Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/19/2014 9:34:32 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Questions:

1) Does bombing alone of SE Oz trigger emergency Australian replacements?

2) What about New Zealand? Same question. Also, is there a trigger line in NZ for land invasion or is it the while thing?

3) How long does it take for 14 Kt TK's to get from Panama, SanDiego and the East Coast US to Perth via the canal/Atlantic/IO?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 181
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/19/2014 9:39:44 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Questions:

1) Does bombing alone of SE Oz trigger emergency Australian replacements? No.

2) What about New Zealand? Same question. No. Also, is there a trigger line in NZ for land invasion or is it the while thing? Whole thing.

3) How long does it take for 14 Kt TK's to get from Panama, SanDiego and the East Coast US to Perth via the canal/Atlantic/IO?

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 182
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/19/2014 9:52:47 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Right, so here is pran for South Pacific.

1) Early buildup of Rabaul...already have construction troops and aviation support there. We attack tomorrow

2) Early seizure of ports and airfields at Noumea, Fiji and Pago Pago (already embarked and waiting for carrier support)

3) Seizure and air buildup on Lord Howe and Norfolk. Then we start bombing Sydney and Brisbane and NZ. Drive Arries crazy...they send carriers with crappy Brewsters...we brow them up.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 183
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 1:21:30 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Right, so here is pran for South Pacific.

1) Early buildup of Rabaul...already have construction troops and aviation support there. We attack tomorrow

2) Early seizure of ports and airfields at Noumea, Fiji and Pago Pago (already embarked and waiting for carrier support)

3) Seizure and air buildup on Lord Howe and Norfolk. Then we start bombing Sydney and Brisbane and NZ. Drive Arries crazy...they send carriers with crappy Brewsters...we brow them up.

What kind of seizure? Grand Mal? Petite Mal. You're a doctor - can't you treat that so you just politely ask the sheep ranchers there to step aside?

BTW, about travel times ... about 30 days EC to Cape Town, another 10-14 days just to get on-map in the IO.
Never hauled fuel from Panama, but new arrival xAKs at 14 Kts take about two weeks to get on-map.

I hear the Aussies are working on a coconut oil substitute for the black stuff. That's why they want to fight for those malarial islands up north.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 184
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 1:54:42 AM   
ny59giants

You can got from Eastern USA to Cape Town at Full Speed and not use up any fuel nor get any additional damage to your ships. It cuts down the transit time, too.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 185
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 2:05:38 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

You can got from Eastern USA to Cape Town at Full Speed and not use up any fuel nor get any additional damage to your ships. It cuts down the transit time, too.

Yeah, but nobody does that unless their opponents land at Mersing on turn 1.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 186
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 12:07:46 PM   
zuluhour

WWII(d)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 4/20/2014 1:08:16 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 187
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 12:09:00 PM   
zuluhour

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 188
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 1:23:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

OK, where-ah perp who take that-ah picture?

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 189
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 1:26:14 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Yeah, but nobody does that unless their opponents land at Mersing on turn 1.

You know, when Rord Admirah SPrior come in here and see that-ah you criticize randing at Mersing I not responsibuh for actions.

He from Hokkaido, different isrand than me. They have different sense of humor. He rikery to tie you up with watah buffaro sausage and drag you around South China Sea.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 190
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 2:15:01 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Most honorabre Captain-san,

Far be it for me to suggest how to conduct your most excerrent war. But I am duty bound to suggest to you that you may wish to attack before attempting construction of Rabaul airfield. Austrarians raff at you otherwise.

Domo!

Post #: 191
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 2:17:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

This pran is brirriant. Mandrake-san surprised no admirahs think of this before.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 192
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 2:18:44 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Most honorabre Captain-san,

Far be it for me to suggest how to conduct your most excerrent war. But I am duty bound to suggest to you that you may wish to attack before attempting construction of Rabaul airfield. Austrarians raff at you otherwise.

Domo!

HAI! We bring arong Kimura Det. and Kure 1st SNRF

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 193
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 2:42:02 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Does a landing in Tasmania trigger emergency Australian reinforcements?

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 4/20/2014 4:14:07 PM >

Post #: 194
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 3:34:21 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

What woman in WWII (D) would risk her nylon stockings like that! Must be under the effects of "reefer madness"!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 195
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 3:50:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Of course, this will require some cooperation from Arries (in terms of ships sinking)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 196
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 3:51:36 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

What woman in WWII (D) would risk her nylon stockings like that! Must be under the effects of "reefer madness"!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 197
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 3:54:30 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

I think so, but I can't remember the keystrokes that bring up the number code on each hex that identifies which ones
trigger reinforcements. IIRC, 100 is a normal non-reinforcement hex and 101 or 104 is a trigger hex.

Post #: 198
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 4:24:19 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Tigers.

Post #: 199
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 5:49:15 PM   
BBfanboy

Shouldn't that be Tasmanian Devils?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 200
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 6:16:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

All of Oz, including Tasmania, Horn Island and even one hex of New Guinea are "30"

Lord Howe Island is "32"

There most be some custom code to decide when the emergency Aussie replacements are released,

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 4/20/2014 7:24:16 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 201
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/20/2014 7:32:37 PM   
Chickenboy

It's a code line. Anything south of hex XXX will activate reinforcements. I think that translates to 1-2 hexes south of Brisbane from some testing that others have done, but I could be mistaken.

Perhaps the manual has some information?

Post #: 202
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/21/2014 4:52:41 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

All of Oz, including Tasmania, Horn Island and even one hex of New Guinea are "30"

Lord Howe Island is "32"

There most be some custom code to decide when the emergency Aussie replacements are released,

This might mean that the scenario version you are playing has been changed to trigger reinforcements if any part of Australia
is invaded - or maybe no reinforcements ever! After all, the reinforcements seem to be troops that will be arriving in the OOB anyway.
and they are just advanced a few months in an emergency.

Post #: 203
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/21/2014 7:27:48 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

Lord Howe Island is "32"

This should answer your question CAP.
As far as i can tell, the invasion of Tasmania does trigger the Emergency reinforcements:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2617094&mpage=1&key=emergency%2Creinforcement%2Caustra�

Post #: 204
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/21/2014 1:48:01 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Unless Michael changed something big on a later Beta, GreyJoy is right because the moose tested it.

Also, it can't simply be the territory code of "30" because we have had Horn Island captured before without releasing reinforcements.

Also, Lord Howe should be safe as it is code "32" as is Norfolk which does not trigger.

Probably some conditional statement like "If territory code=30 and hex column>blah blah and hex row> blah blah then **** hit fan"

Also this, the Australian emergency reinforcements are an absolute nightmare for Japan-mens because they include 3 unrestricted, fully formed Commonwealth divisions from North Africa

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 4/21/2014 2:49:43 PM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 205
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/21/2014 1:51:02 PM   
uncivil_servant

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

quote:

Lord Howe Island is "32"

This should answer your question CAP.
As far as i can tell, the invasion of Tasmania does trigger the Emergency reinforcements:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2617094&mpage=1&key=emergency%2Creinforcement%2Caustra�

Which is quite decent of them, shame the Australia trigger is unrealistically so far south - just like if any Homeland island is invaded IJE gets reinforcements the Australians should react if ANYTHING on the populated eastern seaboard is even threatened. That is a lot like installing extra AA emplacements AFTER bombing have occurred.

"Sir, the Japs have taken Brisbane.."
"Egad.. call up the reserves..."
"You mean reservists who live, and around, in places like... Brisbane?"
Absolutely.. chop chop"

I am looking forward to Mandrake and Sprior unleashing the Tazmanian Devil..

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 206
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/21/2014 2:06:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I'd like to say a shout out to the Sweet Baby Jesus for ending Lent because that was rough.

We started with Tangerine mimosas as 8:30 and switched to beer. I had to take a nap at 3.

Two of my niece's quads are bigger than mine. Each. It's pitiful. One plays water polo at USC and the other plays Lacrosse at Davis.

Met an Olympian from the Hungarian team in 2012. 5 11..face of an angel. Did I mention she was on the women's team.

Post #: 207
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/21/2014 2:10:11 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Tasmania is out. No way we want to trigger 3 full unrestricted divisions.

Not the end of the world...just means Melbourne is safe. Sydney and Brisbane can still be hit from Lord Howe.

Post #: 208
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/21/2014 2:14:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*****************Dec 8, 1941(d)****************

Kendari The RNN charrenges IJN at night. Japan-mens win.

Night Time Surface Combat, near Kendari at 70,106, Range 12,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CL Naka
DD Natsugumo
DD Minegumo
DD Asagumo
DD Murasame
DD Yudachi

Allied Ships
CL De Ruyter, Shell hits 2
DD Piet Hein, Shell hits 1
DD Kortenaer
DD Witte de With
DD Banckert, Shell hits 1, on fire

Japan-mens capture Kendari. Going to be Herr for ships retreating from Phirripnes. Onry probrem, someone forget torpedoes.

Ground combat at Kendari (70,106)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 1299 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 53

Defending force 948 troops, 15 guns, 4 vehicles, Assault Value = 20

Japanese adjusted assault: 48

Allied adjusted defense: 7

Japanese assault odds: 6 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kendari !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
174 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 21 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Allied ground losses:
324 casualties reported
Squads: 5 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 15 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 2 (2 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 4 (4 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 2

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
Kanno
3rd Construction Battalion
40th JAAF AF Bn

Defending units:
Kendari Garrison Battalion
Kendari Base Force

Ahso, American navy-mens not-ah yet rearize they ruse war. Marberhead trying to go around Surawese and attack transports at Kendari. Ryujo find her but American-mens not-ah hord stirh.

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Gorontalo at 71,95

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid spotted at 10 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 3
B5N1 Kate x 9

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
DD Paul Jones
DD Stewart
CL Marblehead

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x B5N1 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 45cm Type 91 Torp

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 4/21/2014 3:27:14 PM >

Post #: 209
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 4/21/2014 2:19:41 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

Of course, this will require some cooperation from Arries (in terms of ships sinking)

This looks like my current map in my 2x1 game.

Any landing south of THE LINE in Australia triggers the reinforcements. When I captured all of Australia from Adm Nelson I made sure to bring EVERYTHING with my landings at Pt. Kembla and Newcastle. Brought Paras to grab the town just west (Bathurst). Within a day or two you have one of the two crown jewels of Aussieland.

If curious find my old thread vs Adm Nelson for how this was done and the glory that soon followed Japan's CAUSE!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI