Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CC5 What I don't like

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> CC5 What I don't like Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CC5 What I don't like - 9/27/2013 8:27:05 PM   
vobbnobb

1. Mortar units carrying around empty 81mm tube. WHY?
2. Mortar crew assisting setting up of empty mortar tube while they have inline green sight of incoming German units
3. German scouts (all of them) outrun a US 30 cal mg team, while in open field ::big roll eyes here::
4. German flamethrower took out sherman on side frontal armor?
5. Far too often an mg in the field wipes out my team inside building in great cover while he has poor and shots all miss him in open area..
6. Far too often when running building to building the guys use the sides and get killed rather than using building cover..
7. German Flame Thrower team of 2 took out 18 of my guys. Yes 18. My guys were all in brush with some in road. They were in open field..
Post #: 1
RE: CC5 What I don't like - 9/27/2013 11:10:41 PM   
mooxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: vobbnobb

2. Mortar crew assisting setting up of empty mortar tube while they have inline green sight of incoming German units
3. German scouts (all of them) outrun a US 30 cal mg team, while in open field ::big roll eyes here::
4. German flamethrower took out sherman on side frontal armor?
5. Far too often an mg in the field wipes out my team inside building in great cover while he has poor and shots all miss him in open area..
6. Far too often when running building to building the guys use the sides and get killed rather than using building cover..
7. German Flame Thrower team of 2 took out 18 of my guys. Yes 18. My guys were all in brush with some in road. They were in open field..

1. Do you mean when you move your mortar team around after they expended all rounds? I suppose in all CC this is done. No unit can ditch their primary weapon. Is it possible for a mortar team to scavenge mortars? Anyways, the feature you want just isn't coded in the game.

2. Yeah that could be annoying. I'v never even thought of that before.

4. I'd think a flamethrower close range would be deadly to any tank. Burning fuel pouring into viewing slots or open hatches would be deadly. Material burning on the outside of the hull and the smoke going into the tank can also be deadly.

6. Some version of CC make the soldiers use the doorways, others let them go through the walls. Some even let you blast holes in walls, while others do not. Its a preference.

7. Flamethrowers have a huge psychological effect in soldiers. Even if they score a near miss, the effect is deadly. In CC this makes them go prone and unable to respond to orders quickly. Usually if the FT gets off the first shot, the other team is in grave danger of being wiped out. If the other teams get the first shot off at the FT team, they will go prone. FT teams are very easy to suppress.

As for the cover your men were using, just think about blobs of liquid gasoline on fire flowing to the lowest point, just like water. Thats not how its coded in game though.

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 2
RE: CC5 What I don't like - 9/28/2013 3:30:13 AM   
Tejszd

For 6 make sure you use Move going building to building if they are attached or very close instead of Move Fast. Move Fast will have your men taking taking the easiest terrain rather than worry about protection thus you will have them run out a door way and down street to another door way rather than climbing out a window (or going through a wall) and then through another window (or wall).

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 3
RE: CC5 What I don't like - 4/9/2014 8:40:40 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

For the same reason you wouldn't leave your rifle behind just because you ran out of ammo.

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 4
RE: CC5 What I don't like - 4/10/2014 3:54:57 AM   
CGGrognard

Flame throwers can be very effective especially against infantry and usually against armor. The best defense is to take them out as soon as possible. You should have two squads moving at the same time so if one gets ambushed by a FT, the other can lay down suppression fire or hopefully eliminate the FT team. Remember to use the 'move' command rather than the 'move fast' command when possible. Your soldiers are more alert when 'moving'. Moving fast should only be used when there's no expectation of encountering the enemy. Or to run away from those pesky mortar rounds! :)

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 5
RE: CC5 What I don't like - 4/13/2014 8:42:59 PM   
vobbnobb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

quote:

For the same reason you wouldn't leave your rifle behind just because you ran out of ammo.

Not even close, and doesn't have a thing to do with dropping a rfile.. You would never see a ww2 soldier carrying an empty tube with nothing else to protect himself he would drop that and use a carbine for .45 at least.
Many people think there is not much to mortar teams as far as capturing or assaulting or defending but they DO. Mortar teams may just be your last resort to winning a battle and if there not armed right or fatigued with no ammo and an empty piece of steel its not good.

< Message edited by vobbnobb -- 4/13/2014 9:46:24 PM >

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 6
RE: CC5 What I don't like - 4/13/2014 11:01:24 PM   
mooxe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

quote:

Not even close, and doesn't have a thing to do with dropping a rfile.. You would never see a ww2 soldier carrying an empty tube with nothing else to protect himself he would drop that and use a carbine for .45 at least.
Many people think there is not much to mortar teams as far as capturing or assaulting or defending but they DO. Mortar teams may just be your last resort to winning a battle and if there not armed right or fatigued with no ammo and an empty piece of steel its not good.

The only way to really change this is to implement a new command like abandon mortar. The section drops the primary weapon and carries on as infantry. Same could be used for tanks and antitank guns. But if you do that you should definitely lose that weapon in your battlegroup.

< Message edited by mooxe -- 4/14/2014 12:06:47 AM >

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> CC5 What I don't like Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI