Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/7/2014 1:34:31 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*****************Aboard I-30, small cove, Socotra, Dec. 15, 1941(d)***********

<A small launch approaches the sub, crewed by a group of tall, thin men and carrying a huge load of Qat>

Captain Ito: Hory crap! You guys rearry skinny.

Head of skinny guys: Yes, this stuff nasty habit. Wreck teeth and make you not hungry but keep you going. Mistah Milo tell us to
bring stuff here. Top dollar.

Captain Ito: So stuff rearry work? And a rot cheaper than rhino horn too. It-ah work for size too?

XO of skinny guys: <whispering> what the Hell is he talking about?

Head of skinny guys: Who the Hell knows. We ask Milo.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/7/2014 3:01:20 PM >

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 361
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/7/2014 2:25:19 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

Post #: 362
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/7/2014 2:42:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*******251st Speciarh Interrogations Unit, Malay national paark, west of Mersing*******

<A Malaysian park ranger is tied to a chair>

Captain Ogata: I make this easy for you if you terr us where Sumatran Rhino rive.

Park Ranger Uhh, Sumatra?

Post #: 363
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/7/2014 9:05:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************Dec 16, 1941(d)*********

Fiji: At odds with conventionarh wisdom, we terr Nagumo to stop being sissy-boy and attack something. This time he risten to orders. Kates onry pranes that can fry that far. Captain of Pensacora probabry very rergious.

Morning Air attack on TF, near Suva at 132,160

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid spotted at 37 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 15 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 37
B5N2 Kate x 35

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
xAK Admiral Halstead, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
CA Pensacola

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 9000 feet *
Naval Attack: 2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb
13 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 11000 feet *
13 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 11000 feet *

And, in afteroon he forget to say prayers.

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Suva at 132,160

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid spotted at 25 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 37
B5N2 Kate x 57

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 1 destroyed by flak

Allied Ships
xAP Bloemfontein, Bomb hits 2
CA Pensacola, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
AP W.A. Holbrook, Bomb hits 3, on fire
xAP Republic, Bomb hits 1, on fire
xAK Coast Farmer, Bomb hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Meigs, Bomb hits 4, heavy fires
AGP Niagara, Bomb hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAP Chaumont, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires

51st Navarh Guard turn on warp drive and reach Nadi but staff frunkie forget to crick unroad button. Pensacora not-ah much threat but Le Triumphant is just 40 mires away. Japan-mens have 2 destroyers as SCTF at Nadi. I bereive Le Triumphant has some pretty good guns but most rikery 2 destroyers can drive her away from Nadi.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/7/2014 10:15:51 PM >

Post #: 364
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/7/2014 9:31:53 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Nagumo can reach position 120 mi NE of Suva by morning. This shourd scare away Le Triumphant when sun come up but DD's at Nadi have to stand fast untirh then. Most rikery damaged Arried ships run SW or South or pehaps disband to port.

Carriers need to be in postion to cover approach of amphbious groups for Samoa in 1-2 days.

Post #: 365
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/7/2014 10:23:29 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Manado: Despite the fact that 800 Japan-mens were swimming in water rast night, Japan-mens take base. They use radio to order 800 new pairs of Fruit of Room.

Ground combat at Manado (75,99)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 1024 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 51

Defending force 1670 troops, 18 guns, 3 vehicles, Assault Value = 47

Japanese adjusted assault: 60

Allied adjusted defense: 17

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Manado !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
24 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Allied ground losses:
512 casualties reported
Squads: 18 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 39 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 7 (5 destroyed, 2 disabled)
Vehicles lost 2 (2 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 2

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
15th Naval Guard Unit
8th JNAF Coy

Defending units:
Manado Garrison Battalion
1/12th Avn Sup Afd

Post #: 366
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/7/2014 10:27:50 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Hong Kong: Sonia pirots drop bombs on combat unit outisde Hong Kong. They rook hairy...rike Macaque...but many have dresses on rike womans. Very odd. Kabuki troop perhaps.

Morning Air attack on 1st Middlesex Battalion, at 77,61 (Hong Kong)

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 52 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 17 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27b Nate x 12
Ki-48-Ib Lily x 15
Ki-51 Sonia x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-51 Sonia: 1 damaged

Post #: 367
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/8/2014 3:19:47 AM   
bradfordkay

It appears that our narrator had a very strict instructor in the French language when he was younger. Somehow he manages to handle the French pronunciation of the letter "L"...

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 368
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/8/2014 3:46:53 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Editrix Note: A number of readers have questioned the consistency of the narrator on the pronunciation of various phonemes in both English and the romance languages.
The editorial board is of the opinion that this criticism has validity. We have also noted correct usage of the past indicative tense in English despite the shocking absence of
most articles and the painful use of other verb tenses. Rest assured we are investigating. Should a fraud be discovered the penalties will be <POOF>

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 369
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/8/2014 3:49:40 AM   
bradfordkay

Editrix?? Does she double as a dominatrix?

CRACK!!!

"See there!! You are still mixing your verb tenses!! No get on your knees, knave!!"

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 370
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 1:49:01 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Secret Arried time machine experiment redacted.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/9/2014 3:21:05 PM >

Post #: 371
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 1:52:00 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

CRACK!!!

"See there!! You are still mixing your verb tenses!! No get on your knees, knave!!"

In 1943 it's OK, even respectful, to say "editrix". You try that in the offices of New Yorker now and your skin would be scratched off followed by an emasculation with a dull blade.

And there wouldn't be any black leather either.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/9/2014 2:53:48 PM >

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 372
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:02:23 PM   
poodlebrain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

The LYB's send recon aircraft to Onnekatan-jima after the bombing raids from Shemya.

Am I in the right war? How did so much activity occur in the North Pacific in 1941?

Never trust a man who's ass is wider than his shoulders.

Post #: 373
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:07:19 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: poodlebrain
Am I in the right war? How did so much activity occur in the North Pacific in 1941?

It-ah so confusing! WWII(c) or WWII(d)? One from column A and one from column B?

(in reply to poodlebrain)
Post #: 374
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:20:15 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Hory crap! Must be secret Arried experiment with time machines again!

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/9/2014 3:23:00 PM >

(in reply to poodlebrain)
Post #: 375
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:29:39 PM   
Cap Mandrake

33K white and brown devirs at Manira

24K white and brown devirs at Crark

Japan-mens move back Mavisesses to Kendari. PoW, Repurse, Boise, Houston.....gone. Rearry annoying.

Admirarh SPrior not think of anything to do with 4th Division..so we send towards Port Moresby. Arso 3 srow BB's head to Rabaul so we break
Arried airpranes at Port Moresby

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/9/2014 3:34:53 PM >

Post #: 376
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:36:28 PM   
Cap Mandrake

How to shut off sperr check? It-ah rearry crappy. Red-ah, squiggry rines arr ovah prace.

Post #: 377
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:40:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Go ovah to Pocahantas Girr's house Friday for barbecue. She have rot to drink before get there. Somebody say "rets go swimming" but PG not have bathing suit..so just take off crothes.

Rearry funny. Not-ah take picture.

Post #: 378
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:44:22 PM   
Cap Mandrake

PG's 17 year ord son get in fight with fathah...move back to her house. He not have-ah car so buy him brand new BMW 3 series coupe with brack wheers and tinted windows.

<Face parm>

Post #: 379
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:46:58 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Moses get fire from work crew. Not-ah know what-ah happen. Maybe he drop big stone with writing? Now just one guy from Bibre work here if you not count garden-mens

Post #: 380
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:48:21 PM   
Cap Mandrake

HOA send nsty rettah about new Shinto shrine. Ok, that-ah neighborhood update.

Post #: 381
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:53:29 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

PG's 17 year ord son get in fight with fathah...move back to her house. He not have-ah car so buy him brand new BMW 3 series coupe with brack wheers and tinted windows.

<Face parm>

This end up rearry good! Just ah-rike Japanmen's war effort in WWII(d)! I ah-certain! Hai!

Post #: 382
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 2:54:52 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Not-ah take picture.

Post #: 383
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 3:09:51 PM   
bradfordkay

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

CRACK!!!

In 1943 it's OK, even respectful, to say "editrix". You try that in the offices of New Yorker now and your skin would be scratched off followed by an emasculation with a dull blade.

And there wouldn't be any black leather either.

My younger sister, who chose that career line, has never liked my joke either...

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 384
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 4:20:33 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

Go ovah to Pocahantas Girr's house Friday for barbecue. She have rot to drink before get there. Somebody say "rets go swimming" but PG not have bathing suit..so just take off crothes.

Opportunity lost

Post #: 385
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 4:40:02 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

Opportunity lost

Yes, well the physical world imposes certain constraints...like I was sitting there with Stalker Girl who didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.

Even funnier, SG's 25 year old son was already in the pool. He wisely got out pretty quick.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 386
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 4:56:59 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I'm driving to work and, on National People's Radio, I hear about this group "Boko Haram" kidnapping and selling girls in Nigeria.....

I was only partly paying attention but I ask myself "What the Hell is a British rock group from the 60's doing in Nigeria and why don't they just release a "best of" album if they need money that bad?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procol_Harum

Post #: 387
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 5:00:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Douglas Adams introduces Procol Harum

quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen ...

Anybody who knows me will know what a big thrill it is for me to be here to introduce this band tonight.

I've been a very, very great fan of Gary Brooker and Procol Harum ever since nearly thirty years ago when they suddenly surprised the world by leaping absolutely out of nowhere with one of the biggest hit records ever done by anybody at all ever under any circumstances. They then surprised the world even more by suddenly turning out to be from Southend and not from Detroit as everybody thought.

They then surprised the world even more by their complete failure to bring out an album within four months of the single, on the grounds that they hadn't written it yet. And then in a move of unparalleled marketing shrewdness and ingenuity they also actually left A Whiter Shade Of Pale off the Album. They never did anything straightforwardly at all as anyone who's ever tried to follow the chords of A Rum Tale will know.

Now they had one very very particular effect on my life. It was a song they did, which I expect some of you here will know, called Grand Hotel. Whenever I'm writing I tend to have music on in the background, and on this particular occasion I had Grand Hotel on the record player. This song always used to interest me because while Keith Reid's lyrics were all about this sort of beautiful hotel - the silver, the chandeliers, all those kind of things, but then suddenly in the middle of the song there was this huge orchestral climax that came out of nowhere and didn't seem to be about anything. I kept wondering what was this huge thing happening in the background? And I eventually thought ... it sounds as if there ought to be some sort of floorshow going on. Something huge and extraordinary, like, well, like the end of the universe. And so that was where the idea for The Restaurant at the End of the Universe came from - from Grand Hotel.

Anyway, enough from me. We're in for a great night tonight. There's no band quite like them. And tonight I'm glad to say the London Symphony Orchestra is going to sit in with them...[audience laughter & applause]. So I'd like for you to welcome please - the London Symphony Orchestra, the Chameleon Arts Chorus, Procol Harum, the Conductor, Nicholas Dodd, and Gentleman - Scholar-Musician, and I believe also Rear Admiral - Gary Brooker. Thank you very much.

And you thought we were off track.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/9/2014 6:00:49 PM >

Post #: 388
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 5:17:19 PM   
bradfordkay

Memories.... Grand Hotel was/is a great album. I blame much of my misspent youth on their influence. It is nice to see that I am in such good company...

Edit: However, I somehow managed not to bring home a "Souvenir of London"!

< Message edited by bradfordkay -- 5/9/2014 6:18:13 PM >

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 389
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 5/9/2014 7:34:05 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

quote:

Hory crap! Must be secret Arried experiment with time machines again!

It could be

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=4&from=en-us_msnhp#/video/e0dfc37e-bcde-4d43-8592-aa1721f9f93c

Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI