Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steam Release?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Steam Release? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steam Release? - 5/27/2014 4:33:33 PM   
heizlegend

Has there been any consideration to putting the CC series on steam? Or putting the new game to be greenlit on steam? I think there is a lot of potential to bring in way more sales if the game was released there. I don't know why you wouldn't. There are plenty of people with fond memories of CC that have probably forgotten about it. Put it up and steam and I think you could generate a lot of interest.

Hell, if you need the resources to get to that point, make a kickstarter. If it meant the possibility of >2 player MP or especially co-op, I'd donate to it.

But at least steam, at this point in pc gaming I feel that is practically a requirement. It would definitely be the only realistic way to generate any significant number of new players. They rebooted Age of Empires II, AOE III, and Age of Mythology on steam, and from what I can tell they've done very well, and all they did with those is raise the resolution and remade the multiplayer. I see no reason CC couldn't enjoy similar success, especially with the new 3d engine and a updated multiplayer.
Post #: 1
RE: Steam Release? - 5/27/2014 7:26:06 PM   
SteveMcClaire

There has been some consideration: Gateway to Caen will be available on Steam. Other existing CC tiles may appear on Steam as well though this has yet to be determined.

We haven't talked specifically about how The Bloody First will be sold/marketed, so I can't say anything for certain. But it may very well be on Steam too, when it's released.

Steve

(in reply to heizlegend)
Post #: 2
RE: Steam Release? - 5/28/2014 8:14:12 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Bloody First at Steam would be a very good idea because if it runs as it looks, probably many people will like it and Steam is the best site for obtain a good publicity.

I know how it is difficult. But a few more screenshots would be good or another preview at another site. I´m not interested at Gateway to Caen because it looks as a mod and it has not the beatiful 32bits maps from Panthers in the Fog, the maps are poorer clearly but I love what I see at Bloody First, a 3D game which it can be played as the old 2D CC games at same time.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: Steam Release? - 5/29/2014 9:22:46 AM   
TIK

I agree, the release of Gateway to Caen on Steam was a great move. Steam has a bigger audience and more opportunities for people to come across GWTC. Not having TBF on Steam would be a mistake.

I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 4
RE: Steam Release? - 12/3/2016 4:03:46 AM   
Platoon_Michael

If this is released on Steam will it be able to be played through Steam Link?
And will it be possible to play using the Steam Controller as well?

(in reply to TIK)
Post #: 5
RE: Steam Release? - 12/5/2016 6:00:44 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Platoon Michael,

No plans to specifically support Steam Link / Steam Controller at this time.

Steve

< Message edited by PipFromSlitherine -- 12/7/2016 12:14:16 AM >

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Steam Release? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI