Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ready to delete sp-waw

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ready to delete sp-waw Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ready to delete sp-waw - 2/8/2003 7:24:21 PM   
BARKHORN

After uncounted attempt's to obtain the patches from matrix for their Lost victories mega-campaign{all hour's of the day every day of the week}I still receive the 530 message.I was able to get the 1.2 patch alright but not the more important 1.1 and sound patches I am prepared to free up the 874 megs that sp-waw is currently taking up in my hd.I have obtained combat mission-Barbarosa to Berlin and did'nt have any trouble d/l the patch.They also have real customer support not a referal to their forum's.I don't want to sound like a troll but the frustration I am experiancing suck's,and when I get an attitude about something be it a job,relationship or anything else I seperate myself from it .I guess I'll just have to chalk up the purchase of LV as a bad investment[well I do need a new drink coaster,guess I'll glue some felt to it].Cookies are enabled and I'm able to re=download the 1.2 patch so it's not the temp.files giving me trouble[besides I routinly do a disc cleanup and get rid of all temporary files]and not being completly computer literate enough to try some form of instant messaging to obtain the files from a forum member as Jim 1954 suggested.I'm going to be working night's for the next few week's so I'll be able to try d/l'ing late at night although the times I've tried have been fruitless.So it maybe goodbye SP,it's been fun and you guy's are great...see ya:(
Post #: 1
- 2/8/2003 8:29:37 PM   
Belisarius

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Is there a stateside community member who can consider taking mercy on Barkhorn and send him a CD with the 1.1 patch? :p

Got StuG?

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 2
- 2/8/2003 8:57:40 PM   
Bing

I don't know what the problem is. I just now accessed the Matrix site and the 1.1 patch - the patch started downloading immediately.

Barkhorn, I would say try again. You haven't said what type of Internet connection you are using; dialup, cable modem or whatever. I am currently using cable service, which I know can make a lot of difference. Possibly the server software was undergoing maintenance or something of the sort when you were trying to get patch 1.1.

I wouldn't want a Panther to slink away into the underbrush. If someone close to Barkhorn cannot get the patch for him, I could burn a CD.

But I don't have a car, so Barkhorn will have to send me a blank CD with a self-addressed mailer enclosed, bearing correct postage for return to him. That way I can burn and drop the CD in the mailbox - which itself is half a mile away: Small town, we're rather spread out.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 3
- 2/8/2003 9:02:09 PM   
Jim1954

Barkhorn, send me a PM with an email address in it and I'll try to help you out.

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 4
- 2/8/2003 9:18:33 PM   
BARKHORN

I just tried again same result 530 not logged in but it show's my name and password I clicked ok about three times and finally got told that I had been disconnected from the beginning?I'm using a dial-up modem with DAP and like I said I got 1.2 allright and if I try to redownload 1.2 I can but not 1.1 and the sound patch getting:mad:

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 5
- 2/9/2003 1:57:52 AM   
chief

Barkhorn:
How large a file will your ISP allow, if you have a free ISP your probably limited to 5Mbs or less. Second try disabling DAP for the download. JUst a hunch guy....Good Luck:cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 6
- 2/9/2003 3:32:30 AM   
Mazerim

No, there's a real problem with their download system. I have both DSL and Cable in my house, and I get access denied over the cable, but not the DSL.

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 7
- 2/10/2003 1:00:13 AM   
Bing

No problem with the download system. I have cable, just now accessed the LV Matrix page and was able to start the download of both patches.
The sound patch drops to a miserable 35 - 40 Kbs, but the other one is around 150 which is standard for me.

In any event, both of the files can be downloaded. I don't think I am the only one in the US with cable who is able to do this.

Recently ISP operators have been installing new software to prevent DoS atacks. We can hardly blame them, same for spam filters, which isn't a real big problem with me but I know it is for others. The trouble is, these can block legitimate traffic, perhaps something along those lines is occurring.

Barkhorn has a volunteer to help him . That should take care of the problem. If not, buzz the board and I will pitch in, I'm sure Gmenfan also will do so.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 8
- 2/10/2003 2:55:01 AM   
Mazerim

Not all cable is the same, just cause your cable works, dosen't mean other cable dosen't. I doubt it's the physical service that matters, It's probably being blocked based on originating IP blocks or something. More important is that I can download it coming from one point of origin, but not the other; with all other variables being the same.

Just pointing out that there's a problem, whether it's spam filters or whatnot. Well-integrated filters shouldn't block legitimate traffice, and if it *is* being blocked, it should probably be fixed! =)

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 9
- 2/10/2003 5:46:22 AM   
Bing

I think I understand what you are saying, though the double negative is a bit offputting. The point of the exercise was there was nothing wrong with the Matrix site. Nothing more.

Bing

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 10
- 2/10/2003 6:35:33 PM   
BARKHORN

Yes I am getting some assistance from bing so my problem appear's to be solved.It just puzzles me why I can't get just those two files,as a test I downloaded the watchtower patches and had no problem d/l started immedietly just like patch1.2.Very interesting

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 11
- 2/10/2003 11:38:09 PM   
Jim1954

Patches are in the mail.
:)

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ready to delete sp-waw Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI