Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 10/8/2012 10:06:42 PM   
ribar

Hi Mark! I really like your editor and have been using it for a long time now. Great job! I have a question about the new version: How do the new functions "Theater" and "Transport Category" work?

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 91
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 1/6/2013 2:38:14 PM   
Warhorse

Dumb question, but does it matter where you install the editor? It won't work, I try to open an efx file, and it gets unexpected errors? I have the latest framework 4 and updates, win xp pro SP3.

I just got this game, and am a modder of other games, would be interested in inspecting the files of this one!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to ribar)
Post #: 92
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 1/14/2013 9:42:40 AM   
mgarnett

Hi Warhorse,

No, it shouldn't matter at all, as long as all the files inside the ZIP are placed in the same directory it can go anywhere. Are you able to elaborate on the types of errors that you are are seeing? It might help see if it's a problem with the app or the framework or something else.

Cheers

Mark

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 93
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 1/15/2013 10:05:17 PM   
Warhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: mgarnett

Hi Warhorse,

No, it shouldn't matter at all, as long as all the files inside the ZIP are placed in the same directory it can go anywhere. Are you able to elaborate on the types of errors that you are are seeing? It might help see if it's a problem with the app or the framework or something else.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, I'm enclosing a screenie of the error.

Attachment (1)

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 94
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 5/13/2014 3:51:41 PM   
kooopa

Hi, I am using mgarnett's unit editor. I am able to change attributes and create new units, however when I go in the game none of the changes or nthe new units are available. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
C

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 95
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 6/11/2014 2:21:26 PM   
Smokehouse82Abn

Hi Mark , I want to thank you for creating this great editor tool but I'm having a problem with the efx part. I place a new unit icon and it comes out
OK on game but when I add entry into efx file whether by editor or even hand type entry looks OK but when I start game unit is there but all units on screen have no movement sound and when you fire at enemy unit it sounds like a small cannon.When I take out my entry in efx file and try game my unit is there silent and all other units are back at correct mvmt/fire sounds.I've tried everything 10 times over with same bad results including reinstall of game twice.My efx file always refuses my entry. If you have any clue what's going on please let me know Thank You.

To

(in reply to kooopa)
Post #: 96
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 7/10/2014 2:15:49 AM   
mgarnett

Hi Guys,

My apologies for not responding sooner. I've had very little time lately to devote to this, but things have now changed and I can get back into it. Again, sorry for the delay.

Cheers

Mark

(in reply to Smokehouse82Abn)
Post #: 97
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 7/10/2014 2:31:24 AM   
mgarnett

Hi koopa,

Are you sure you are committing the unit back to the unit file? To make sure a user couldn't accidentally change a unit's attributes, I made it so that when you change the attributes, you need to press the commit the button. This is almost like an "are you sure" step.

Once you press commit, then the amended values are written into your unit file overwriting the previous values.

Cheers

Mark

(in reply to kooopa)
Post #: 98
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 7/10/2014 2:32:56 AM   
mgarnett

Hi Smokehouse82Abn,

I'll have a look at that error over the next day to see what is happening and get back to you.

Cheers

Mark

(in reply to Smokehouse82Abn)
Post #: 99
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 7/10/2014 2:33:51 AM   
mgarnett

Hi Mike,

Are you able to press the "Details" button in that error dialog and cut and past the contents into a message so I can see what it says?

Cheers

Mark

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 100
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 7/10/2014 8:56:26 AM   
VPaulus

Hi Mark,

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3643470

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 101
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 7/11/2014 2:17:08 AM   
mgarnett

Thanks!

I'm working through a proof of concept at the moment with a visual campaign tree designer, something like a flow chart approach. I think this would make the understanding campaign trees much easier as well as allow you to easily mix and match things as you go.

Not sure how it will work out in the end, but I would like to enable people to drag scenario "boxes" create links to and from scenario boxes and delete and mix and match as they want and then have it all neatly written back to a campaign data file.

Cheers

Mark

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 102
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 8/5/2014 7:41:04 PM   
hemuha

Hi, Mark, thank you for creating the editor.
I have a problem though, it won't load anything i select as units or countries, it just remains blank.

I have the original, bought and updated.

Thank you,
Mircea

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 103
RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 - 2/26/2015 10:52:54 AM   
jrregan

Is this editor still supported? I have the Steam version and get the above stated exception on all the files.

I also don't see any 'campaign editor' option or tab in the base editor app.

For now just looking to see the campaign in the editor..

thanks,
Joseph

(in reply to hemuha)
Post #: 104
RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released - 3/5/2015 11:43:32 PM   
flakfernrohr

I used to be good with using this tool, but I forgot my technique and now I am unable to load my graphics file into the graphics section. When I "open" and select an equipment file, it loads and then offers a window of files to load for graphics. When I try to select the graphics file, it defaults back to equipment and will not load the graphics file. Any suggestions or guidance appreciated.

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 105
RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released - 4/21/2016 4:34:25 PM   
sba55

I have searched through this forum and can't find the answer to my issue. I have the equipment editor folder in the same folder as all my other panzer corps files. When I launch the editor the table opens up but I can't get any units to show up. No combination of clicking the various options works. Every space stays empty. I am obviously doing something wrong. Any suggestions are appreciated.

(in reply to flakfernrohr)
Post #: 106
RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released - 6/29/2016 4:17:04 PM   
AllStarJames

Hello guys!

I am currently using the Amulet mod 2.0 for panzer corps and liked the elite camouflaged versions for units it had to offer. I am using Dwights Camo Spray shop too and would like to make a new bunch of my own camouflaged units to be able to purchase as the years go by in the Grand Campaigns timeline.

I am new to modding and can only seem to overwrite the units with different camo schemes in the units directory (I assume i need to go into the editor and assign a specific new unit to that year so it becomes available)

For instance i wanted to make the Axis armored train purchasable as a core unit, say after the fall of Poland and the beginning of the France 1940 campaign. How would I go about doing this for the train and other units?

(in reply to sba55)
Post #: 107
RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released - 3/25/2017 3:52:58 PM   
deranzo

How can I open unit stats in equipment editor? I mean where to unzip editor files and which file I should open to edit units?

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 108
RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released - 10/17/2018 3:25:36 PM   
mbara333

Guys I hate to be a dweeb here but how/where do I extract and install the editor? I've made edits to the equipment but don't see the changes in the game. Any help?

Mike

(in reply to mgarnett)
Post #: 109
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI