Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue - 5/25/2014 2:21:50 PM   
Big Ivan

Fellow CS players,

A funny thing happened in playing EFII-under CS 2.0 Linked Campaign Game-On to Berlin.
I started the first scenario played a couple of turns and the game saved automatically under the name "campaign.ccl" when I exited.
I thought that was a bit odd because I didn't get the window to call it the name I wanted.

Then I went back and started another Linked Campaign game GD at Kursk. Again I didn't get the window to name the file.

Instead the engine saved it as "campaign.ccl" and over wrote the On to Berlin Linked Campaign game.

So now I am stumped and wonder what I am doing wrong. My apologies if this was discussed somewhere before.
I briefly scanned the forum but didn't see anything but I could have missed something.

Any help what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
Thanks

Big Ivan

< Message edited by Big Ivan -- 5/25/2014 3:31:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue - 5/25/2014 5:41:49 PM   
BadElvin

Just a minute someone threw my damn palm tree overboard!

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 2
RE: Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue - 5/26/2014 6:38:04 PM   
Warhorse

I think this was always the case with linked campaigns? Maybe upon exit, rename one to campaign1.ccl, or something in windows explorer?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to BadElvin)
Post #: 3
RE: Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue - 5/26/2014 6:40:57 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

Fellow CS players,

A funny thing happened in playing EFII-under CS 2.0 Linked Campaign Game-On to Berlin.
I started the first scenario played a couple of turns and the game saved automatically under the name "campaign.ccl" when I exited.
I thought that was a bit odd because I didn't get the window to call it the name I wanted.

Then I went back and started another Linked Campaign game GD at Kursk. Again I didn't get the window to name the file.

Instead the engine saved it as "campaign.ccl" and over wrote the On to Berlin Linked Campaign game.

So now I am stumped and wonder what I am doing wrong. My apologies if this was discussed somewhere before.
I briefly scanned the forum but didn't see anything but I could have missed something.

Any help what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
Thanks

Big Ivan

Did you try Save As, from File menu? That should give you complete freedom to save the file under any name preferred? Useful, especially if you choose a good name, and save a first time right at the beginning of the first scenario, even without any action having taken place.

Hope this helps?

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 4
RE: Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue - 5/26/2014 6:50:18 PM   
Big Ivan

That's the problem. The game saves it right from the get go as campaign.ccl and I can't rename it.

When I use the "save as" it wants to save it as .btl file not .ccl file.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 5
RE: Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue - 5/26/2014 11:45:15 PM   
Warhorse

Just tried it, am Playing hunters From the Sky. Renamed it to campaign1.ccl in explorer, then started Force 10, also an LCG, it of course named the file campaign.ccl, so no problem!! Quit, then started up, there are now two options of LCG to play from in the campaign window, now if you really feel the need to play three at once, just rename the new one to campaign2.ccl or what ever!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 6
RE: Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue - 5/27/2014 12:51:35 AM   
Big Ivan

Hey Mike,

That's the ticket. I didn't rename it in explorer but renamed it in the game editor file.
Opps my bad.

Got 2 files now campaign.ccl and campaign1.ccl Both two different linked campaign games.
Thanks my friend!

Big Ivan

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 7
RE: Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue - 5/27/2014 5:42:47 PM   
Warhorse

Any time, BTW, I also learned that the hard way a couple weeks ago!! Started Hunters, decided to start another, imagine my surprise when I opened up what I thought was Hunters!! Got disgusted, didn't even think to do what I suggested until I saw your post, got me to thinking what if I rename the first one!! Glad I could help!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Linked Campaign Games Save Game Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI