Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW hoped features

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW hoped features Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW hoped features - 5/6/2000 6:26:00 AM   
ruxius

SORRY FOR KILOMETRICAL MESSAGE ! Thanks a lot very much for having a chance to say what we hope from this new release of SP..first of all I come from Italy so I am sorry for my approximative English... Second , a message to programmer's and staff of SPWAW : we SP-supporters ADORE YOU for this new hopeful release ! THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS VERY MUCH ! I have bought SP1-2-3 and I was so enthusiastic about SP -1 as so sad about SP -3 ..The third game was not the great improvement we expected from SP-1 .. I think SP1 is better than CLose combat series - The operational art of war , Panzer General , Starcraft because it's the best strategy game in WW2 ! I like thinking while playing !And you can see I am enough experienced about wargames to say fair judgements ... But with SP-3 I felt that a great chance had been wasted... Still today I go on on playing SP-1 even if my Pc has forgotten DOS and works now with Windows98.. But now hope comes again and I will do everything that is possible to make SP-4 the best game I ever played about WW2... While SP-1 attains perfection what more could be done ? I humble have some suggestions ... 1) GREATLY VERY MUCH VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT ! We want more units to command ! Why having a limit of 48 units ? Look at Starcraft that considers 200 units by side.. Give to us more extended maps besides small maps too (that are good for fast play with a friend on one afternoon) 2) VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT ! We want units from different countries cooperate by the same side...ex : German and Italians togheter versus British in order to recreat sceneries in North Afrika ecc.ecc. Let the player free to decide ! Why limiting player ? Give to us a slot to decide freely! 3) IMPORTANT We would like to have options that decide when a battle should end...not a random unpredictable end just while you are trying to kill that last damned allied tank !! Then Victory points depending on flag control on player request ; sometimes could be more important destroy enemy units than conquering all the objective... let the player decide what is important ! 4) IMPORTANT While playing against human opponent it's not so comfortable that the player2 ( who is not currently moving) could not see the results of player1 attacks (such air attacks ). while playing against AI you see enemy moves without understanding where are its units not yet spotted..the only way of manage this problem is allowing a null modem head to head playing mode..so even if we need two computers linked by cable we can see the results of enemy fire without understand its next move ! I often played at my house against friends but we have to swap chair for playing..that means he never saw my aircraft sprangling it's infantry...only smoke that remains for him to see...( I need a way to make him suffering more and more !:-))) I ask for both players more involved in to each-other turns.. 5) IMPORTANT We would like to have mines and art-battery togheter..Let to our own way of fighting to decide if we are advancing or defending and not using a slot that limits weapons ! We feel limited by the slot Assault-Advance-Defend..this also limits the possibility of creating sceneries ! It's better to have a slot in which you decide how many battle points you want to give to each side and with this you have no limit in choosing units... 6) VERY IMPORTANT We need more security for email tournaments. I tried to organize a run-time campaign but I had to trust on player's honesty...because you not always get acquaintance of other players game should prevent (from inside) the possibility of corrupting results of turns while a battle is played via e-mail (for instance simply should not be possible re-opening the saved file until own fire operations are succesfully ! ) 7) INTERESTING We want campaigns that give us a geografically ideas of places in which they take place... 8) VERY IMPORTANT We would like different fire rules based on unit types... ex...a Inf-AT should be very difficult to be spotted from a Tank with no Infantry around while coming from trees or buildings...in fact in SP units have no possibility to play 'active' spotting and fire without being spotted and fired . .they need to be passive ..to wait for a enemy unit becoming visible after enemy player has moved before...using opportunity fire.. this way of fire control penalizes units that have to move and chase the unspotted enemy...ok for tanks that have low spotting ability.. but there should be a difference for other units such as infantry... vehicles make noise and they could not advance and be hidden... but some infantry units could do some intersting things...in active way , not only passive... Spotting should be adapted to kind of units..Inf-AT should be so evasive to succed in approaching a tank and fire without be destroyd before firing... this would not mean changing all the game , just improve some units... Then "retreating" status should be more useful to let units go back out of enemy fire range...maybe there is a tree that could give some more rally bonus if only I could bring the unit there...! 8) VERY VERY IMPORTANT In order to organize own players campaigns we would like to have battles that involve units that could be transferred into a new battle keeping old levels of experience,kills,damages ecc.ecc. if you let freedom to players to make SP-4 always different your game will never expire ! and also keeping military personnel identity ..something like battle-core units... 9) VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT Stop to almighty every directional automatic spotting abilities of each unit in opportunity fire...!!! No ambush or way out is possible from flanks or rear ! We want a player have to worry about its flanks and rearguard ! It's not possible that a unit in the head of advancing group busy in trying to spotting enemy units in front of it could fire at enemy tank that appear far at his back attacking the rearguard.!.It should take some time to understand what is happening back and to react ! SO READINESS TO REACTING FIRE SHOULD BE RELATED TO DISTANCE , MOVING STATUS , UNIT TYPES , POSTION (FRONTAL REAR ECC.) ...and NOT "ABSOLUTELY" OPPORTUNITY FIRE..WE WANT THE IMPORTANCE OF WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU HAVE TO SPOT AND FIRE TO ENEMY ! If a Tank is advancing and I fire with a AT-Gun at his rear the tank should have some difficult to understand where fire is coming (spotting) because it is advancing and needs some time to turn turret to answer after having understood where fire is coming ! opportunity fire should be limited to frontal position and to some type of units.. If a infantry unit is approaching (maybe in a hiddenway) it's not realistic that units from other part of the map (even if they have allowed range for and clear visibility )that they immediatly fire and react routing my infantry unit... that's could be real if that unit is lied in waiting for that ! such as Guns (Inf -Gun , Mortar , artillery ecc. ) They are not the same as units which are moving... we should give a 'context' to ability of spotting that is influenced from distance and course of battle and movement status ! 10) INTERESTING Sometimes in the editor or in deployment we need some units dedicated to spotting task and to stay alone far from fiendly lines ..but they often suffer of suppression and start retreating after some turns..some special units should not be so penalized from suppression if being isolated... 11) INTERESTING We would like to have aircraft that fight against each other.. while it's good they have realtime movement out of player control and their accuracy could be changed from smoke and AA-guns and is good they have limited ammo too , it could be amazing that a pre-battle is fought for air superiority if both sides own aircraft and they are armed with air to air weapons ... 12 ) INTERESTING Mortar indirect fire with no LOS should be more effective in short range...if you know enemies are two buildings next to that one ....just fire around there ...and be sure something could be done... Next to this it could be real if this kind of weapons could fire directly also in place in range but not in LOS ..their kind of fire in fact does not request LOS ! 13 ) NOT VERY INTERESTING While not regrouping different infantry units into one if they are heavy damaged ? 14) INTERESTING I did not found into the original guide of SP notes about carachteristic and parameters of units and weapons..this prevented me from using the good editor at its best.. Ex . I would creat a battle in which an elite italian company fought against the French... So I change data units... but how much experienced could be improved ? How does this change or affect gameplay ? I created Tanks with 80 of frontal armor that have been destroyed by infantry assaulting with hand grenade..ok it's not real playing with such steel monsters but I would even understand the effect of having 80 or 12 of armor protection... 15) NOT VERY INTERESTING Why do not extend the "crew" concept also to each infantry unit as regards 'abandoned' guns or tanks ? Well that's colud be enough...this reveals my love for SP ! Have I any little hope that some of this suggestion could just be read from programmers of SPWorlds at war before they complete their great work ? Hope will never surrender... Thank's for attention Bye from Frank

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!
Post #: 1
- 5/6/2000 11:09:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I think you will be happy regarding: 1,2,4,5,6,7,8a (but not the 2nd 8), 9, 10 and (hopefully) 14...well we'll be glad to answer questions the manual doesn't address :-) The other ones will have to wait :-)

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 2
- 5/7/2000 2:12:00 AM   
cb

quote:

Originally posted by ruxius: SORRY FOR KILOMETRICAL MESSAGE ! Thanks a lot very much for having a chance to say what we hope from this new release of SP..first of all I come from Italy so I am sorry for my approximative English... Second , a message to programmer's and staff of SPWAW : we SP-supporters ADORE YOU for this new hopeful release ! THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS VERY MUCH ! I have bought SP1-2-3 and I was so enthusiastic about SP -1 as so sad about SP -3 ..The third game was not the great improvement we expected from SP-1 .. I think SP1 is better than CLose combat series - The operational art of war , Panzer General , Starcraft because it's the best strategy game in WW2 ! I like thinking while playing !And you can see I am enough experienced about wargames to say fair judgements ... But with SP-3 I felt that a great chance had been wasted... Still today I go on on playing SP-1 even if my Pc has forgotten DOS and works now with Windows98.. But now hope comes again and I will do everything that is possible to make SP-4 the best game I ever played about WW2... While SP-1 attains perfection what more could be done ?
Frank, did you ever try SPCammos SP:WW2? It is a WW2 game based on the SP2 engine that has all the good things of SP1 combined with the superior SP2 engine and a lot of different enhancements. I ask, because that game has been available as a free download from TGN for a year or so! Claus B

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 3
- 5/7/2000 4:34:00 PM   
cragwolf

quote:

SORRY FOR KILOMETRICAL MESSAGE ! Thanks a lot very much for having a chance to say what we hope from this new release of SP..first of all I come from Italy so I am sorry for my approximative English...
Your English was very good and the suggestions even better. But I was most impressed with your use of "kilometrical" as an adjective. I hope you won't mind if I adopt it for future personal use. I love it!

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 4
- 5/7/2000 8:37:00 PM   
Mark_Ezra

Hello Ruxius: Welcome to this forum: Quote: I have bought SP1-2-3 and I was so enthusiastic about SP -1 as so sad about SP -3 Man, ain't that the fact! Loved SP1 Found SP2 to be a much better program but missed WW2. My hopes were dashed by SP3. Just not what I really wanted. I never played more than the Tutorial Scen. As was noted SPWW2 works with SP2...I've got it on now. But as I'm sure you've read SPW@W will bring all the features of the SP3 Engine with the SP1 and 2 icon/map size. The improvement list sounds huge and Matrix carefully listened to what we players really wanted. Well since tomorrow is Christmas I want to wish you and everybody on the forum a Happy Holiday!

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW hoped features Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI