Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Qvadriga 1.20 What's New?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA >> Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/8/2014 8:37:07 PM   
dirwulf

What is new in 1.20?

I noticed the volume control right away. Thank you!

Also, the updater couldn't update 3 files as it said they were in use. I didn't write the file names down though, sorry.

< Message edited by dirwulf -- 4/8/2014 9:39:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/8/2014 9:15:23 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Just posted the announcement with change list.

Those files are menu files that your computer should replace automatically the next time you restart.

(in reply to dirwulf)
Post #: 2
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/10/2014 2:38:50 PM   
nats

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

Those files are menu files that your computer should replace automatically the next time you restart.

This needs putting into your patch announcement post or people will not continue with the download and we will start getting loads of messages on this forum about it.

"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 3
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/11/2014 8:56:30 AM   
nats

I really like in the new patch the way the race results get listed gradually as teams finish the race, I now find myself watching the end of the race to see who finishes, its a shame you can zoom out the view though to see whats is still going on in the race once you have finished, or perhaps scroll the view to the finish line. That would be much better than just watching your own chariot go around.

I also noticed my leader can get straight into the leaderboard on a new course if he wins a race, thats nice I didnt see that before. But what I dont understand is how leaders seem to get carried over to other courses, for example if you move to a new course to get away from a high ranked local leader you often find that the same high ranking leader is still on the local leaderboard on the new course. I would have thought that if a team move away from a course they should no longer appear on the local board? Doesnt the local board just show present local racers? I dont think a high ranking leader should be able to win one race, take a high board place and then leave the course and have his name remain on that board forever. It should only be there if he is still racing on the course.

And do leaders follow you around? I seem to be unable to get rid of them no matter how much I relocate. Surely moving to a lower ranked racetrack should enable you to get your name on the board easier without loads of high ranking names on it?

< Message edited by nats -- 4/11/2014 9:58:36 AM >

"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"

(in reply to nats)
Post #: 4
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/11/2014 6:19:28 PM   
jimwinsor

"And do leaders follow you around?" Yes they do a lot I've noticed, it's like they're stalking you almost.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to nats)
Post #: 5
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/15/2014 8:16:09 AM   
Niessuh

Leaders are touring the circuses of a region, so you are likely to encounter the same circus leaders when changing circuses in the same region. When you change region that probability decreases, and more new local leaders are prone to appear

Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 6
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/17/2014 3:11:54 PM   
CaptCarnage

When I was in Greece as a Syrian team there was a 15V dude leading my faction in Greece and globally - then I went to Rome and for the first two races this guy was still Global leader but then my 13V became global leader - he never showed up in Rome but I suppose he got wasted in Greece while I left it.

(in reply to Niessuh)
Post #: 7
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/17/2014 6:44:10 PM   
Manticore8

I want to thank the devs for the latest patch which included great after-race results info...very nice! I think a few more small tweaks and the game's near perfect for my purposes.

The Auto-Finish button, while absolutely necessary, still presents some game "ethics" problems for me and I'm not sure how to adjust it to stay in the game without making me feel like I need a shower after using it.

(in reply to CaptCarnage)
Post #: 8
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/17/2014 7:31:23 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manticore8
The Auto-Finish button, while absolutely necessary, still presents some game "ethics" problems for me and I'm not sure how to adjust it to stay in the game without making me feel like I need a shower after using it.

What is the "ethics" issue? You can achieve the exact same result by spending another 20 minutes going slowly around the track. Besides, its a single player game, so who is being "cheated"? I don't really see any issue with this mechanism at all...

(in reply to Manticore8)
Post #: 9
RE: Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? - 4/17/2014 11:31:20 PM   
Manticore8

Sorry, moved to Auto Finish topic.

< Message edited by Manticore8 -- 4/18/2014 2:42:47 AM >

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA >> Qvadriga 1.20 What's New? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI