Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will most scens be fixed for ver 5.0?????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Will most scens be fixed for ver 5.0????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will most scens be fixed for ver 5.0????? - 3/14/2001 3:15:00 PM   
Skotty

I know you folks are very busy, but I hope WB and the like have had time to make most of the original scens issued with the DL'd game be made compatable with ver 5.0. I have come across 2 examples of funky units. First, in "Steel Shield", the big scen on the western front, the sig38 Grilles show up as tank crews, which was a nasty surprise for my 76mm AT crew when they got whacked by it. Second, in "Buffalo Soldiers", the inf engineer squad shows up as fast response arty in the the place where you order the unit to clear/place/ignore mines. Lastly, in "No Easy Place", the reinforcement units fired AA on the prebombardment russkie airstrikes. I had this occur a looooong time ago in the scen "The French Move" against french prebomb airstrikes. Thanks, Skotty

Post #: 1
- 3/14/2001 4:14:00 PM   
Don

Yes! I believe they've all been gone through, and should work fine in 5.0.

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 2
- 3/15/2001 3:09:00 AM   
Supervisor

:) WB said he was updating more than 170 scenarios in SPWAW 5, but just in case there's one The Master might of missed, here is a link to a thread on how to update them yourself by one of our cagey veterans Warhorse. http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=004244 :cool:

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 3
- 3/15/2001 4:21:00 AM   
Skotty

Oh well, thanks for the quick replies, but the Warhorse suggested work around didn't work for me. In Steel Shield scen, loading it in the editor then saving it immediately, didn't fix the problem with the sig38t Grille. And when I attempt to change the unit in the editor, after I select the unit in the buy screen to replace it and return to the deploy map, poof!, the units are I changed are gone. Also, when I delete the problem fomation in the buy screen and purchase new sig38t, they don't show up on the map and come as player 1 units in the formation menu screen. I might be doing something wrong that I am not aware of, but I dont' think so. I guess I will wait a bit till ver 5.0 is released to see if this works. And the reinforcements firing at prebomb airstrikes looks like a bug more than OOB ver compatability Thanks, Skotty

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 4
- 3/15/2001 6:06:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I'm working on it Skotty. I hope I get 'em all. If not, let me know when you get it..WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 5
- 3/16/2001 3:21:00 AM   
Skotty

I know you are bustin butt WB, and we all appreciate it!

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Will most scens be fixed for ver 5.0????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI