Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about version 2.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Question about version 2.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about version 2.0 - 5/1/2014 3:02:19 PM   
1925frank

I downloaded version 2.0. When I pull up a scenario and check the version number, it shows 2.0. I downloaded version 2.0 directly into the 2007 disk info without any other extraneous patches or files.

I don't see the TEM for the hex when I press the U button. I see the same terrain info as before.

Regarding extreme assault and variable visibility, the post with the new manual info shows both extreme assault and variable visibility are still options, but when I pull up the "rules" box, they are no longer there as options. They were in the "Rules" box under version 1.04.

The post with the new manual also mentioned being able to adjust the AI's aggressiveness and risk-taking, but I don't see where a person makes those adjustments.

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

Post #: 1
RE: Question about version 2.0 - 5/1/2014 3:21:06 PM   
1925frank

I looked at the 2.0 FAQ thread and saw some posts that show TEM and Morale in the U box. Mine doesn't. I also saw where if you hit the AI button, the pull down box has options for AI aggressiveness. My pull down doesn't. I'm confused because I'm showing 2.0 but I'm not showing these modifications.

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about version 2.0 - 5/1/2014 3:51:11 PM   
Crossroads

That all sure sounds like you are playing with 1.00? I know you said you have 2.00 though.

Can you post a couple of screen prints perhaps that will give us a hint what's going on...

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about version 2.0 - 5/1/2014 4:34:20 PM   
1925frank

Thanks! Your comment that it sounded like I was playing 1.00 was the prod I needed. I was showing version 2.0, which led me to believe I'd properly installed the patch. I was showing a copyright date of 2007, but I thought nothing about that because that was the original copyright date, but, in light of your post, the 2007 copyright date made me suspicious. As near as I can tell, I apparently unzipped the 2.00 patch but didn't run the application/execution. After your post, I ran the application/execution, and I now show version 2.00 with a copyright date of 2014. I also see TEM and Morale when I push the U button. I see the Extreme Assault and Variable Visibility options as well under "Rules." The AI aggressiveness does not show up in the "Rules" but does show up under the "AI" pull-down menu once the scenario is launched.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about version 2.0 - 5/1/2014 5:40:44 PM   
Crossroads

Glad to hear you managed to finish your installation!

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Question about version 2.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI