Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions - 3/18/2001 10:36:00 PM   
wyvern1_6

Hello All, I've just finished downloading SPWaW and installed it after trying for the last 2 months. However, I noticed a few things. First, is that GetRight reports that the download is only 344 MB instead of 360 as posted on the page. Also now that I've installed it it seems quite a bit slower than the original Steel Panthers that I played long time ago. And lastly, I cant seem to get the units to move as a group even after hitting the "A" key instead i got no movement at all. Anyone have any ideas?

Post #: 1
- 3/18/2001 10:57:00 PM   
David F. Wall

First off, welcome to the community. At the risk of sounding pedantic, I'd suggest you read the manual, because while the basic premise is the same, this game has about the same relationship to the original SP as Quake III has to the original Doom. Offhand, it appears that you might want to spend some time fiddling with the delays on the preference screen (I have mine turned all the way down and the game moves at a pretty good clip) and maybe turning the Command and Control setting off.

(in reply to wyvern1_6)
Post #: 2
- 3/18/2001 11:21:00 PM   
wyvern1_6

Thanks for the reply. And yes, I did skim through the manual though not comprehensively. Regrettably I didn't find any reference to what might explain the discrepancies such as the download size and the inability to make formation moves. So I was wondering if anyone else might have an idea. Cheers!

(in reply to wyvern1_6)
Post #: 3
- 3/18/2001 11:26:00 PM   
wyvern1_6

Thanks for the reply. And yes, I did skim through the manual though not comprehensively. Regrettably I didn't find any reference to what might explain the discrepancies such as the download size and the inability to make formation moves. So I was wondering if anyone else might have an idea. Cheers!

(in reply to wyvern1_6)
Post #: 4
- 3/18/2001 11:31:00 PM   
wyvern1_6

(in reply to wyvern1_6)
Post #: 5
- 3/19/2001 12:20:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=002800 above is an old thread on formation movement Hopefully it will help.

(in reply to wyvern1_6)
Post #: 6
- 3/19/2001 12:38:00 AM   
Chris Evitts

A kilobyte is generally accepted as being 1024 Bytes. A megabyte however may be defined as either 1 million bytes, 1000 kilobytes, or 1024 kilobytes. I strongly suspect that this is the cause of the size difference. For formation move to work, you have to set the objective for the formation (even if not using Comand and Control). IIRC, it's a bug that carried over from the original SP3 engine.

(in reply to wyvern1_6)
Post #: 7
- 3/19/2001 9:16:00 AM   
Alby

what speed is your computer? My old 200mhz worked fine for sp3, but spwaw was real slow and jerky, the screen scrolled very slow, so i had to go out and get a faster pc,(boy am i hooked or what?, oh well needed fatser pc anyway..lol)) spwaw plays fine now on 750.

(in reply to wyvern1_6)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI