Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pathing tweak idea

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Pathing tweak idea Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pathing tweak idea - 4/29/2014 9:22:47 PM   
hjc

This isn't really a bug per se, so I'm not sure if it belongs in the tech support section.

When I activate a stack and then right click somewhere to move them, say 2 hexes away, the game automatically selects a path for me. I understand that it's not psychic, so it can't always know which path I would prefer.

However an improvement would be if it didn't select for me a path that goes through a shaken enemy (or any enemy). If I wanted to enter a melee with them I would have clicked on their hex instead. This happened to me last night, and almost cost me the game - I ended up meleeing a useless enemy squad instead of taking a victory hex. I should have noticed the path - but I was just focussed on "Yes! I can get there and take that victory location!" Followed by "aaaagh!"

So no big problem, but it would be a nice improvement if possible :)
Post #: 1
RE: Pathing tweak idea - 4/29/2014 10:05:53 PM   
RockKahn

I usually just right click on one hex at a time until the unit runs out of action points, or is in the hex I want it to stop in, if the AI path is not the path I want the unit to take.

I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.

(in reply to hjc)
Post #: 2
RE: Pathing tweak idea - 4/30/2014 9:44:18 AM   
NZgunner

I like the way it works in Field of glory - as you move the mouse over the hexes it plots and displays the route which is then confirmed when you click on the final destination hex

(in reply to hjc)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Pathing tweak idea Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI