Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tractor Works AI strangeness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Tractor Works AI strangeness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tractor Works AI strangeness - 4/22/2014 7:56:32 AM   
hjc

I'm new to HoS and trying to understand what goes on with the AI.

Does "hide in place" mean the AI unit will never move despite it being set to an attack, or even 'beserk' status?

The reason I ask is when playing the Tractor Works scenario (thanks jcrohio for these scenarios) as the Soviets, if I simply sit and do nothing (passing every phase) the AI also passes every phase. The whole scenario passes and I win because I've still got all the victory hexes. I Fiddled around with the editor and changed the status of some german units away from HIP. Even then it seemed the only way to get the germans to start attacking was to try to spot them, then fire on them. Otherwise the computer passes repeatedly.

I noticed there is a difference between Tractor Works and Streets of Stalingrad scenarios - in SoS scenario the germans near the tractor works are not all set to HIP, whereas in Tractor works they are. The difference is pretty clear, because when playing SoS, the germans attack the tractor works victory hexes in strength.

I've experimented in 1.07 and just updated to 1.09 with the same results.

I did find one way to get the germans to reliably attack is to set MG areas on the victory hexes, then set german units to that MG area. Is this what we're meant to do if we want the AI to attack and take victory hexes? I'm puzzled because in some other scenarios the AI will attack and try to take victory hexes without MG areas being set.

Post #: 1
RE: Tractor Works AI strangeness - 4/22/2014 11:44:13 PM   
jcrohio

See what you mean - adjusted Tractor Works and also made a change to victory conditons in Streets of Stalingrad. Let me know how they are. Could not upload here for some reason so uploaded a change in the mods forum. Take the following two .map files and copy them to your maps folder. I would rename the original first just in case.

Jack

(in reply to hjc)
Post #: 2
RE: Tractor Works AI strangeness - 4/22/2014 11:59:32 PM   
hjc

Thanks very much Jack, will download and try them out when I get home later on. cheers!

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 3
RE: Tractor Works AI strangeness - 4/23/2014 7:53:15 AM   
hjc

That's better, thanks Jack.

(in reply to hjc)
Post #: 4
RE: Tractor Works AI strangeness - 4/25/2014 11:51:50 PM   
Tom Proudfoot

Hide in Place overrides whatever the overall AI setting is (Attack, etc.) for those units. Should only be used for defensive units. I guess you figured this out, though.

(in reply to hjc)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Tractor Works AI strangeness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI