Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/1/2014 10:38:25 PM   
zuluhour

On the other hand, I'm glad it's not the real deal .....You know, after bombing Japan in '42.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 91
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/1/2014 10:39:08 PM   
zuluhour

Oh look! Here comes one of the staff!

removed! wrong staff.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 4/1/2014 11:42:49 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 92
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/1/2014 10:47:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

I'd just like to say for the record (I'm always wrong in this game so you are safe), you two have no chance of winning this. Its like putting two Benny Hills in a nudist colony and telling them to keep their eyes shut.

That's not entirely fair.

There's always the possibility of one of the Allied admirals being kidnapped in perpetuity by some Kiowa raiding party. Or meteorite strike. Or a fleet of Rigellian battle cruisers could arrive and spoil the whole show.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 93
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/1/2014 10:54:02 PM   
zuluhour

I believe the most likely to be "C", the fleet of Rigellian battle cruisers arrive.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 94
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/1/2014 11:00:37 PM   
witpqs

Bah! That was a gimme. There's always a Rigellian battle cruiser arriving in orbit.

They need something infinitely improbable.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 95
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/1/2014 11:27:35 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Admirarhr Rord SPrior;

I bereive caucasion-mens making fun of us again.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 96
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/2/2014 11:42:22 PM   
Rio Bravo

quote:

I'd just like to say for the record (I'm always wrong in this game so you are safe), you two have no chance of winning this. Its like putting two Benny Hills in a nudist colony and telling them to keep their eyes shut.

Just busting up.

"No one throws me my own guns and tells me to run. No one."

-Bret (James Coburn); The Magnificent Seven

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 97
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/8/2014 9:20:36 PM   
zuluhour

I'd just like to say I am having a ball interviewing personnel for your new staff. 

ps. Dear Madrake and LADM Sprior, I took liberties with the dress code.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 4/8/2014 10:24:40 PM >

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 98
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/8/2014 9:22:56 PM   
zuluhour

of course I'm having a major problem interviewing new TWITs.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 4/8/2014 10:23:43 PM >

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 99
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/8/2014 9:41:10 PM   
kaleun

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 100
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/8/2014 9:50:52 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

I'd just like to say I am having a ball interviewing personnel for your new staff. 

ps. Dear Madrake and LADM Sprior, I took liberties with the dress code.

What! You're allowing staff to wear glasses now! Have you no decency!

BTW, that unit is more top-heavy than Fuso and Yamashiro. Bound to cause balance and stability issues.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 101
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/8/2014 10:01:35 PM   
kaleun

Liable to overturn with a single torpedo hit.

Hmm, that's not bad is it?

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 102
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/9/2014 3:29:01 AM   
Chickenboy

I must say that I have a place on my staff for that one. Fnar fnar...

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 103
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/9/2014 4:26:43 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Computer problems my end. Just recieived new laptop tonight. It appears I need the DL auth from Matrix

Fortunately, I did register the damn thing.

Simply copying the files with a big flash drive does.....wait for it....NOT work.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 104
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/9/2014 5:21:44 AM   
witpqs

It works as far as it goes, but the game's installation does put the serial number or something into a Windows Registry Key which the game checks when it starts up. So basically (unless you put that stuff in manually too) you need to do one installation, then you can copy to the other installations you have (multiple installs to cover the different PBMs, right?) and even copy over the files you 'installed'.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 105
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/9/2014 1:30:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Dear Miss Penerope;

Thank you for your apprication as Greater Co-prosperity Sphere Engrish ranguage broadcaster. Prease to send picture of your breasteses for security photograph.

Sincerery:

Cpt. Watanaka

Southern Freet Security Officer.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 106
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/11/2014 5:43:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********Kaga, berow deck, undiscrosed rocation*************

Boilerman First Crass Hara Kenji, risten to this....old harbor . . .a rong rance reaps in....Arizona brow up

Kenji Ahhh...very beautiful. Peacefuh

WO Belushi-san <passing buy...stops...rooks at camera..grabs notepad and rips to shreds> Hara, if I EVER catch you reading that haiku
**** again you are getting your own private bunk...INSIDE boiler number one. And what did I tell you idiots about OPSEC?

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 107
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/11/2014 10:09:01 PM   
uncivil_servant

Starting it off with a dual homage to 1941 AND Animal House (Anjin). I see you are trying to appease the ancestral gods of your house to bring you Wa and much Karma.

Belushi-sama forgot to look stage right and say, "ahh so sorry"

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Post #: 108
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/11/2014 10:21:12 PM   
Wirraway_Ace

WO Belushi is confident that the Germans will take out Pearl Harbor, leaving the KB free to strike Manila and support the drive into the DEI.

(in reply to uncivil_servant)
Post #: 109
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/11/2014 10:40:27 PM   
poodlebrain

Did you run out of Douglas Adams material already?

Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.

Post #: 110
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/12/2014 4:43:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Not at all. Do you think bad Haiku just sprang from the ether?

(in reply to poodlebrain)
Post #: 111
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/12/2014 4:50:26 PM   
witpqs

Whenever you have subversive thoughts, such as that this AAR has run out of material, look at post #98.

Post #: 112
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/12/2014 5:03:13 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Whenever you have subversive thoughts, such as that this AAR has run out of material, look at post #98.

Yes! Exactry! Do Japan-mens have to exprain everything? European-mens have big noses but still not get enough oxygen for brains.

Japan-mens officer with name Watanaka trying to get pictures of breastesses of womans. That-ah funny. Japan-mens not-ah going to exprain everything to Coroniarists.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 113
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/12/2014 5:25:38 PM   
kaleun

Clouds gather in sky
The world wonders to start
Cherry blossoms blow away

Sun Tzu

Post #: 114
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/12/2014 5:35:30 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Clouds gather in sky

See. Young Kareun gets it. He has-ah Japan-mens sensibirity. Haiku poem about Pearh Harbor must necessarirry drive from
ancient Vogon infruences..

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 115
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/12/2014 7:28:29 PM   
poodlebrain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Clouds gather in sky

See. Young Kareun gets it. He has-ah Japan-mens sensibirity. Haiku poem about Pearh Harbor must necessarirry drive from
ancient Vogon infruences..

Your pilots would probably be better off practicing their flying than listening to poetry. It's not easy to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.

Post #: 116
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/12/2014 8:10:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**********Pirots Briefing Rome, Akagi, TF 42, undiscrosed rocation, Dec 3, 1942(d)***************

Cmdr Fuchida: Look, as of today, there will be NO, repat NO, haiku or other Vogon-derived poetry in the air group! Do I make myself clear?

Pirots: HAI!

Cmdr Fuchida: And another thing...I don't know where this "throwing yourself at the ground" idea got started. If you want to die for the Emperor then volunteer for the damn sucide subs. Those aircraft BELONG to the Emperor. We need them. This war might last 6 months. We can't have a bunch of hotheads with snotrags on their heads destroying all the equipment. I don't care if you have both arms shot off and the cockpit is on fire. If you have to, use your **** to pull out of the dive. Do I make myself clear?

Pirots: HAI!

Ensign Toyoda: <raises hand and is recognized with a nearly imperceptible nod> Honorable Commander, sir, how do we take out **** if both arms shot off?

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 4/12/2014 9:15:39 PM >

(in reply to poodlebrain)
Post #: 117
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/13/2014 6:38:02 PM   
Cap Mandrake

We are so going to get our asses kicked.

Should we move OIL from Port Arthur or will the Refinery there use it all...in which case we move the fuel?

Post #: 118
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/13/2014 6:40:07 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Agreed.

quote:

Should we move OIL from Port Arthur or will the Refinery there use it all...in which case we move the fuel?

Move neither for the time being. The HI (heavy industry) in China, Manchuko and Korea will need that fuel. Eventually, you can move some of that oil to the HI (home islands), but nothing you need to focus on right now.

Post #: 119
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/13/2014 6:46:54 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

don't need to. Let it there for the moment. Just start ASAP to create CS convoys from Fusan to HI and from Hokkaido to Japan to bring there resources.
You don't even need to immediately start brining fuel/oil from the SRA/DEI. Focus on securing the sealanes first

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI