Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/24/2014 2:06:44 PM   
Icemania

My first Universe game is the new Ancient Galaxy Storyline.

I've played this game a lot over the last year and thought I had it down pat. The last time I squared off against the Shakturi in Shadows I didn't lose a single ship. I've never had a world destroyed by the Shakturi in all of those games.

So I thought ... no worries. Rather than go on the offensive early let's focus on building up and let the storyline unfold. So I colonised new worlds, set the tax rate to 0% to optimise growth, redesigned and seriously upgraded my fleets and bases, got some wonders built, did some key research, made some friends, destroyed some Pirates and generally had a merry old time.

I figured that since I have Plasma Hardening and Shield Multipliers already I should be able to avoid the loss of any worlds ...

Well I just watched two of my worlds get destroyed while a third had a very narrow escape. Two of my new non-critical colonies were successfully invaded as well while I was tracking those World Destroyers down. Even better the Shakturi fleets were co-ordinating some of those attacks with one of the other races in their alliance. Awesome!

Now while I still wish this Storyline game was even harder (I've managed to destroy the Shakturi fleets and have started invading their worlds) I have to say that the speed of the initial Shakturi attack was super cool and that this has been a well designed storyline.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the community can do with the new abilities to set-up storylines and events demonstrated here ...
Post #: 1
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/24/2014 2:50:33 PM   
Erik Rutins

Glad to hear it, Icemania! The Ancient Galaxy also gives me a challenge. We actually toned it down a bit during testing, but we could always ramp it back up as well.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/24/2014 3:51:14 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 2
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/25/2014 11:56:08 AM   
Icemania

There must have been some events that did not trigger as I was never able to research Machine Intelligence or the Xaraktor Vaccine.

In 9869 I invaded the Shakturi homeworld and got access to the Intergalactic Portal. Other than stopping the flow of Shakturi reinforcements does this do anything once captured?

In 9875 the Shakturi were defeated. The Shakturi defeat splash screen appeared and the remaining Shakturi Axis empires had rebellions. The victory conditions were fulfilled (I was almost at 80% anyway but not quite).

I kept playing for a while thinking there might be other triggers. In 9878 all of the Shaktur Axis Empires were defeated. Still no other events.

What have I missed?

< Message edited by Icemania -- 5/25/2014 1:52:21 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/25/2014 12:02:27 PM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

In 9869 I invaded the Shakturi homeworld and got access to the Intergalactic Portal.

Just out of interest, does the Intergalactic Portal enable you to do anything (eg portal to another galaxy)?

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 4
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/25/2014 12:15:50 PM   
Icemania

Solved

In Game Editor I see the trigger is set for the destruction of Rekallios 5. Rekallios 5 was never destroyed in my game. I expanded to the North and that is where the Shakturi struck first. The world destroyer going to Rekallios 5 was destroyed by my defensive fleet before it could destroy the planet.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 5/25/2014 1:16:24 PM >

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 5
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/25/2014 12:20:20 PM   
Bingeling

Icemania, I suspected that you may have been "too good" and that you may have struck back hard enough that something did not trigger.

Good to see that you deliver!

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 6
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/25/2014 12:21:15 PM   
Icemania

Well I did post SPOILERS in the thread title ... as far as I can see Osito the answer is no but I'm tinkering around with it at the moment.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 7
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/26/2014 10:31:12 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Icemania, I suspected that you may have been "too good" and that you may have struck back hard enough that something did not trigger.

Maybe they could change the trigger so that the new technologies are unlocked if any world is destroyed rather than being specific to one world.

Or set a second trigger with the same actions for time X after the Shakturi builds the first world destroyer i.e. just in case no world is destroyed.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 8
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/26/2014 2:44:52 PM   
Spacecadet

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Maybe they could change the trigger so that the new technologies are unlocked if any world is destroyed rather than being specific to one world.

Or set a second trigger with the same actions for time X after the Shakturi builds the first world destroyer i.e. just in case no world is destroyed.

You have a point
But then again, if you were able to hold them off, you didn't really need those Techs to defeat them.

The purpose of the Techs are a "last gasp", desperate measure to save the Galaxy.

If the Shakturi had mounted an effective counter attack and had started rolling through yours and you Allies Colonies, the trigger event would have likely been tripped.
At that point, you may very well need those Techs to become available.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 9
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/26/2014 3:52:43 PM   
Icemania

Fair point, but I did lose two worlds anyway, and more importantly was excited about playing with those technologies!

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 10
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/29/2014 4:00:05 PM   
pycco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Glad to hear it, Icemania! The Ancient Galaxy also gives me a challenge. We actually toned it down a bit during testing, but we could always ramp it back up as well.

yes please, even an option would be great i want them to kill me at my best.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 5/29/2014 4:03:26 PM   
Icemania

Agree, the storyline was Normal difficulty I believe, an Extreme difficulty option where we all struggle to win would be great ... !

< Message edited by Icemania -- 5/29/2014 5:03:51 PM >

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 12
RE: Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) - 11/27/2019 12:08:51 AM   
twinkypillow

quote:

Solved

In Game Editor I see the trigger is set for the destruction of Rekallios 5. Rekallios 5 was never destroyed in my game. I expanded to the North and that is where the Shakturi struck first. The world destroyer going to Rekallios 5 was destroyed by my defensive fleet before it could destroy the planet.

I'm playing Ancient Galaxies and struggling immensely.

What on earth were your ship designs to take on the shakturi and stop the planet destroyers as well as not get obliterated like I do every time I start the scenario!

Tell me your ways! Is is ship designs?? I can't survive and all my gas stations just get blown up and more.

I can put my save game here if you want to have a quick look.. but man i need your tips! how did you expand so fast and hold off the shakturi!?

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ancient Galaxy Storyline Game Experience (SPOILERS) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI