger and several other tanks, but in the end it felt like I had completely broken them. The casualties among their infantry were enormous as they threw everything in in the last couple of turns.

One curiosity - when I looked at the map at the end of the scenario, I noticed two T34's sitting idle behind the three hex victory location building in the suburbs. What was their mission? Do they need a tweak on the AI script?

Anyway, more of these size of fights, please. 2nd battle of Kharkov - sealing the gap behind Popov?

Thanks again

(in reply to jonj01)
Post #: 7
RE: Kharkov 1943 scenario - 4/9/2014 2:56:46 PM   
jonj01

I gave those bitches orders. They were supposed to go with a given move group adjacent to the nearest stone building of the city.
(not the freakin three hex building in the village).
This is a problem if you have too many victory hexes.

Also I bet you already had most of the victory hexes in the city. The AI wanted to hold on to some victory hexes.

Thanks for the feedback...I will condense my victory hex concentration to one specific location.

< Message edited by jonj01 -- 4/9/2014 4:25:45 PM >

(in reply to SGHunt)
Post #: 8
RE: Kharkov 1943 scenario - 4/9/2014 3:10:15 PM   
jonj01

quote:

ORIGINAL: von Jaeger

Anyway, more of these size of fights, please. 2nd battle of Kharkov - sealing the gap behind Popov?

Thanks again

you read my mind.

I love the four battles of Kharkov. The 2nd and 3rd were the most dynamic. This scenario "to pavlograd" was from the 3rd battle of Kharkov. A very small part of von Mansteins master stroke to preserve the entire south front from disintegration after Stalingrad.

I am actually working on a 9-10 scenario Campaign for the 2nd battle of Kharkov (1942). So much happened in that battle. And unlike Stalingrad that also showed great offensive and defensive actions from both the Soviets and the Germans,2nd Kharkov happened mainly in the open and all happened in a 16 day period...and had way more big pushes and big defenses than Stalingrad. The military units had way more kinetic energy than they did in Stalingrad...moving alot faster both on offense and defense.

Actually, in my humble opinion no other battle on the entire eastern front had so much going on, than the 2nd battle of Kharkov.

(in reply to SGHunt)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> Kharkov 1943 scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI