Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit value multipliers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unit value multipliers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit value multipliers - 3/16/2001 7:55:00 PM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

I am creating an ambush scenario where I would like to reward the player for withdrawing his units in good shape, and also for destroying/damaging enemy units. For this I would like to increase the value of each side's units by using the value multiplying function. When I click on it, it states:" 1=10, 10=100". Does that mean if I input 2 it will multiply the point value of my units by 20? I was thinking more along doubling the value of my units, how can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help, ******ophe (and what's with the stars? I didn't know the son of Mary was considered as a vulgarity)

Post #: 1
- 3/16/2001 8:31:00 PM   
MindSpy

quote:

Originally posted by ******ophe Jaureguiberry: I am creating an ambush scenario where I would like to reward the player for withdrawing his units in good shape, and also for destroying/damaging enemy units. For this I would like to increase the value of each side's units by using the value multiplying function. When I click on it, it states:" 1=10, 10=100". Does that mean if I input 2 it will multiply the point value of my units by 20? I was thinking more along doubling the value of my units, how can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help, ******ophe (and what's with the stars? I didn't know the son of Mary was considered as a vulgarity)
MINDSPY Adjusting the value of the units for a particular nation by a modifier is a good way to do that. In essence if you make the attackers forces increase in value then the defender is rewarded for each kill. Now adjusting the flag's values to be at a per turn rate and the majority of flags to be on the defenders side of the control slate will also give the defender that edge of maitaining good order even in retreat will give you the win. Now if you add up the possible flag points from flags and points for knocked out attacking units are factored in then you arrive an early expectation value for victories. Adjusting the complexity of the scenario with flags attacking units and well placed mnes and terrain obstacles and the expendable mg positions and atg guns you can roughly approximate the earliest turn that the attacker can attempt to intercept the withdrawing force as it approaches the map's edge. from here it is only a matter of putting in the time to work out the total points and basic expectations for either side to gain moderate victories to draws. MINDSPY

(in reply to Christophe Jaureguiberry)
Post #: 2
- 3/17/2001 6:48:00 AM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

Thank You Mindspy, However, I still need some info on unit multipliers, can anyone help me? Regards, ******ophe

Post #: 3
- 3/17/2001 8:37:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

THe nuber means if you want the multiplier to by x1 you enter 10 if you want it to be x10 you enter 100. SO to get x2.0 you enter 20. Entering 1 means x0.1 and the masx of 250 = x25

Post #: 4
- 3/17/2001 10:29:00 AM   
Figmo

The way I understand it is: If you make no change to the values - you will get 100% of their value at games end. If you set it to 1 you get 10% of the starting value - 10 would bring it back to 100%. So you can NOT increase the value - only decrease one side and/or the other. Again - I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

Post #: 5
- 3/17/2001 10:39:00 AM   
Figmo

Oops!! I just went and checked - you can increase the values - but 10 still remains the 100% starting value. So, as Paul said - to incease the values - you need to enter a number higher than 10. I'm not sure what the maximum number is. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

Post #: 6
- 3/17/2001 7:10:00 PM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

Thanks Guys, Christophe

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unit value multipliers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI