Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Space port is automated?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Space port is automated? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Space port is automated? - 6/1/2014 9:21:41 PM   
vmxa_slith

I just noticed that my home world space port has an auto symbol? Is that normal, do I need to remove it? What does it mean for a space port? Looks like I am not able to change it anyway. None of the other port are automated?
Post #: 1
RE: Space port is automated? - 6/1/2014 10:11:02 PM   
Bingeling

Any automation symbol there is nothing to worry about. Spaceports shoot their guns and I have never found a way to influence that.

Unlike ships they don't drive around and go on attack missions :)

(in reply to vmxa_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Space port is automated? - 6/1/2014 10:13:15 PM   
Jim D Burns

It might control whether they auto-upgrade or not, but I've never turned it off so this is just a guess.

Jim

(in reply to vmxa_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: Space port is automated? - 6/1/2014 10:17:37 PM   
Modest

It means that any ship produced by You from this Space Port will start as automated. We are talking of course only about State ships. Private are out of our control anyway - whether space port is on auto or not. Also keep in mind that Construction Ships or Colony Ships are build by planet, not by it's space port, so don't assume they will be also automated from begining.

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 4
RE: Space port is automated? - 6/1/2014 10:48:04 PM   
vmxa_slith

So no big deal, it sounds like.

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 5
RE: Space port is automated? - 6/15/2014 6:14:19 PM   
cherbert

This is annoying me. I have specifically set the settings to Expert mode so I have full micro management over everything. My Space Ports are set to Automated and churn out streams of ships I don't want and never asked for.

Unlike individual ships there appears to be no way of turning off automation for a space port.

This is really ruining my style of play - is this a bug? Can we get an option to turn off automated Space Ports?

I am using Distant Worlds: Universe (Steam latest version)

< Message edited by cherbert -- 6/15/2014 7:42:01 PM >

(in reply to vmxa_slith)
Post #: 6
RE: Space port is automated? - 6/15/2014 8:21:27 PM   
Bingeling

The civilians do their stuff, they order, retrofit, and retire ships. Nothing you can do about that. The automation of the spaceport has nothing to do with anything, apart from maybe signalling the choice of new built ships starting automated.

If you have construction automated, state ships will appear as well, of course.

(in reply to cherbert)
Post #: 7
RE: Space port is automated? - 6/16/2014 12:37:56 AM   
ldog

quote:

ORIGINAL: cherbert

This is annoying me. I have specifically set the settings to Expert mode so I have full micro management over everything. My Space Ports are set to Automated and churn out streams of ships I don't want and never asked for.

Unlike individual ships there appears to be no way of turning off automation for a space port.

This is really ruining my style of play - is this a bug? Can we get an option to turn off automated Space Ports?

I am using Distant Worlds: Universe (Steam latest version)

They only churn out private sector ships. If they are churning out state ships you've got the automation set for it under empire options. It isn't a base by base setting.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Modest

It means that any ship produced by You from this Space Port will start as automated. We are talking of course only about State ships. Private are out of our control anyway - whether space port is on auto or not. Also keep in mind that Construction Ships or Colony Ships are build by planet, not by it's space port, so don't assume they will be also automated from begining.

That isn't correct either. I turn off automated on construction in settings. Ports still have the automated symbol. Ships come out manual as directed.

< Message edited by ldog -- 6/16/2014 1:39:36 AM >

(in reply to Modest)
Post #: 8
RE: Space port is automated? - 6/16/2014 1:24:40 PM   
cherbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: ldog

They only churn out private sector ships. If they are churning out state ships you've got the automation set for it under empire options. It isn't a base by base setting.
d from begining.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm beginning to understand a bit more now.

(in reply to ldog)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Space port is automated? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI