Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command.ini

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command.ini Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command.ini - 4/28/2014 3:42:02 PM   
beserko

Going through the command.ini file I ran across this line in the list
RunCoreMultithreaded=False

does that mean with my 6 core intel chip that I should set it to True to get a performance boost?

Also I am trying to build a Sea Apache!
I want to put it on a carrier in some numbers. I have read and tried to use the instructions for modifying the .ini files but all the special numbers listing the equipment baffles me(not that I haven't spent days scratching my head!)
can I clone this apache?
I would like
2 ecm jammer pod
4 Harpoon anti-ship or 4 cruise missiles!
1 to 2 possible fuel pods
It would look like this Sea Apache!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by beserko -- 4/28/2014 4:48:10 PM >

as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns—there are things we do not know we don't know."
Post #: 1
RE: Command.ini - 4/28/2014 6:46:02 PM   
ckfinite

I don't know with the concurrency option, one of the devs will have to weigh in there.

For building the Apache, I've generally found that the best way to find database indexes is to just use SQLite on the database in question - nothing else provides enough granularity to have absolutely everything. If you've worked with normalized databases before, then you'll find your way around easily.

(in reply to beserko)
Post #: 2
RE: Command.ini - 4/28/2014 8:53:52 PM   
cwemyss

quote:

ORIGINAL: beserko

Also I am trying to build a Sea Apache!
I want to put it on a carrier in some numbers. I have read and tried to use the instructions for modifying the .ini files but all the special numbers listing the equipment baffles me(not that I haven't spent days scratching my head!)
can I clone this apache?
I would like
2 ecm jammer pod
4 Harpoon anti-ship or 4 cruise missiles!
1 to 2 possible fuel pods

That's pretty ambitious for a helicopter with about a 5000lb useful load.... :-)

(in reply to beserko)
Post #: 3
RE: Command.ini - 4/28/2014 10:23:59 PM   
beserko

Hmmm.... I didn't really think about that. But the copter in the photo has a pretty heavy load too.

For the scenario I am thinking about ,they don't really have to fly that far.

< Message edited by beserko -- 4/28/2014 11:24:44 PM >

as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns—there are things we do not know we don't know."

(in reply to cwemyss)
Post #: 4
RE: Command.ini - 4/28/2014 10:36:42 PM   
thewood1

Max take off load, including full fuel load is just about 5000 lbs. But it is very dependent on air temp and altitude. And even then, it is going to be a slug in the air.

It also would have to have all the datalinks for Harpoon if it was going to load or fire them...I am pretty sure.

btw, that load shown is nothing compared to four AGM-84s.

(in reply to beserko)
Post #: 5
RE: Command.ini - 4/28/2014 10:43:56 PM   
mikmykWS

We have a bit more work to do before modifying loadouts is fully functional and when we do you may still be restricted by the law of physics because unlike ship loadouts etc. fuel calcs need to be considered (our sim does this). We're still on the fence on whether to implement at all because of the support overhead this will cause (we have lives to live).

Mike

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Command.ini - 4/29/2014 10:44:53 AM   
thewood1

btw, did anyone ever answer the multi-core question about command.ini? I am curious about it.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 7
RE: Command.ini - 4/29/2014 10:51:33 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: beserko

Going through the command.ini file I ran across this line in the list
RunCoreMultithreaded=False

does that mean with my 6 core intel chip that I should set it to True to get a performance boost?

This setting is no longer used. It was used for a while when debugging the sim-core engine in multithreaded execution was significantly harder, but for a long time now Command's core has been running in full MT mode.

Run a "heavy" scenario in high time-accel (e.g. 30x) with no-pulse time mode and you'll likely see your 6-core CPU begging for mercy.

(in reply to beserko)
Post #: 8
RE: Command.ini - 4/29/2014 1:15:44 PM   
dillonkbase

My laptop i5-2520m dual core is constantly begging... I have to put a hot pad in between the laptop and my thigh so I don't burn myself. My wife is concerned that I may be permanently harmed....

< Message edited by dillonkbase -- 4/29/2014 2:17:59 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command.ini Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI