Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR's & Threads

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> AAR's & Threads Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR's & Threads - 4/16/2014 12:17:04 AM   
pjwheeling

I am seriously considering purchasing Empires in Arms. I have never played the board game, but have read the Merat Tutorial, and Raleigh's Tips. I am disappointed that the past threads and AAR's have been removed. Is there an archive that I can have access to? I can tell that this is a complex game. The dead forum makes me fear that there may be little support if I run into issues. Is anyone still playing this game?

Patrick Wheeling

I cannot help but think that great results would have been obtained had my views been thought better of; yet I am much inclined to accept the present condition as for the best.

General James Longstreet
Post #: 1
RE: AAR's & Threads - 4/16/2014 12:19:18 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: pjwheeling

I am seriously considering purchasing Empires in Arms. I have never played the board game, but have read the Merat Tutorial, and Raleigh's Tips. I am disappointed that the past threads and AAR's have been removed. Is there an archive that I can have access to? I can tell that this is a complex game. The dead forum makes me fear that there may be little support if I run into issues. Is anyone still playing this game?

Patrick Wheeling

Hi here is where you can access some previous AARs for the game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=523&tmode=1&smode=1&p=1

Make it so!

(in reply to pjwheeling)
Post #: 2
RE: AAR's & Threads - 4/16/2014 12:28:25 PM   
pzgndr

The AARs are still there. Look at the display topics button and select "All Topics"; that shows everything before the past 365 days.

There are still some ongoing games at Generals HQ and elsewhere AFAIK. The forum has been a bit dead but the developer Marshall Ellis is still poking at the code and plans to make additional improvements. Maybe the release of this latest v1.20 patch will help re-energize folks. Work on the next v1.21 patch is underway with some more bug fixes and AI enhancements. It's getting better, slowly.

If you get the game, check out the updated v1.20 Game Manual in the \Manuals folder. There are lots of player notes and a couple of strategy articles in the back to help new players get started. Enjoy!

(in reply to pjwheeling)
Post #: 3
RE: AAR's & Threads - 4/16/2014 1:35:23 PM   
pjwheeling

Thank you. I never noticed that button before. The "All Topics" Button did the trick.

Patrick

I cannot help but think that great results would have been obtained had my views been thought better of; yet I am much inclined to accept the present condition as for the best.

General James Longstreet

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> AAR's & Threads Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI